Forums > General Industry > scam beware

Photographer

TallenSharp

San Antonio, Texas, US

http://www.movingreality.com

on this site I see alot of my fellow photographers and models here... just beware SCAM...I am bringing this to everyones attention to help put a stop to this...thanks TallenSharp

Jun 06 06 09:14 pm Link

Photographer

Fade To Black

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Im sorry, bit tired, what about that site is fake? whats the issue?

Jun 07 06 12:18 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I kinda think it's funny that the so called 'management company' is basically just trying to get people to sign up for (expensive) online portfolios... yet they display a Model Mayhem logo in one of their photos.  You can see it at http://www.movingreality.com/supremeadvice.htm

I also noticed that images from the original poster (Tallensharp) are being used on the movingreality.com website and can be seen at http://www.movingreality.com/Texas.html .  I'm wondering if they put those photos up with Tallensharps consent?

I have a strong feeling that many of the other photos are being used without consent from the models or photographers in 'em.  So far, no proof... just gut feeling.

Jun 07 06 01:25 am Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

i think its somebody who was probably tossed off here and feels bitter. there are lots of people who actually dont even know about model mayhem, yet they automatically go straight to it, and even make up a pic of it.

sounds like a booted a@#hole with the boot still in it, lol

Jun 07 06 01:36 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, US

Thanks SayCheez! for bringing that to my attention. You would think that if that company was going to say that I was one of their photographers that they would at least give me credit and not call me "Photographer #2"....lol. I told them to remove my images within 24 hours or I would contact my attorney. We will see what they do.

Jun 07 06 09:47 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Fade To Black  wrote:
Im sorry, bit tired, what about that site is fake? whats the issue?

They are saying they are a management company......charging models lots of money to shoot with photographers in their area. They are saying that I am one of their photographers (lifted 6 photos from my MM portfolio). I am not one of their photographers and have never heard of them nor was I contacted about working with them........that is what is fake about the site

Jun 07 06 09:52 am Link

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Wow, what's the legal recourse($$S) you could expect for a violation like this?

Jun 07 06 10:29 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Funny how like half the models have photos that have been scrunched down and distorted. Arent 2 of those ladies from that reality dating show with the rapper?

Jun 07 06 10:35 am Link

Photographer

CLT

Winchester, Virginia, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
I kinda think it's funny that the so called 'management company' is basically just trying to get people to sign up for (expensive) online portfolios... yet they display a Model Mayhem logo in one of their photos.  You can see it at http://www.movingreality.com/supremeadvice.htm

I clicked on the MM link and started reading.
http://www.movingreality.com/INTERNETMO … LAINED.htm

The first sentence alone contained 2 grammatical errors. My pet peeve - misuse of homophones, "soul" for "sole" in this case. Then they used the word "via" right after "through", a redundant syntax. I'm an ESL speaker, yet I keep finding these stupid mistakes on these "profictional" websites.

Jun 07 06 10:40 am Link

Photographer

Chris H

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

They have my photos up as well of Mandy-Marie.  She is unaware of any of this.

Jun 07 06 10:41 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Brian Hillburn wrote:
Wow, what's the legal recourse($$S) you could expect for a violation like this?

Probably nothing......I just don't want my photos on that crappy site....lol Have you contacted them Brian? I emailed them and called them. Nobody picked up but I left a message. We will see if the photos are gone in 24 hours

Jun 07 06 10:42 am Link

Photographer

MAD Creativity, Inc

Tampa, Florida, US

Found some of my pics on there as well(Thanks for the heads up SayCheez!)
I just forwarded a link to the site to my lawyer and will have them follow up.

Jun 07 06 10:52 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

SayCheeZ! wrote:
I have a strong feeling that many of the other photos are being used without consent from the models or photographers in 'em.  So far, no proof... just gut feeling.

Strike that.  Now we've got proof!
As you probably could tell, I contacted several of the photographers who's work was  'borrowed' on the website.  Movingreality.com made it a little easier to track down because they left the photographers logo on many of the pictures.

I wasn't able to contact everyone because of time issues or unreadable logos (my eyes are really going bad quickly), so if anyone recognizes someone elses work, it would probably be good to notify them.

One of the best things to do would be to contact the hosting service and notify them of the copyright infringement.  A decent hosting service will shut the website down asap. 

If the images were registerred with the copyright office, you can collect big bucks for such display, without having to worry about attorney fees (the defendant has to pay all attorney fees if found guilty).  If the photos aren't registerred, they're still copyrighted, but it's much more difficult to obtain financial rewards for damages, and you'd have to pay your own attorney fees.

