Forums > General Industry > Texas Photographer arrested for abusing models?

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Say it isn't true: Her MM number is: 58511

https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/vanished_faerie/MyPhotography/TashaWitmer-PortReady-01.jpg

Model Poked in Tummy with Stick. Texas Photographer Charged

AP - Lubbock, Texas
Tim Baker, Reporter

(Lubbock, Texas)  A well known Lubbock photographer, Thuy Anh, has been arrested after an unnamed model was found laying on an unknown rock in an undisclosed Texas location in Lubbock.  The model was discovered by unknown and unnamed tourists and was last seen with the known Anh.  Local authorities have not released details regarding the model, but an undisclosed source close to the investigation told Associated Pressure, "that it appeared the unnamed model had been poked in the tummy with a stick."  A stick was found among known Anh's photography equipment.

Authorities also found a large trademark laying on the left side of the rock.  The trade mark has been sent to Dallas CSI for trace and DNA testing.

The model was airlifted to Texas Mercy General Hospital for Models where she is undergoing intensive Photo Shop therapy, according to Dr. Benny Boombots, Chief of Staph.  She will undergo more tests tomorrow followed by application of filters to remove unsightly poke marks from her tummy.  Boombots felt that she had a good chance of full recovery.  He was cautious in his reply to a press question regarding her ability to play the piano or to continue posting on Modelmayhem's forums.  The unnamed model has been placed on the Elle diet of carrots and peas.

Sheriff Buddy Kooter, Krud County, said it was the strangest case he's seen all year.  Kooter told AP, "How the heck she got that huge 'ole trade mark thing out here to this unknown location is sum-thin else, she being a tiny, tiny, bitty thing and this here rock bein' unknown and all."  Anh was charged with one felony count of poking a model in the tummy with a sharp object, two counts of a photographer in possession of a stick, one count of conspiracy to commit pokeage, and a misdemenor count of leaving a big-ole trade mark on an unknown rock.

In an exclusive to AP, Anh said, "No No! PK Digital Imaging [a Canadian photographer] is the one with the stick! He even admitted to having it in his equiptment bag! Who ever said that picture was in Texas? O.o." Anh said she was being framed. No frames were found among Anh's belongings.

Anh admitted to having a problem with substance abuse, telling AP, "this is crazy! I'm so addicted ..."  While in custody, Anh kept mumbling that the model had no holes.  Boombots refused to discuss the model's holes with AP.

Speaking though the Canadian embassy, PK Imaging, British Columbia, went on record, telling AP, "PK Digitial Imaging will not discuss topics in open litigation.  We do send our condolences to the model in question for her severe trauma that she has experienced." A spokesperson for PK Imaging did believe Anh was hiding something.  Anh responded to PK's response by pointing a finger at them.  It was not immediately known which finger was used to make her point.

Anh has retained the law firm of Cochran and Beelzebub to represent her.  Cochran issued a "cease and desist [order]" against AP news to prevent "further slander of my client."  He attempted to poke holes in the Sheriff's theory, stating the "model was sleeping" and had not been stuck.  Cochran said the county will never make the charges stick. Cochran is presently living in Thyatira, due south of Lubbock.

In an earlier discussion with other photographers on a popular Internet website Model Mayhem, Anh was quoted as saying, "Having [the model] lay on her back ... so that the knees are pointing away from the body while she is laying on her back also helps if you need to poke 'em with a stick."

Neither Anh, the frame store, PK Digital, the rock, Beelzebub, her drug supplier, The Canadian Royal Mounties, or Model Mayhem immediately returned AP's phone calls.

In an unrelated story, Texas photographer Thuy Anh has signed a television deal with the syndicated show COPS for an undisclosed, unknown, and unnamed price.

Jun 03 06 02:30 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Jun 03 06 02:44 am Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Funny!

Really love it, very creative!

Love the newsorganization "Associated Pressure"... LOL

Nice work.

Udo

P.S.: I'd submit this one to the Onion.

