Forums > General Industry > Bragging about my life as a photographer

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

San Francisco, California, US

Before I started model photography and knew the difference between a TFCD and GWC, I photographed ducks, mountains, and plants. The ducks sometimes flew away, but they never said wanted to be photographed. Let's call those the good old days.

After hanging around photography forums like this (damn you all!), I noticed some cool magazine-like photos of women in attractive, er, poses. By cleverly masquerading as an experienced photographer and leaving out the part about ducks, I was able to get TFCD shoots of my own.

I photographed quite a few models back then, but my most popular model was Nosho. She had flawless skin - you couldn't see a single imperfection! I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but let's just say I had *lots* of shoots with her. Models may say they aren't attracted to their photographer, but Nosho followed me like dust to a sensor.

As my portfolio grew, I saw less of Nosho because I had more models to choose from. I found myself doing more shoots with a lass, Minkan Seles. She appears about the same as Nosho, but Lass Minkan Seles is a little more pleasant to work with. 

Although I try not to brag, I just had two shoots with Lass Minkan Seles today. More experienced photographers may pooh pooh this, but I don't shoot that much, and the 2nd shoot with Las Minkan Seles was set after the 1st. 

I try to be as professional as I can with models, but I may get more deeply involved with Lass Minkan Seles than I'd like. Hate to make you guys jealous, but my wife doesn't seem to mind Lass Minkan Seles at all.

I hope to shoot with even more experienced models. When that happens, I'll probaby shoot with Kance L Inavance. Maybe I'll see Kance Inavance more often than Lass Minkan Seles. That would be nice.

I don't want to brag, but I also get a lot of referrals. The last one was to work with Les Reesked. She's most often referred by Lass Minkan and Kance Inavance. I don't get follow up messages from her that often, so maybe you vet photogs can tell me what to say. Usually she's introduced like this:

"Lass Minkan Seles here - family emergency, how about Les Reesked? Bye!"

In the meantime, I'll continue my shoots with Lass Minkan Seles and Nosho, but will happily share them with other photographers.

Jun 03 06 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

i prefer to brag about my life with the thrill kill cult

Jun 03 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Bates

Payson, Utah, US

ok ... making note ... remove duck photos from online.

should I remove the fox pup pictures too; so I can get models to shot with me?
https://www.pbase.com/slowpokebill/image/45192895/medium.jpg

Bill

Jun 04 06 09:11 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

Bill Bates wrote:

https://www.pbase.com/slowpokebill/image/45192895/medium.jpg

Bill

Hi Bill!  I didn't know you were a MM member.  I'm familiar with your work from your posts on dpreview.  We even communicated a couple of times about your PAD work with your wife, Wanda.  (I also happen to be married to a Wanda.)

Your work is excellent!  If it already hasn't happened, as soon as the models on MM discover your work, you should have them lined up at your door! :-)

Jun 04 06 10:20 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Bill Bates wrote:

Bill

No, no, no! You see, foxy photos get you more model shoots, which gets you shoots with Nosho and Lass Minkan Seles. Which results in shooting more foxy photos... and ducks.

Btw, that's a really foxy photo.

Jun 04 06 10:36 am Link

Photographer

Bill Bates

Payson, Utah, US

I always have liked photographing foxes ... does that make me a GWC?
https://www.pbase.com/slowpokebill/image/44949880/original.jpg

Bill
http://www.pbase.com/slowpokebill

Jun 04 06 09:50 pm Link

Photographer

DarioImpiniPhotography

Dallas, Texas, US

I like bragging to -- to my ex-engineering buddies.  I know I hit paydirt when they respond with "I hate you!!"

LOL!

Jun 04 06 09:57 pm Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Bill Bates wrote:
I always have liked photographing foxes ... does that make me a GWC?

Only if you want to go to bed with them. But if they're cute enough, maybe some heavy petting?  smile

Jun 05 06 03:08 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Chili wrote:

We're more alike than you think. I'm bragging about the kill thrill cult.

Jun 05 06 03:09 am Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

Chili wrote:

It's spelled "Kult."

Jun 05 06 03:15 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

u should brag about photographing ducks. nature photography is ALOT harder than photographing people.

https://www.stuartphotography.com/animals/gulls_ducks/1DSC_0964.jpg

Jun 05 06 08:28 am Link

Photographer

Chi - Rue99 Photography

Capt Stu Beans wrote:
u should brag about photographing ducks. nature photography is ALOT harder than photographing people.