In closing I just gotta say... the guy steals good work!

Gotta run for now.

Jun 07 06 11:05 am Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

Thomas B wrote:
You would think that if that company was going to say that I was one of their photographers that they would at least give me credit and not call me "Photographer #2"....

Heck... I'd take that as a compliment!  You should hear what most people call me!!!

Jun 07 06 11:08 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

Looks like my email and phone call worked. 20 minutes later the Nevada photographer page was removed smile

Jun 07 06 11:19 am Link

Photographer

sureshotstudios

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

Brian Hillburn wrote:
>>>>Wow, what's the legal recourse($$S) you could expect for a violation like this?

+++++
Probably nothing......I just don't want my photos on that crappy site....lol Have you contacted them Brian? I emailed them and called them. Nobody picked up but I left a message. We will see if the photos are gone in 24 hours

Jun 07 06 11:26 am Link

Photographer

TBJ Imaging

sureshotstudios wrote:
Brian Hillburn wrote:
>>>>Wow, what's the legal recourse($$S) you could expect for a violation like this?

+++++

Jun 07 06 11:28 am Link

Photographer

SiVad

Dallas, Texas, US

Well, it's definitely not a real company.... I found a lot of my work on there, along with fellow Texas photographers, Tal Campbell and D. Brown.  My big a** logo starring me in the face on their site.  Guess I'll make a little phone call myself.  Thanks so much for the info.

SiVad. -- Peace.

Jun 07 06 01:40 pm Link

Photographer

SiVad

Dallas, Texas, US

Fellow photographer Tal Campbell and I just called the www.movingreality.com people.  We were both on the phone talking too the guy that answered.  He said that he was "doing us a service by putting our photos up on his website, and that he was directing traffic toward us as well."  Of course there is no link or name of the photographer anywhere on the individual photographer's portfolio's.  And even if there were... he didn't ask to use our work. 

After about 2 minutes of him giving his political statement to us about why he had done nothing wrong, and that they tried to contact us to get permission but could not......... I told him to take the photos down.  He hung up in our face.

Well.......... that's my story.  Too be continued.

SiVad.

Jun 07 06 03:19 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

https://www.richardsfault.com/rp_photo/misc/sluggo.jpg

Jun 07 06 03:32 pm Link

Photographer

Ted Mebane

Washington, District of Columbia, US

SayCheez - thanks for the heads up.  I do NOT know them and didn't authorize them to use any of my images.  This is the message I just sent to all three of their e-mail addresses.

Please remove ALL of my images (washington DC photographer number 4) from your website.  I do NOT want my work on your site in any form. 

I vigorously protect my work and did not authorize in writing my copyrighted images to be used on movingreality.com

PLEASE REMOVE ALL OF MY IMAGES WITHIN 24 HOURS.

Thank You.
Ted Mebane Photography
http://www.tedmebane.com
202 905-8333

Jun 07 06 09:07 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I just checked the website.  From what I can tell, they removed ALL of the photographers portfolios (or at least the links).... either that or my computer just ain't operating correctly.

The models photos are still displayed on the website. I don't know if anyone contacted them (at this moment I haven't done so but probably will).

I know at least one of the models is a MM member.

Edit:
I managed to contact 3 models who's photos appear on the modeling section of the website, have not received any replies at this time.

In one case the model's name was spelled slightly different than she normally spells it, which may be a ploy to keep people from finding the actual person by typing her name into a search engine.

Jun 07 06 09:12 pm Link

Model

Cristal Steverson

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Thanks SayCheez for the heads up.  I am SO SICK of finding my pictures places.  I have 6 (count them 6) unauthorized Myspace pages of people claiming to be me.  They are even going as so far as to argue with each other about who is fake.

Jun 08 06 02:40 am Link

Photographer

DJS Photo Alabama

Birmingham, Alabama, US

I found out yesterday and I told him to take it down, this is his reply...

"Whatever man. Your shit has been removed. Your loss."

I can't stand pepple who did you wrong, then act like you would have benefitted from it.

Jun 09 06 06:57 am Link

Model

CrystalNichole

College Station, Arkansas, US

It always amazes me when models are willing to pay for services from "management companies" that don't even know how to resize the images.

BTW, I just checked the site out and Sivad's photos are still up.

Jun 09 06 03:15 pm Link

Photographer

SayCheeZ!

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

So far there hasn't been ONE photographer or ONE model that has reported that the movingreality.com website is using their images with their consent.  Not even ONE.

If movingreality would only practice what they preach.

Jun 09 06 11:29 pm Link