Forums > General Industry > Your Positive Experiences???

Model

CUnique

Bowie, Maryland, US

Ive had two very positive experiences...I went on a photo shoot on sunday and the photographer didn't take me seriously at first (videographer rather) and that kinda didn't feel good. He didn't even expect me to show up...I met him somewhere because I don't drive ( I was actually 3 hours early because I used buses and wasn't sure how that would work or slow down my travel time). lol During the shoot I was so upset at myself (as usual) because I am a perfectionist...I thought I totally blew it but after the completion of the shoot I not only got a request for further work, but he compensated me an extra $50 and was very happy with the outcome.

On another occassion I went on a photoshoot with a photographer whom I admire and it was an arranged tfcd shoot because I liked his work so much. I showed up and it was a very fun shoot...he found out about me through a friend of his. At the conclusion of the shoot he gave me $150. I was surprised...I guess looking pitiful and needy really works...maybe I should poke some holes in my shoes next time. You know..when you find something that works...run with it. ;-) lol

Jun 06 06 11:50 am Link

Photographer

Paul Ward

New York, New York, US

Most of my experiences have been positive.  I guess it helps that I dont' shoot often smile  When I was shooting fashion and lifestyle, I had many no shows.  Now that I'm shooting all nudes, everyone shows up on time (for the most part) and the shoots go smoothly.

My recent shoots with Candace Nirvana and Lapis from this site have been some of the best photographic experiences I ever had.

Jun 06 06 12:32 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

I have had a ton of posative experiences. I have shot with Rick Edwards twice who I adore and always have fun. I shot with Mickle Design Werks twice also and had all kinds of dirty, wet fun at our last shoot. Bobby Sargent wasted a weekend flying out here to shoot with me and we had a terrific time despite the crappy weather. I would say 99% of my shoots are awesome. And the more I shoot the more fun I have.

Jun 06 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

gracias, Claire
I've had a great time both times as well
now if we can get that punk ass bitch Brad to show up....lol

Jun 06 06 12:44 pm Link

Photographer

groupw

Maricopa, Arizona, US

I would say about 80% of my shoots have been positive experiences.  The other 20% have left me indifferent at worst. Maybe, like an earlier poster, it's because I don't get to shoot often. I try to make the most of the opportunities I get.

Edit: a couple days ago I was looking at comments on a model's port who I had worked with before. Someone left a comment on one of my shots with her about how they liked the moody look of the shot. The model replied that the photographer (me) deserved credit for the lighting that set the mood. In browsing around many ports, I rarely see the model give the photographer credit like that so it made my day!

Jun 06 06 01:28 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Rick Edwards wrote:
gracias, Claire
I've had a great time both times as well
now if we can get that punk ass bitch Brad to show up....lol

I love how the phrase "punk ass bitch" comes up in a thread about positive experiences lol. You are too funny!!

Jun 06 06 01:31 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Batting 1000 here.
4 MM models, 4 amazing shoots.

Jun 06 06 01:34 pm Link

Model

Kita St Cyr

New York, New York, US

Just about all of the photographers I've worked with have been great (As have both makeup artists and the one model)! I'm lucky to find so many interesting people to work with.

Jun 06 06 01:37 pm Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I would like to report that I have had nothing but positive experiences!  I've worked with Brian DeMint of Eyeworks, Don Jones of GreyWolf Photography, Jaimie Duplass of Photo Euphoria, and Chris Mlynarczyk of CEM Photography numerous times and so many others that have been just super!  Not only are they fantastic photographers, they are great friends and I can't thank them enough!

Jun 06 06 01:41 pm Link

Model

Victoria Elle

New York, New York, US

I've only had one negative experience (on a shoot) in my...I guess it's two years now of modeling?  The client both hired an art director, and brought her own.  Each art director brought their own crew.  One entire crew only spoke Turkish.  The Turkish crew liked to stand in the middle of the set where we were supposed to be shooting and talk about stuff that had nothing to do with the shoot.  We were like, "Are they talking about where to move that chair?  Oh.  No, they're talking about how to get to the nearest subway.  The chair is set.  We just wasted a half hour watching them talk."  The client also kept wanting to add dressing to shots that she hadn't ever asked anyone to get (like candles, glasses of wine, little things, and assistants would end up having to go buy them).  I'm surprised no one killed anyone (by the end of the shoot, both AD's appeared livid).  The entire thing took twice as long as it should have, and the photographer didn't seem to care, because I'm pretty sure he was getting paid by the hour, but the three other models and I were getting a flat rate.  No one complained, but it was sooooo frustrating.   

In keeping on topic, I've had awesome shoots anyone I've TFPed with from this site.  You know who you are.

Jun 06 06 01:43 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

i had a girl who was referred to me by a friend of mines find me on MM about 4 days after i had gotten my new camera (he referred her to me like 2 weeks before), and she sent me a note that sunday, then called me that monday night (after i left her my # to call me). we were trying to work out a schedule and she wanted to shoot that wednesday (2 days away) and despite my always upbeat attitude, i was kinda uhhhhnnn on it because of my past issues with the MM girls.
wednesday comes and she's not there at the time we scheduled, so obviously i'm just shaking my head and already began planning the day without her when she says she got lost on the subway (this is in NYC), then still didnt show up. so i'm about to just call her and cancel out, but she finally shows up, and i said bump it, lets go ahead and see what we can knock out.

ended up being the best shoot of my short 3 year run, and she ended up being my most reliable person ever since, and i've been working with her since that day. she's been able to knock out her own shoots, in addition to filling in on last minute to shoots that MM girls no-show me on (which is often - i've already shot her like 10 times, lol) being that i was in bed-stuy and she was in a neighborhood right nearby. after really looking out for me that much, i'm helping her out with her own brand (both behind the scenes & financially) and various other projects she's working on, and she's now going to help me out with a print project that i'm helping fund for the end of the year.

not bad for somebody who i was about minutes from cancelling out on, lol.

Jun 06 06 01:48 pm Link

Photographer

Justin

Fort Collins, Colorado, US

Almost all positive, and it seems the more spontaneous they are, the more fun they are.

Had some general concepts going on and was in contact with a Betcee May (MM #8001). She blew into town, and we headed out in a car before dawn. She was completely enthusiastic, utterly fearless, and thoroughly polished with her posing. Did I mention she looks great? Cold morning, she was a trooper, we drove from place to place, and I had a blast. If every shoot was like this, I'd be shooting every day.

https://justinonimus.com/betcee-silhouette2-bw.jpg
A little fearless deserted-but-public-area nudity.

Jun 06 06 04:27 pm Link