Forums > General Industry > CLEARING MY NAME: "Bragging about..." is a SATIRE

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

I've read many messages saying I'm a pompous braggert. I've also read some that said it was very funny.

So if you read it and think I'm bragging about how hot a photographer I am, please read below.

----------------- SPOILER ALERT ------------------
Don't read further if you haven't read the post "Bragging about my life as a photographer" 

----------------- SPOILER ALERT 2 ----------------
Seriously, I think it's a really funny piece and you should reread it and sound out the names.

----------------- SPOILER ALERT 3 ----------------
Ok, I'm no Hemmingway, but if you're reading this far, you're not a NY times literary critic either. For the completely humor impaired:

Nosho = No show

I'll let you figure out the rest.

Jun 05 06 01:11 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

We know! and I hope that Nosho is very happy with her images..yall do great work together smile

Jun 05 06 01:15 pm Link

Photographer

Ivan123

Arlington, Virginia, US

It is always a very sad moment when you realize that on MM no matter HOW obvious the joke is, SOMEone will take you seriously.

Jun 05 06 01:25 pm Link

Photographer

Looknsee Photography

Portland, Oregon, US

Satire is difficult, especially on a medium like this one, where tone cannot be communicated.

On a tangent, sarcasm is a very ineffective way to make a point, too, especially on a forum like this one.

Jun 05 06 03:16 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Looknsee Photography wrote:
Satire is difficult, especially on a medium like this one, where tone cannot be communicated.

On a tangent, sarcasm is a very ineffective way to make a point, too, especially on a forum like this one.

I don't see how the "tone" would make a difference in this. It's hilarious as written. Although, I have to admit it took me 2 times reading thru it to realize what Lassmin Kan Cell was.

Jun 05 06 03:21 pm Link

Photographer

S

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

The original post amused me, but the fact that people are taking it seriously is even funnier.

Jun 05 06 03:31 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Bates

Payson, Utah, US

Dang, really I would have never guessed.

I still like photographing foxes ... and I'm not taking my duck pics down ;^)

Bill

Jun 05 06 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

Man, why'd you have to go and ruin the joke? Punchlines are much funnier when they are left out there hanging - whether people get it or not.

Jun 05 06 04:36 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Isys: We know! and I hope that Nosho is very happy with her images..yall do great work together

Please, don't encourage Nosho!

Bill: I still like photographing foxes ... and I'm not taking my duck pics down ;^)

Just avoid petting them and you'll do fine around here. 

Eric: Man, why'd you have to go and ruin the joke? Punchlines are much funnier when they are left out there hanging - whether people get it or not.

Yeah, until I became the punching bag :p  Probably half the models will never bother to reread the post.

That's ok though, because I'm going to start a niche model photography business: only shooting models with high literary standards. Think J.K Rowling will do a TFCD with me?

Looknsee: Satire is difficult, especially on a medium like this one, where tone cannot be communicated.

Yes, using satire and sarcasm in print should be avoided. smile Sorry, I couldn't help myself. smile

Jun 05 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

Ok, I admit it, I'm stupid...*blushes*, I got suckered in by someone pulling that post in to the one we were on.  I did get the names in the satire, but thought they were just changed to protect the guilty.  Chi, will you forgive me???  Remember, I am 18 and blonde....I will try harder next time (or better yet, just keep my thoughts to myself)!   *Head down in embarrassment*  But, in my defense, I personally, didn't say you were a pompous braggart, just that would do it for me after reading that post.  Just go ahead and spank me and get it over with!! he he he he

Jun 06 06 08:24 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Call me a GWC, but when it's this easy..... 

Kizzy wrote:
Just go ahead and spank me and get it over with!! he he he he

Spank! Ohhh. Spank!

-----------------------------------------------
This post rated PG-13. All spanking is simulated.
No bottoms were touched in its creation.
-----------------------------------------------

Jun 06 06 10:55 am Link

Model

Kizzy

Tulsa, Oklahoma, US

I know, I know...I left myself wide open for that one, but I guess I deserved it!!  Am I forgiven now that I've been properly punished???   ;-)

Jun 06 06 01:11 pm Link