Forums > General Industry > Chill Out Negative Nancies

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

The Things Ive Seen wrote:
However you come across my portfolio I would hope that you spend more than a glancing moment at it. I hope you leave comments, I hope you enjoy what I am doing. I hope you add me as a friend out of respect and admiration.
I also equally hope that you will look at the friends I have gained. Every one of them has outstanding work and deserves to be acknowledged as well.
If anyone out there can benefit from anything I have to offer, advice, photos, comments please ask. I have spent years experiencing how difficult this industry can be and it is painful to see others experiencing it as well.
This site is about networking. Communicating with other people with a diverse yet mutual interest in front of as well as behind the camera.
Shane

Shane, ya got a real nice port, but (pssst!) [whispers] ya need an 18+ on this one: https://www.modelmayhem.com/pic.php?pic … 19d50b0704 [/whispers]

Jun 05 06 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

James Johnson

Anaheim, California, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
The best thing we can do is praise those who are doing well, and give those who aren't doing so well advice on how to improve.

And let the church say "Amen!"

Jun 05 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

LETITIA WINN wrote:
There are many people on this site that uses the forums in the wrong way. I was recently P.O.'ed off by a group of people who was suppose to critique my avi in this one post, sorta like a game. Instead about 5 people attacked me outta nowhere and it was insane! At the end of the day I look at my credits compared to theirs and I have to say it is some very unprofessional people in here!

I wouldn't even sweat it.

Truth be told, I only hang out in 3 forums, General, Model, and Photography. The Off-Topic forum can be a little too intense for me sometimes, as while I'd love to get to know people on a personal level, things can get TOO personal sometimes.

Jun 05 06 07:10 pm Link

Model

MaryPetiteModel

Los Angeles, California, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
GWCs and GWPs are constantly (unjustly) verbally fellating each other

As if I weren't totally smitten with you already...lol...awesome turn of phrase!

You know, you're not supposed to be SMART, Kaitlin (and certainly not a smartASS).  For God's sake, stop ruining the bell curve for the rest of 'em :-)!

Oh...and because of YOU, I am now counting the moments to my shoot with James Graham in NY for an entirely different set of reasons...LOL.

Give peace a chance...I'm with ya!

Jun 05 06 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Robert James Imaging

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

The problem is the sketch out there.  You can't control it (although we try).  People that think they want to be a model then post four webcam photos of themselves and never respond to serious people that want to shoot or photographers that just want to get chicks nekkid.  We can't help but to be annoyed.  Unfortunately some of the best shots can be made with some of those people so they make up our industry.

Jun 05 06 08:42 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

MaryPetiteModel wrote:

As if I weren't totally smitten with you already...lol...awesome turn of phrase!

You know, you're not supposed to be SMART, Kaitlin (and certainly not a smartASS).  For God's sake, stop ruining the bell curve for the rest of 'em :-)!

Oh...and because of YOU, I am now counting the moments to my shoot with James Graham in NY for an entirely different set of reasons...LOL.

Give peace a chance...I'm with ya!

Lol...sorry...but have you ever seen those tee shirts that say "I wish these were brains" across the boobs? Well...look at the size of my chest...I had to get SOMETHING. Ah James...that is one fine piece of ass...lol...that reminds me of another saying that fits this thread well..."make love...not war" wink

Jun 05 06 09:33 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:
Fellow MMers...I know this place is frustrating...GWCs and GWPs are constantly (unjustly) verbally fellating each other, newbies are always posting in the critique forum when they have nothing but webcam/camera phone pics, photographers are always whining about models flaking, and models are always whining about photographers never giving them their pictures. It sucks...I know...

Wait a sec.  What's the title of this thread?

Jun 06 06 08:05 am Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Well...what did they say that you viewed as an attack?

Things that had nothing to do with my avi. Like, "She missed her mark."  "She can't commit" " She can't make up her mind" and a whole load of other shyt that made it clear that they were being petty. Because until I came into the topic everyone was pleasant with each other. The sad thing about it is I don't even know the people that had so much to say about someone they didn't know.

Jun 06 06 11:40 am Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

Dave Krueger wrote:

If you'd read the entire post you'd see that I'm talking about people saying nasty things to each other in the threads and leaving nasty comments on people's portfolios and encouraging people to try to treat each other better. Nothing I said in my original post or any of the posts after that goes against that idea.

Jun 06 06 12:19 pm Link

Model

Kaitlin Lara

LETITIA WINN wrote:

Things that had nothing to do with my avi. Like, "She missed her mark."  "She can't commit" " She can't make up her mind" and a whole load of other shyt that made it clear that they were being petty. Because until I came into the topic everyone was pleasant with each other. The sad thing about it is I don't even know the people that had so much to say about someone they didn't know.

Could you link me to whatever you're talking about or tell me what the title of the thread is so I can go find it myself? I'm curious about the context of those comments.

Jun 06 06 12:25 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Dave Krueger wrote:

If you'd read the entire post you'd see that I'm talking about people saying nasty things to each other in the threads and leaving nasty comments on people's portfolios and encouraging people to try to treat each other better. Nothing I said in my original post or any of the posts after that goes against that idea.

I read the whole thing.  I just quoted all the negative stuff to be annoying.

Jun 06 06 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Archived

Phoenix, Arizona, US

https://www.collegegear.com/sf/stores/product_images/163069-x.jpg

*waaahh wahhhhh*

Jun 07 06 05:13 am Link

Photographer

Mark Reese Photography

Brandon, Florida, US

Kaitlin Lara wrote:

Lol...you know...I actually did allow someone to put me in a duffel bag once...I do fit...how rediculous is that? I can fit in dryers too...lol

I know this was said early in the thread but wanted to say thanks Kaitlin, you gave me some cool ideas for shoots, now when are you coming to Florida so we can shoot my ideas. smile

Jun 07 06 05:29 am Link

Photographer

jon mmmayhem

Philadelphia, Mississippi, US

right on.
less Negative Nancy, more
https://www.interestingideas.com/ii/pix/nanst.jpg

Jun 07 06 09:47 pm Link