Forums > General Industry > Okay this one is for everybody..

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

I'm sure this one has been done before and will get locked by the gatekeeper, but I'm just curious.

Photographers:  What is the weirdest thing a model has asked of you during a shoot?

Models:  What is the weirdest thing a photographer has asked you to do during a shoot?

Jun 09 06 10:54 am Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Sinsazia wrote:
I'm sure this one has been done before and will get locked by the gatekeeper, but I'm just curious.

Photographers:  What is the weirdest thing a model has asked of you during a shoot?

Models:  What is the weirdest thing a photographer has asked you to do during a shoot?

Nothing.

I've never worked with super weird models.  I've worked with very very independent spirits but they've never asked anything inappropriate.

Jun 09 06 11:29 am Link

Photographer

Israel Kendall

Trenton, North Carolina, US

Sinsazia wrote:

This one model (exotic dancer) I was doing a nude shoot with actually asked me to get some sexy shots of her feet! I told her I had no idea what would be a "sexy" shot of a foot, but I snapped some photo's of them for her. Apparently she wanted the pics to give to one of her customers who had a foot fetish.

Jun 09 06 11:35 am Link

Photographer

yani

Matawan, New Jersey, US

Dear Penthouse forum,

;-X

PS:  I stopped the shoot

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Lubricant.

We were shooting her in latex gloves and she said it would make them really shiney and black for the shot....... I know what those dirty little minds of your originally thought. :-)

Photographer

Tony Lawrence

Chicago, Illinois, US

Apfel Photography wrote:
Lubricant.

Where were shooting her in latex gloves and she said it would make them really shiney and black for the shot....... I know what those dirty little minds of your originally thought. :-)

Darn any story that starts with the word Lubricant should be good.  Then you
go and botch it up.  lol

Jun 09 06 11:37 am Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Israel wrote:

This one model (exotic dancer) I was doing a nude shoot with actually asked me to get some sexy shots of her feet! I told her I had no idea what would be a "sexy" shot of a foot, but I snapped some photo's of them for her. Apparently she wanted the pics to give to one of her customers who had a foot fetish.

CR...was that customer you?!?  hehehehe

Jun 09 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

yani wrote:
Dear Penthouse forum,

;-X

PS:  I stopped the shoot

That is an open ended question.  Stopped because you are a dog?  Or stopped because you are a professional? :-)

Jun 09 06 11:38 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Tony Lawrence wrote:
Darn any story that starts with the word Lubricant should be good.  Then you
go and botch it up.  lol

I'm sorry....but here, hope the shots from the shoot help make you feel better

http://www.pbase.com/iapfelmiami/gatasessiontwo

Jun 09 06 11:40 am Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

One of my weirdest requests from a model is this perfectly correct and viewable photograph. You can see one of my Mamiya lenses on the table as well as my glasses. I took this picture of Yuliya in my studio. I have no idea what it's supposed to represent.
Alexwh

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060605/00/4483c094b3845.jpg

Jun 09 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

So far, some shots of the feet has been the most anyone has asked. She was even embarassed and rolled her eyes when asking. Just said she had a "fan" who requested some.

Jun 09 06 11:42 am Link

Photographer

Israel Kendall

I really like that shot, alexwh.

Jun 09 06 11:44 am Link

Photographer

Israel Kendall

groupw wrote:
So far, some shots of the feet has been the most anyone has asked. She was even embarassed and rolled her eyes when asking. Just said she had a "fan" who requested some.

Seems this happens pretty often!

Jun 09 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

I would never look at any request my subject made as "wierd."  I'm lucky enough to work with some of the most courageous and generous people you'll find anywhere...If they ask for something and I can provide it, they've got it, no questions asked.

Jun 09 06 11:45 am Link

Photographer

alexwh

Particularly here in Model Mayhem, this request from my subject, Swedish actress Viveca Lindfors, who died shortly after my photograph in 1995, was unusual.

"Make sure you get every line of my face, I am proud of it," She told me.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/VivecaLindfors.jpg

Jun 09 06 11:49 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i had a model once ask me:

"hey, you got any gum?"

totally outside the model/photographer boudries....

Jun 09 06 11:51 am Link

Model

Tom Sullivan

Yeah but theres no point in mentioning the really weird ones because the mods will lock it again!