Jun 03 06 02:56 am Link

Model

Adeforall

Houston, Alaska, US

At least the Photog will get enough hits, comments, tags and possible shoot in the forest.
Genius! you must be a journalist.

***I'll also look for a way to promote a friend's page*********

Jun 03 06 03:06 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Adeforall wrote:
At least the Photog will get enough hits, comments, tags and possible shoot in the forest.
Genius! you must be a journalist.

***I'll also look for a way to promote a friend's page*********

Who me? wink

Jun 03 06 03:16 am Link

Photographer

Far West Imaging

Laguna Hills, California, US

Finally a forum entry worth reading.

Jun 03 06 03:18 am Link

Photographer

Steve Gardner Photo

Delta, Colorado, US

Were the serial numbers removed from the stick?  Was it registered?  What caliber stick was it?  I have been a stick collector for years.  Just curious.

Jun 03 06 04:35 am Link

Photographer

Steve Gardner Photo

Delta, Colorado, US

And I also do not support Anti-Stick Control.

Jun 03 06 04:35 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Skidder-Steve Images wrote:
And I also do not support Anti-Stick Control.

Sticks don't poke people; photographers with sticks poke people (oh, and Monkeys with sticks, too) wink

Jun 03 06 04:46 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

lol, you guys think this is funny, you should check out the thread it came from, lol

Jun 03 06 04:49 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Thuy Anh wrote:
lol, you guys think this is funny, you should check out the thread it came from, lol

Run! She's got a stick; and she's not afraid to use it!

Jun 03 06 04:50 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

oh oh!!! yellow journalism! yellow journalism!!!! AP put words in my mouth!!!

"Having [the model] lay on her back but bend her knees and twisting her torso so that the knees are pointing away from the body while she is laying on her back also helps if you need to poke 'em with a stick.  There are more poses but the list goes on and on."

I never said the bold text!

O_O

Jun 03 06 05:01 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:
Run! She's got a stick; and she's not afraid to use it!

we all know that PK was the one with the stick. lol i'm innocent i tell you!!! LOL

Jun 03 06 05:02 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

where's the smoking stick now?

Jun 03 06 05:05 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Thuy Anh wrote:
oh oh!!! yellow journalism! yellow journalism!!!! AP put words in my mouth!!!

"Having [the model] lay on her back but bend her knees and twisting her torso so that the knees are pointing away from the body while she is laying on her back also helps if you need to poke 'em with a stick.  There are more poses but the list goes on and on."

I never said the bold text!

O_O

Yellow?  You racist?!  Don't be calling my journalism yella y'hear.

Jun 03 06 05:06 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:

Yellow?  You racist?!  Don't be calling my journalism yella y'hear.

AP putting more words in my mouth! lol

Jun 03 06 05:07 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Thuy Anh wrote:

we all know that PK was the one with the stick. lol i'm innocent i tell you!!!

Criminals say the darnest things! wink

Jun 03 06 05:08 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Skidder-Steve Images wrote:
Were the serial numbers removed from the stick?  Was it registered?  What caliber stick was it?  I have been a stick collector for years.  Just curious.

I think you're suspect now.  You just revealed to the world that you collect sticks.  Did you ever use them?

Jun 03 06 05:10 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:
Criminals say the darnest things! wink

i'm not a criminal.  i noticed you changed the name of the reporter who wrote the story smile AND twisted what i was saying. O.o

Jun 03 06 05:11 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Thuy Anh wrote:
i'm not a criminal.  i noticed you changed the name of the reporter who wrote the story smile AND twisted what i was saying. O.o

My editor did it, I tell you. I'm innocent!

Changed the name? Nadda. Criminal!

Jun 03 06 05:16 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:

and the true criminal reveals himself!!! O_O  clever clever guy... who would have thought that the AP reporter was the true poker! O_O

We need to catch him before he gets away!!!  Hurry! someone grab his sticks before he can use them on us!!!

Jun 03 06 05:18 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:

Changed the name? Nadda. Criminal!

