Forums > General Industry > I need a hearse. Any ideas where to find one.

Photographer

Saerbreathach_Photos

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I want to find a hearse for a photoshoot. Any suggestions on where you can get one, besides a funeral home.

Jul 18 05 11:16 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

What's wrong with a funeral home? Give them a nice shot of the hearse in return.

Jul 18 05 11:36 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Have you googled?  There are hearse enthusiast clubs all over the place for people who enjoy their souped up contraptions of the dead.

Jul 18 05 11:39 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Studio /Gary

Depending on your location, there are a few places here and there that rent unusual vehicles. Try some of the phonebooks car rentals or prop shops. Also what Theda said about the car clubs is an excellent idea.

Jul 18 05 11:45 am Link

Photographer

XtremeArtists

A car club hearse may have carried fewer corpses around. This may or may not be a good thing...

Jul 18 05 11:50 am Link

Model

theda

New York, New York, US

Posted by XtremeArtists: 

A car club hearse may have carried fewer corpses around. This may or may not be a good thing...

Corpses are extra.

Jul 18 05 12:39 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

so it would be in bad taste to wait around graveyards and offer the driver a $50 if he follows you home for a couple of hours?

Jul 18 05 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

alexwh

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

This elegant Packard can be found in Guanajuato, Mexico.

https://www.modelmayhem.com/pics/20050718/2/42dbeacaa4af4.jpg

Jul 18 05 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

maybe you can just pimp your ride with an out of the box hearse kit.  modify your suburban toyota mini van make it a black corpse carrier....

Jul 18 05 12:52 pm Link

Photographer

Halcyon 7174 NYC

New York, New York, US

Call your local film commission and ask them to give you contact information for "picture car" owners.

Jul 18 05 02:06 pm Link

Model

Leila

Worcester, Massachusetts, US

Posted by KM von Seidl: 
maybe you can just pimp your ride with an out of the box hearse kit.  modify your suburban toyota mini van make it a black corpse carrier....

Station wagons work beter.

Jul 18 05 02:10 pm Link

Photographer

Ian Powell

Columbus, Ohio, US

I did a student film and was was able to use a local hearse for free for it. But had to do it at weird hours that didn't intereupt service. so just call a few up and tell them what you're doing they might lend or rent

Jul 18 05 02:14 pm Link

Photographer

Philip Barker

Nassau, New Providence, Bahamas

That's deda funny!

Jul 18 05 05:52 pm Link

Model

leo

Los Angeles, California, US

ebay!

Jul 18 05 07:47 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Kim

Honolulu, Hawaii, US

I actually priced hearses last year as a possible new car for myself. The thing is most of them are custom order jobs. they make a production Lincoln Towncar hearse that runs about $70K with the rollers and the refridgeration unit. Basically, if you hope for any resale, you have to get it with the reinforced floor with rollers and the refridgeration unit. Cadillac and Mercedes both have hearses that they have custom fitted with the floors and reefer units, but they run about 110K to 120K. I couldn't justify that expense.

I am ordering a black Dodge Magnum, hemi. I plan to have it kitted out with the chome accents and drapes like a hearse. I also ordered chrome star rims, so it will look like rilling pagan symbols. One of my body jewelry manufacturers is making a stainless steel rosary for my rear view mirror.

Jul 19 05 03:15 am Link