Forums > General Industry > "Idiots" should be in quotes.

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

When I read a thread about a people with insane ideas of what being a model or a photographer is all about I always feel like they should be refered to as "Models" and "Photographers" so they are not confused with Models and Photographers

Here's an example pulled from another thread:
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=52278

So I put out a travel notice.  A model from the area I'm going to contacts me and indicates that she really wants to do a shoot.  We e-mail each other with the possible date (date & time not set yet), type of shoot (casual fashion), location (city) and compensation (TFCD - yeah, I know..).  She says ok it's fine so I reserve the time for her and turn down other inquiries.

Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago (shoot was supposed to happen this coming Sunday in Fort Collins, Colorado).  I e-mail her to confirm shoot (date specific this time along with time of day).  She confirms shoot.

Now all this time we've been e-mailing each other, she knows my real name, she knows what the shoot is going to entail, she knows what the compensation is going to be.  Now after she confirms it, I get this e-mail with a list of questions.  What is your real name? (duh, like you don't read the signatures on my emails? or you don't even look at the name on the e-mail address?)  Where is the exact location?  (sorry but I can't tell you because I've never been to that city before so was going to depend on you for suggestions or we can just shoot downtown by the hotel that I'm staying at).  What kind of outfits do I need to bring?  Will you be providing a makeup artist or will I have to do my own makeup? (Uh, I thought we discussed that already and sorry but I didn't fly my makeup artist up with me on this trip).  Can you give me references for at least two models that you worked with before? (Sure but why didn't you ask for this sooner and weren't you the one who contacted me and wanted to do the shoot?)  What time are we planning to shoot? (Ok, this one wasn't set yet but it was for 8:00 am on a Sunday).  What will the compensation be? (??? Like this was discussed when you first contacted me and you agreed to a TFCD shoot - DUH!!!)

So I fire off the e-mail shaking my head.  I get a reply back.  "Can we start at 10:00 am instead?  8:00 is too early for me."  I reply.  Sorry but I prefer the light earlier in the morning.  However, I'll compromise and how about 9:00 am?

Next day I get an e-mail from her saying, "I'm sorry but I won't be able to do the shoot.  Please consider me the next time you're in the area."

Like, I'm not the one who contacted her to do the shoot.  She contacted me and I thought it was confirmed even after all the weird questions that I had to answer.  So now I have the slot open and I'm hoping another model that I had turned down earlier will be available.

So what did I do wrong other than insist on an early start???  Help me understand this.  Yeah yeah, I know.. I should have set up a paid shoot but I don't normally do paid shoots unless it's a nude shoot and this was supposed to be a casual fashion shoot...

Should be:

So I put out a travel notice.  A "model" from the area I'm going to contacts me and indicates that she really wants to do a shoot.  We e-mail each other with the possible date (date & time not set yet), type of shoot (casual fashion), location (city) and compensation (TFCD - yeah, I know..).  She says ok it's fine so I reserve the time for her and turn down other inquiries.

SNIPPED

Sorry for the negativity. I'm just in a mood right now.

Jun 05 06 06:40 pm Link