So who is this Robert Ranger friend of yours then??? O.o

Jun 03 06 05:19 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Thuy Anh wrote:
need to catch him before he gets away!!!  Hurry! someone grab his sticks before he can use them on us!!!

he has an alibi; the charges, uh,..., will never "stick" ...

Jun 03 06 05:21 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Thuy Anh wrote:

So who is this Robert Ranger friend of yours then??? O.o

WHo?

Jun 03 06 05:22 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

FML-Photography wrote:

he has an alibi; the charges, uh,..., will never "stick" ...

Thuy, he's 'poking' fun at y'all. /tim

Jun 03 06 05:23 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Thuy Anh wrote:

and the true criminal reveals himself!!! O_O  clever clever guy... who would have thought that the AP reporter was the true poker! O_O

We need to catch him before he gets away!!!  Hurry! someone grab his sticks before he can use them on us!!!

Maintains his best 'poker' face 0_0

Jun 03 06 05:24 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:

Thuy, he's 'poking' fun at y'all. /tim

LOL

Jun 03 06 05:29 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:

uh, alright, you just "stick" around & someone will get to the bottom of this!

Jun 03 06 05:30 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

Tim Baker wrote:

you would have a 'poker' face since you like 'sticking' it to people huh? O_o

Jun 03 06 05:30 am Link

Photographer

UnoMundo

Olympia, Washington, US

from the Office of Johnnie Uno' Cochran:

Cease and desist immediately from further slander of my client.

Any more post insinuating that my client is responsble for any harm to the model in question is liable ans slanderous.

The model is merely sleeping aftr a strenuous hour of posing.

If you have no proof you must desist!

My private investigator Oren Johnson will be in contact with you shortly.

Lawsuit Pending .Uno.

Jun 03 06 08:53 am Link

Photographer

Troy Council

Brooklyn, New York, US

Ummm I heard it is NOT the size of the STICK that matters. But how you use it that counts.

Jun 03 06 09:01 am Link

Photographer

Jim Ball

Frontenac, Kansas, US

anybody know a good way to get coffee out of a keyboard? ;^P

Jun 03 06 09:07 am Link

Photographer

RStephenT

Vacaville, California, US

Tim Baker wrote:
Say it isn't true: Her MM number is: 58511

https://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b257/vanished_faerie/MyPhotography/TashaWitmer-PortReady-01.jpg

Model Poked in Tummy with Stick. Texas Photographer Charged

AP - Lubbock, Texas
Tim Baker, Reporter

(Lubbock, Texas)  A well known Lubbock photographer, Thuy Anh, has been arrested after an unnamed model was found laying on an unknown rock in an undisclosed Texas location in Lubbock.  The model was discovered by unknown and unnamed tourists and was last seen with the known Anh.  Local authorities have not released details regarding the model, but an undisclosed source close to the investigation told Associated Pressure, "that it appeared the unnamed model had been poked in the tummy with a stick."  A stick was found among known Anh's photography equipment.

Authorities also found a large trademark laying on the left side of the rock.  The trade mark has been sent to Dallas CSI for trace and DNA testing.

The model was airlifted to Texas Mercy General Hospital for Models where she is undergoing intensive stretching exercises, according to Dr. Benny Boombots, Chief of Stretch at Mercy.  She will undergo more tests tomorrow followed by Photoshop therapy to remove unsightly stick marks from her tummy.  Boombots felt that she had a good chance of full recovery.  He was cautious in his reply to a press question regarding her ability to play the piano or to continue posting on Modelmayhem's forums.  The unnamed model has been placed on the Elle diet of carrots and peas.

Sheriff Buddy Kooter, Krud County, said it was the strangest case he's seen all year.  Kooter told AP, "How the heck she got that huge 'ole trade mark thing out here to this unknown location is sum-thin else, she being a tiny, tiny, bitty thing and this here rock bein' unknown and all."  Anh was charged with one felony count of poking a model in the tummy with a sharp object, two counts of a photographer in possession of a stick, one count of conspiracy to commit pokeage, and a misdemenor count of leaving a big-ole trade mark on an unknown rock.

