Forums > General Industry > To Add or not to add...

Photographer

Jenger Snapps

San Antonio, Florida, US

I browse a lot of people's portfolio's on here and I am just amazed by what I see... so I go to hit add friends but I immediately rethink that...

I wanna ask the question... what do you do when you receive friend requests and the person hasn't spoken to you first? Should I just add to favorites and not bother people? I don't know...

Jun 08 06 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Fotojenics wrote:
I browse a lot of people's portfolio's on here and I am just amazed by what I see... so I go to hit add friends but I immediately rethink that...

I wanna ask the question... what do you do when you receive friend requests and the person hasn't spoken to you first? Should I just add to favorites and not bother people? I don't know...

There is no reason you can't make first contact.  I prefer to talk to people before I send a friends request or add a friend.  I usually comment on a picture or send a tag before I send a friend request.

Jun 08 06 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

Jenger Snapps

San Antonio, Florida, US

Usually I do... sometimes I just don't think about it... and I guess that's rude, but I honestly don't mean anything by it...

Jun 08 06 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

PDXImaging

Lake Oswego, Oregon, US

I believe there's a courtesy component, at least one I follow, that requires me to leave a comment or tag before requesting such of someone.  If I care enough to request, the member should know I at least liked something in their port...  I routinely get requests out of the blue, no big deal, I always accept (it's not like I'm co-signing for a loan...), but a comment or tag is always appreciated and in my opinion, just something that should be done...

Jun 08 06 09:30 pm Link