Forums > General Industry > Interested in Shooting Me?

Photographer

Wayne Chow Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Hey MM photogs,

Have you ever got emails from models asking you if you are interested in shooting them?  You respond saying yes just to feed their ego and they never reply back.  Makes you wonder if they are ever interested in shooting with you in the first place.  Perhaps they are just all talk and no show.

Jun 02 06 12:46 am Link

Photographer

MannyDesalamanca

Orlando, Florida, US

If they want to shoot with me and Don't show up it's Their loss Not Mine !!!!

Manny D.

Jun 02 06 12:48 am Link

Photographer

Antoine McAdams

Irvington, New Jersey, US

Yup...pretty much the models own fault...

Jun 02 06 12:56 am Link

Model

A.Fox

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I feel like a lot of 'aspiring' models have a problem "sealing the deal" so to speak. It's like that get up to the point of setting up a shoot, and then get gun shy or they set it up, then flake b/c they are unsure of this whole process.

Jun 02 06 01:00 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Writing an email response takes little effort.. I'll save my angst for when they set up a shoot.. Then vanish..

But yeah.. It's annoying..

Then again I've said hello to more models than I've actually shot.. So it's a two way street..  I'm sure there's a model out there or two who's wondering.. "Why won't that dickhead set up a shoot with me?"

Jun 02 06 01:10 am Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

waynesglamgirls wrote:
Have you ever got emails from models asking you if you are interested in shooting them?  You respond saying yes just to feed their ego and they never reply back.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of Myspace girls here who apparently have NO intention to ever really model.

Jun 02 06 01:48 am Link

Photographer

Fade To Black

Baltimore, Maryland, US

MySpace is just one big clusterf*ck anyways

Jun 02 06 01:49 am Link

Photographer

Wayne Chow Photography

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Josie Nutter wrote:
Unfortunately, there are a lot of Myspace girls here who apparently have NO intention to ever really model.

Exactly what I mean.  These girls are just talk and no show.  I think they take pleasure telling their friends how many photographers offer them a photoshoot.

Jun 02 06 02:19 am Link

Photographer

T R Willmitch

Normal, Illinois, US

Hi,

I couldn't count all the times that I've had gals write to me here and at OMP (forget MySpace) suggesting that we work together.  And then when I reply... nothing!

What's worse is when a few months go by and then the gal writes again.  I reply and then... nothing.  After this a few months go by and guess who has sent yet another email?

Oh and have I mentioned that in one case the messages are from a real model (not a want-to-be) who lives less than five miles from me?

Well, there is no figuring it!

Take care,
Tom

PS,  We really could work together any time...  just say when!

Jun 02 06 02:26 am Link

Photographer

Stuart Photography

Tampa, Florida, US

waynesglamgirls wrote:
Hey MM photogs,

Have you ever got emails from models asking you if you are interested in shooting them?  You respond saying yes just to feed their ego and they never reply back.  Makes you wonder if they are ever interested in shooting with you in the first place.  Perhaps they are just all talk and no show.

its very easy. you send them to your rates page, get your deposit, and move on. treat this like the business it should be (with the same sales expectations) and you wont get pissed off.

Jun 02 06 08:15 am Link

Photographer

Chris H

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

My thoughts,

I think some new models just want to see if they have what it takes.  They never have the intention of doing the shot, just want to hear the "YES".

My example,

As youth we would go to malls and get girls phone numbers, just to see if the girl would give it up.  Sort of a challenge, althought we knew we would never make the actual call.

Just thinking out loud...

Chris Hughes

Jun 02 06 08:18 am Link

Photographer

Chris H

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

or could be the chicken out factor...

Jun 02 06 08:19 am Link