Forums > General Industry > Paolo Roversi - Studio

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Just got my copy of Studio, the new book from Paolo Roversi. This guy makes some of the most emotional portraits around. There are few prints that look as beautiful as a large, well done polaroid.

Not sure why I posted this? I guess just to give the guy his due.

Jun 09 06 08:36 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

I want that book so damn badly... Paolo's not only one of my favorites, but one of my influences and inspirations.

Jun 09 06 08:38 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Marko Cecic-Karuzic wrote:
I want that book so damn badly... Paolo's not only one of my favorites, but one of my influences and inspirations.

I got it through amazon.com. They have it "marked down" over a hundred bucks and it's still wallet numbing. Strangely designed where each page is a gatefold, you "peel" back the page, much like he does his Polaroid's to "expose" the image beneath. It is limited to 1000 copies so you might not want to wait too long. Beautiful, soulful work.

Jun 09 06 08:43 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

I'd already put it on my wishlist. It's really damn expensive and I'm not exactly cash-rich at the moment. Still... I don't wanna miss this one. I've missed the last few limited editions I really wanted.

Jun 09 06 08:46 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

As did I. One of my favorite shots in the book shows the stack of polaroid waste beneath his processor which sits on an old board supported by two old saw horses. Everything in his studio looks like it has been there for ages.

Jun 09 06 08:51 am Link

Photographer

La Seine by the Hudson

New York, New York, US

Fitting. His stuff to me always seems rooted very much in two worlds, the here-and-now, and in the decades that have proceeded it. Which I find to be a powerful statement in the context of fashion, and simply as statements of beauty and love, life, art...

Jun 09 06 08:54 am Link