In an exclusive to AP, Anh said, "No No! PK Digital Imaging [a Canadian photographer] is the one with the stick! He even admitted to having it in his equiptment bag! Who ever said that picture was in Texas? O.o." Anh said she was being framed. No frames were found among Anh's belongings.

Anh admitted to having a problem with substance abuse, telling AP, "this is crazy! I'm so addicted ..."  While in custody, Anh kept mumbling that the model had no holes.  Boombots refused to discuss the model's holes with AP.

Speaking though the Canadian embassy, PK Imaging went on record, telling AP, "PK Digitial Imaging will not discuss topics in open litigation.  We do send our condolences to the model in question for her severe trauma that she has experienced." A spokesperson for PK Imaging did believe Anh was hiding something.  Anh responded to PK's response by pointing a finger at them.  It was not immediately known which finger was used to make her point.

In an earlier discussion with other photographers on a popular Internet website Model Mayhem, Anh was quoted as saying, "Having [the model] lay on her back but bend her knees and twisting her torso so that the knees are pointing away from the body while she is laying on her back also helps if you need to poke 'em with a stick.  There are more poses but the list goes on and on."

Neither Anh, the frame store, PK Digital, the rock, her drug supplier, The Canadian Royal Mounties, or Model Mayhem immediately returned AP's phone calls.

In an unrelated story, Texas photographer Thuy Anh has signed a television deal with the syndacated show COPS for an undisclosed, unknown, and unnamed price.

Soooo Tim, things are slow up there in Oregon eh?  Funny read.

Jun 03 06 11:13 am Link

Photographer

American Glamour

Detroit, Michigan, US

It is about time.

Jun 03 06 11:30 am Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Never a slow moment here in Krud County ... Associated Pressure News - Serving the greater Krud County area for 1/100th of a Century." wink

Jun 03 06 02:12 pm Link

Photographer

Vivus Hussein Denuo

New York, New York, US

Consensual stick-poking is legal if both parties are of age.  Determining consent is a matter of the facts in each case.  In Throckmorton v. Escondido, the court held that since the model had smiled and asked, "Is that a stick you're holding or are you just glad to see me?" just prior to the actual poking, and continued to smile during the poking, consent was implied.  However, in Ipplewhite v. Epsomsalts, a different court found the poker to be civilly liable to the pokee, through reference to the four corners of the release, which omitted all mention of stick-poking, finger-poking, or any other kind of poking. (Footnote:  Poking with other physiological appendages is a separate issue with its own line of case-law, and hence not dealt with in this analysis.)

In sum, if poking is anticipated, it is best if poker and pokee reduce any poking agreement to writing, preferably with signatures notarized by a person not involved in the pokage.  See also Wikipedia articles on Photographic Pokery and Sticks: Non-traditional Usages.

Jun 03 06 03:05 pm Link

Photographer

PK Digital Imaging

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

hahaha... moved to it's own thread... love it!

Jun 03 06 03:08 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher b Smyth

Airdrie, Alberta, Canada

ROTFLMAO..............................................

Jun 03 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

Good stuff.. That was funny !

Jun 03 06 03:29 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

Vivus Denuo wrote:
Consensual stick-poking is legal if both parties are of age.  Determining consent is a matter of the facts in each case.  In Throckmorton v. Escondido, the court held that since the model had smiled and asked, "Is that a stick you're holding or are you just glad to see me?" just prior to the actual poking, and continued to smile during the poking, consent was implied.  However, in Ipplewhite v. Epsomsalts, a different court found the poker to be civilly liable to the pokee, through reference to the four corners of the release, which omitted all mention of stick-poking, finger-poking, or any other kind of poking. (Footnote:  Poking with other physiological appendages is a separate issue with its own line of case-law, and hence not dealt with in this analysis.)

In sum, if poking is anticipated, it is best if poker and pokee reduce any poking agreement to writing, preferably with signatures notarized by a person not involved in the pokage.  See also Wikipedia articles on Photographic Pokery and Sticks: Non-traditional Usages.

LOL ... good one!  Now, we've established case law on "pokery." wink

Jun 03 06 03:41 pm Link