Forums > General Industry > HELP me understand..........

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Ok, I know a photographer just made the same post but I need feedback on my own prob. For the life of me I can not land a TFP shoot anywhere. I have replied to alot of castings for TFP and even messaged a few photographers in my area that states they offer TFP. Is there something I could be doing wrong? I would appreciate some constructive feedback on this subject. I even state that I can if needed provide my own stylist and makeup artist. I just don't get it!!

Jun 01 06 08:28 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Be patient.  It takes time.  I was on OMP (the other site) for months before I got even a TFP shoot from it.  Now I have plenty of work.  But be persistent ... don't give up!  I have a few models scheduled to shoot with me, and more waiting ... but it's the ones who yell loudest for attention that get shot first!  LOL

Jun 01 06 08:33 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Why would you want "TFP"?  You should test with Elite and Arlene Wilson approved photographers.

Jun 01 06 08:35 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Long story. But I am trying to get more Fashion shots into my book and my agencies photographers are not Fashion but more of commericial. Not being picky but to me sometimes when you get approached to work with photographers it makes you feel as if your work and look is good enough to work on a TFP basis.

Jun 01 06 08:41 pm Link

Photographer

removed member

i feel your pain.

if we were closer together, we could end our search.  i would love love to work with you.

Jun 01 06 08:46 pm Link

Photographer

picturephoto

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well since you posted a thread that a photographer just posted, I'll give you a response that the other thread got a lot of:  wish you were in my part of the world, I would love to shoot with you.

Jun 01 06 08:47 pm Link

Model

Adrienne Aurora

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
Why would you want "TFP"?  You should test with Elite and Arlene Wilson approved photographers.

5'11"! I agree.

Jun 01 06 08:49 pm Link

Photographer

Ellis-photo

Rossford, Ohio, US

Come to Toledo and I can work with you! Im never in Chicago =/ I wish I were though. . .

Jun 01 06 08:49 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

lol I know thanks I needed that. At least I know I'm not that bad on the eyes  smile

Jun 01 06 08:50 pm Link

Model

Sweet Emotion 68

Oldsmar, Florida, US

LETITIA WINN wrote:
Ok, I know a photographer just made the same post but I need feedback on my own prob. For the life of me I can not land a TFP shoot anywhere. I have replied to alot of castings for TFP and even messaged a few photographers in my area that states they offer TFP. Is there something I could be doing wrong? I would appreciate some constructive feedback on this subject. I even state that I can if needed provide my own stylist and makeup artist. I just don't get it!!

Hello...............I know what you mean,,,,,,,,,,but please choose your Photographer wisely........dont settle for anyone just to shoot...........check out my Profile for more valuable info and best of luck to U!!

Jun 01 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

J Merrill Images

Harvey, Illinois, US

I think alot of people would wonder why someone signed by the agencies that you mention would want to do TFP. Also, on your profile you state no nudes or glamour - I understand the part about the nudes but why no glamour. Not all glamour involves nudes or implieds.

I do like your look, however, and would do TFP with you anytime. Come visit New Orleans!

Jun 01 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Chuck Holliday

New York, New York, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

agreed. and if you are going to do it, definitely try photographers who know how to work creatively with the model, and not just some random yuppie GWC who wants to shoot what he wants.

that will defeat the purpose.

Jun 01 06 08:54 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

I can understand the statement about the agencies mention in my port but,
I am not exculsive with my agencies so therefore Im trying to better my book for my next trip to NY. Besides the agencies photographers only shoot what the agents ask for which in the market I live in (commericial)something I am trying to shy away from.

Jun 01 06 09:01 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

LETITIA, you're too good to be looking for TFP's.

Jun 01 06 09:25 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

WOW! Thank you so much BCI. That means alot smile

Jun 01 06 09:28 pm Link

Photographer

lll

Seattle, Washington, US

BCI Photo wrote:
LETITIA, you're too good to be looking for TFP's.

Indeed, you should be paying the agency approved photographers to get some images that they can market you with.  That's the whole point of getting signed with agencies.  They know how to market you best and you should work with them to get work.

Jun 01 06 09:54 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Totally agreeable lll, but once again this is a freelancing matter and not a agency one. As stated earlier I am trying to market myself for another market and therefore chooses not to work with my agencies photographers who will not help me produce images that can be used in other markets. Although I appreciate your comment on the matter, thanks smile

Jun 01 06 10:03 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

I have no interest in your look whatsoever, so I would never tfp.
BUT,
your look has alot of potential for really cool striking high fashion type shots,
which I've done in the past.....and simply bores me to tears.
EVERYTHING takes MORE time than it should.
you'll be fine.

Jun 01 06 10:13 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

Thanks for the very honest opinion!

Jun 01 06 10:15 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

I agree.  If you have the stats and a marketable look, then it will be much more efficient to just pay for the photo work.  Waiting to do TFP, can be a very time consuming process and you may not get the right kinds of shots that you optimally need.  If you are serious about making modeling you primary career, then jump into it, invest smartly and see if you can get signed onto a good agency.

Jun 01 06 10:15 pm Link

Photographer

bman

Hollywood, Alabama, US

LETITIA WINN wrote:
Thanks for the very honest opinion!

smile

Jun 01 06 10:16 pm Link

Model

LETITIA WINN

Chicago, Illinois, US

LETITIA WINN wrote:
Not being picky but to me sometimes when you get approached to work with photographers it makes you feel as if your work and look is good enough to work on a TFP basis.

I hear you Jay and I do in fact pay for my shoots even the ones that I have not been successful @ using, so I don't want this to turn into a discussion about me not being able to pay for shoots or begging for tfp it goes back to my quote above.

Jun 01 06 10:23 pm Link