Jun 09 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

alexwh

This request was strange, too. The model was nude but I don't have a clue what the fish is supposed to mean.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/JULIAWONGANDTHEFISH.jpg

Jun 09 06 11:54 am Link

Photographer

Creative Image

Avon, Connecticut, US

Alex --
That is a wonderful shot.
Ron

Jun 09 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

alexwh

And this request came from me. Patricia Hutter plays the string bass for the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. I wanted to take her portrait with her 18th century instrument that she calls Nicolo. I told her I wanted to photograph her in her bed. She looked at me odly and complied. I think this is one of the most erotic photographs I have ever taken. It's the bare feet. Patricia paints so I put some of her brushes on the night table.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/Patriciaysubajo.jpg

Jun 09 06 11:59 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

alexwh wrote:
Particularly here in Model Mayhem, this request from my subject, Swedish actress Viveca Lindfors, who died shortly after my photograph in 1995, was unusual.

"Make sure you get every line of my face, I am proud of it," She told me.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/VivecaLindfors.jpg

Not weird at all.  Those lines are her proof of a life well lived.

Jun 09 06 12:03 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

I'll quit with this one. I asked photographer Elliott Erwitt to stick my cable release in his ear.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/ElliottErwitt.jpg

Jun 09 06 12:05 pm Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

Sinsazia wrote:

She asked me to marry her.

(true story)

Jun 09 06 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

CSI-PHOTO

Trenton, Michigan, US

One time at band camp...........

Jun 09 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

studio L

Oakland, California, US

alexwh wrote:
I'll quit with this one. I asked photographer Elliott Erwitt to stick my cable release in his ear.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/ElliottErwitt.jpg

Priceless!

Love your work. (and elliot's)

Jun 09 06 12:22 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Apfel Photography wrote:

I'm sorry....but here, hope the shots from the shoot help make you feel better

http://www.pbase.com/iapfelmiami/gatasessiontwo

yes....very shiny indeed.  wonderful work too.

*note* lubricant

haha

Jun 09 06 12:53 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

alexwh wrote:
And this request came from me. Patricia Hutter plays the string bass for the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. I wanted to take her portrait with her 18th century instrument that she calls Nicolo. I told her I wanted to photograph her in her bed. She looked at me odly and complied. I think this is one of the most erotic photographs I have ever taken. It's the bare feet. Patricia paints so I put some of her brushes on the night table.

https://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d47/alexwh12/Patriciaysubajo.jpg

This is a marvelous portrait.  I love the strength in her hands and the softness of her bed.  Good call on her paint brushes too. 

Thanks for sharing!

Jun 09 06 12:58 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Sinsazia

I am an old geezer and I still marvel and love (and I am thrilled) by what one can do with our 21st century technology. While I only shoot film I have lots and lots of scans stored in my huge collection of CDs and on the hard drive. Of course the ones in the hard drive are backed up as CDs and the CDs themselves as transparencies and negatives in my physical files. I wish more people in MM would answer and post in these forums with pictures as examples.

I have a web page but I find it just as easy to draw pictures from the Photobucket site. I wonder how many people here are afraid to ask how to post pictures? I remember that last year it took me a week to figure out. When you put something in Photobucket it automatically does the [img]........[/img] for you. So it is easy once you get the hang of it. And thanks for the kind words.

Alexwh

Jun 09 06 01:07 pm Link

Photographer

Lexi Evans

Levittown, New York, US

I was doing a bondage shoot and the model was wearing a pair of panties that just weren't working...but they looked good, and she was already tied up. She kept asking me to 1- pick her wedgie 2- check to see if her "snatch" (her words) was showing!

It was definitely funny

Jun 09 06 01:29 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Lexi Evans wrote:
I was doing a bondage shoot and the model was wearing a pair of panties that just weren't working...but they looked good, and she was already tied up. She kept asking me to 1- pick her wedgie 2- check to see if her "snatch" (her words) was showing!

It was definitely funny

okay, i cracked up at this one...a couple of times

that's great!

Jun 09 06 01:33 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Sinsazia wrote:

yes....very shiny indeed.  wonderful work too.

*note* lubricant

haha

Note to the lubricant....according to model, you need the silicone based lub....the water based one will actually damage the latex.

Jun 09 06 01:33 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Tom Sullivan wrote:
Yeah but theres no point in mentioning the really weird ones because the mods will lock it again!

OH Come on!  Humor us!  haha!

Jun 09 06 01:34 pm Link

Model

overandout

Aberdeen, Washington, US

Apfel Photography wrote:

Note to the lubricant....according to model, you need the silicone based lub....the water based one will actually damage the latex.

you are quite handy to have around.

big_smile

Jun 09 06 01:35 pm Link