Forums > General Industry > Photographers posing with their models

Photographer

Brandon Ching

Brooklyn, New York, US

alexwh wrote:
Photographers (or at least this one) sometimes forget what it's like to pose and face some big camera or asked to open eyes while facing some very hot and or bright light. Having my picture taken with the model sometimes helps me to put myself in the model's situation. I would never ask a model to do something I would not do or cannot do. Many times it's the model who requests the two shot. A shoot in a studio with a model is an intimate affair. The photo in some cases either reflects this intimacy or whatever tension may be present. Here is a picture where I wanted to record the relative complexity of a tub shoot!
Alexwh
https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/04.jpg

https://www.alexwaterhousehayward.com/images/nudes/08.jpg

Oh my... thankfully the light didn't fall into the tub of water with her, then you'd have a homicide on your hands and would need to destroy the evidence!

Jun 11 06 11:40 pm Link

Photographer

Gibson Photo Art

Phoenix, Arizona, US

I really wanted to start taking a photo with every model for 2 reasons.

1. Put to rest any doubt a set belonged to me. I doubt that would come up but it made sense to me.

2. If one of the models became famous I could show it off in my studio.

Jun 11 06 11:43 pm Link

Model

vanessa acey

New York, New York, US

i think its great.... ive done it before, and i would do it again.

the 'ugly photographer' problem? ehhh... no such thing as ugly- just unique.. and sometimes thats what makes it work.

Jun 11 06 11:48 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

alexwh wrote:
BCI Photo

In my field of editorial photography, portrait photography in a city that is not big (Vancouver) I could not do this. I don't think I could do this in a big city. Perhaps this model is related to you or you know her well. When I teach photography (particularly a course called the portrait nude) I tell my students that the closest they can get to touching a model is to move some hair from the model's eyes or foreahead by using the pinky. Anything else is crossing the line of professionalism.

Alexwh

Ex GF

Related???
Dude.... You're sick. lol

Jun 11 06 11:55 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

vanessa acey wrote:
i think its great.... ive done it before, and i would do it again.

the 'ugly photographer' problem? ehhh... no such thing as ugly- just unique.. and sometimes thats what makes it work.

Thank you!  I love kind, open minded people! LOL

Jun 12 06 06:19 am Link

Model

Manda Mercure

Windsor, Ontario, Canada

there's a photographer from georgia called james king. he has many photos with the models he's worked with, and they are really fun shots. they really show the personalities of both him and the model and how they go together.

as a model, i don;t see what would be so weird about taking a photo with the photographer. working with people you;ve never met, even in odd situations, is part of what being a model is about. it's kinda nice, also, to have a record of the people you;ve worked with.

Jun 12 06 09:06 am Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Mandy McKeating wrote:
there's a photographer from georgia called james king. he has many photos with the models he's worked with, and they are really fun shots. they really show the personalities of both him and the model and how they go together.

as a model, i don;t see what would be so weird about taking a photo with the photographer. working with people you;ve never met, even in odd situations, is part of what being a model is about. it's kinda nice, also, to have a record of the people you;ve worked with.

Thanks Mandy.  I appreciate yor comments.  I agree. smile

Alan

Jun 12 06 05:05 pm Link

Photographer

W__

Bloomfield, Connecticut, US

I'm thinking, a photographer pays the model to model. As long as he doesn't do something he couldn't in front of his grandmother, all should be good. A model's job is to model as the photographer instructs her.

-bill

Jun 12 06 06:20 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Bodi

East Northport, New York, US

It looks like your in a lot of pain there. I will make the supreme sacrifice and be your stunt double.

BCI Photo wrote:
I suffer for my art.

https://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e59/beyster/lovers.jpg

Jun 12 06 06:29 pm Link

Photographer

Stephen Bodi

East Northport, New York, US

DAMMIT! why am I not working as production crew on that? I must have missed the crew call. Let me know if your lookign for any misc. crew.....

Chili wrote:
https://img2.modelmayhem.com/050813/22/42febd6bbbb72.jpg

"the legend of Pei Mei and the five point palm exploding heart technique" from my KILL CHIL vol II series

D/P was kenny 'corona' alvarez of gloria estafan productions

look for the continuation of KILL CHIL vol II to be shot next week in the deserts around las vegas with Elle, Budd, Beatrix, and Oren

Jun 12 06 06:31 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

Stephen Bodi wrote:
It looks like your in a lot of pain there. I will make the supreme sacrifice and be your stunt double.

lol, be my guest.

Jun 12 06 06:49 pm Link

Photographer

Tied And Taped

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

There's only one model I've ever had my photo taken with:  Elizabeth.  Actually, I had two taken with her.  One she was untied, the other she was tied.  She didn't mind.

Actually, I take that back.  I did a set with Fayth and a set with Arielle where I gagged them onscreen.  I also did a set with Paige Turner.  But none of those are likely to see the light of day now because I'm really self conscious of how I looked in them!

Jun 12 06 06:53 pm Link

Photographer

ADG Photography

Calhoun, Georgia, US

Tape Her Up wrote:
There's only one model I've ever had my photo taken with:  Elizabeth.  Actually, I had two taken with her.  One she was untied, the other she was tied.  She didn't mind.

Actually, I take that back.  I did a set with Fayth and a set with Arielle where I gagged them onscreen.  I also did a set with Paige Turner.  But none of those are likely to see the light of day now because I'm really self conscious of how I looked in them!

I think it is okay to keep some photos for yourself and the model and not to post them or put them in your portfolio.  They are, after all, your pictures. I am not too thrilled with the way I look in photographs most of the time either.

Jun 12 06 07:38 pm Link