Forums > General Industry > Quick Question about composite cards....

Model

Josh Holland

New York, New York, US

What are the proper dimensions of agency and industry standard comp cards?

Jun 08 06 11:34 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

as do the agencies & the clients to whom they market their talent, the cards vary; you will see different sizes & presentations across the country ...

FML

Jun 08 06 11:35 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

theres about three hundred comp cards on my desk..all but two of them are 8.5 X 5.5 inches...

Jun 08 06 11:41 pm Link

Model

Josh Holland

New York, New York, US

Ok thanks...there's a good start!

Jun 09 06 12:29 am Link

Model

Josh Holland

New York, New York, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
theres about three hundred comp cards on my desk..all but two of them are 8.5 X 5.5 inches...

and what about headshots or photos for your portfolio...what are the industry standard sizes?

Jun 09 06 12:31 am Link

Photographer

Morton Visuals

Hope, Idaho, US

5½ x 8½ (half-letter size).

Jun 09 06 12:57 am Link

Photographer

IrisSwope

Dallas, Texas, US

Joshholland wrote:

and what about headshots or photos for your portfolio...what are the industry standard sizes?

Don't know about headshots, but industry standard portfolio size is 9x12...A few vary, but that's standard

Jun 09 06 02:45 am Link

Photographer

FKVPhotography

Ocala, Florida, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:

Absolutely correct.....and there is a reason for that....nothing to do with the agencies....it's the printers.....cheaper to print two comps straight up on one sheet of 8.5x11 inches......I have designed many a comp card, flyer, ad inserts in the past 8 years......printers hate odd sized material....it's a waste of material and requires presses to be adjusted between runs....

Jun 09 06 05:53 am Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

Joshholland wrote:

standard model portfolio and prints are 9x12inches

Jun 09 06 09:09 am Link