You're absolutely right about nature photography being difficult. It's incredibly hard to get shots like yours - which looks great btw. I never did get a good flying bird shot. Just birds hanging around.

https://www.rue99.com/gallery/wildlife/shoreline/IMG_3666-egret2_ficr-500.jpg

Jun 05 06 11:47 am Link

Photographer

Michael Blackmon

Oakland, California, US

Rue 99 wrote:
Before I started model photography and knew the difference between a TFCD and GWC, I photographed ducks, mountains, and plants. The ducks sometimes flew away, but they never said wanted to be photographed. Let's call those the good old days.

After hanging around photography forums like this (damn you all!), I noticed some cool magazine-like photos of women in attractive, er, poses. By cleverly masquerading as an experienced photographer and leaving out the part about ducks, I was able to get TFCD shoots of my own.

I photographed quite a few models back then, but my most popular model was Nosho. She had flawless skin - you couldn't see a single imperfection! I don't want to sound like I'm bragging, but let's just say I had *lots* of shoots with her. Models may say they aren't attracted to their photographer, but Nosho followed me like dust to a sensor.

As my portfolio grew, I saw less of Nosho because I had more models to choose from. I found myself doing more shoots with a lass, Minkan Seles. She appears about the same as Nosho, but Lass Minkan Seles is a little more pleasant to work with. 

Although I try not to brag, I just had two shoots with Lass Minkan Seles today. More experienced photographers may pooh pooh this, but I don't shoot that much, and the 2nd shoot with Las Minkan Seles was set after the 1st. 

I try to be as professional as I can with models, but I may get more deeply involved with Lass Minkan Seles than I'd like. Hate to make you guys jealous, but my wife doesn't seem to mind Lass Minkan Seles at all.

I hope to shoot with even more experienced models. When that happens, I'll probaby shoot with Kance L Inavance. Maybe I'll see Kance Inavance more often than Lass Minkan Seles. That would be nice.

I don't want to brag, but I also get a lot of referrals. The last one was to work with Les Reesked. She's most often referred by Lass Minkan and Kance Inavance. I don't get follow up messages from her that often, so maybe you vet photogs can tell me what to say. Usually she's introduced like this:

"Lass Minkan Seles here - family emergency, how about Les Reesked? Bye!"

In the meantime, I'll continue my shoots with Lass Minkan Seles and Nosho, but will happily share them with other photographers.

...(-_-)

Jun 05 06 11:52 am Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

OK, that Fox pups pic is one of the most amazing nature photos I've ever seen... Now that's photography to aspire to....

Jun 05 06 11:56 am Link

Model

Iona Lynn

Oakland, California, US

No models are dumb and didn't see it was a faux name it went right over my head I figured he was shooting Asian models with more traditional names........I even looked up a few of the names to find the models he was shooting with.........
Nosho is a super cute Japanese name. (I watch too much anime)

Jun 05 06 12:09 pm Link

Model

Isys Entertainment

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Iona Lynn wrote:
No models are dumb and didn't see it was a faux name it went right over my head I figured he was shooting Asian models with more traditional names........I even looked up a few of the names to find the models he was shooting with.........
Nosho is a super cute Japanese name. (I watch too much anime)

At first I thought the same thing but as I read I started to understand, that Nosho thing was very funny, Ms. Lynn my humour is very slow today and I did not get what he was saying until his last few lines.

So Rue99 (OP) when writing just make sure us dumb dumbs can get the comedy value within the first sentence...well at least on Monday that is...

I am off to get coffee, I hate Monday

Jun 05 06 12:15 pm Link

Model

ashara

Brewster, New York, US

ha,ha
I am feeling VERY good about myself today as I picked up the humor from jump......it just took me a minute or two to figure out the second name, but I'm ALL good now! LOL

Jun 05 06 12:33 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

Walnut Creek, California, US

I stumbled on to this thread and anticipated the same mindless bantering amongst the village idiots... WOW! What a treat, your work is great! I am blown away with these nature shots!

Nick Ryder

Jun 05 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

I had a shot with Nosho once. Her full name, of course, is Nosho Nokall.

It fell through, naturally.

Jun 05 06 01:21 pm Link

Photographer

Rp-photo

Houston, Texas, US

Let's not forget the lovely and mysterious Noex Payonli, although I much prefer the more reasonable Somex Ani.

Jun 05 06 01:59 pm Link