Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > MUA Does any one use Trucco, Bibo, or TIGI?

Makeup Artist

Loretta Kendall A Salon

Ohio, Illinois, US

I am just wandering does any one here use makeup from Sebastian Trucco, Bibo by Gram Webb, TIGI, or any other product sold in "Professional"  beauty supply stores. I've seen a lot of brands mentioned here but none of those. As a licensed cosmetologist this is what I always considered as professional line.  (Not MAC but we won't open that can of worms again!) Sebastian is a great pro line and I have never seen it mentioned.

Is there a difference between MUA Professional and Salon Professional?

Jun 01 06 07:23 pm Link

Makeup Artist

EmElle Makeup and Hair

San Jose, California, US

Depends on the type of work you are referring to as to whether these lines are any good.

If you need strong color that can be picked up true to color by the camera and sometimes harsh lights, those line probably aren't going to succeed.  They would likely work for commercial work where everyone is supposed to look natural.  They would work fine int he salon setting for everyday wear or possibly weddings.  I would still watch the foundation ingredients, as I believe they have TD in them.  Not good for flash photography.

Jun 01 06 08:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Loretta Kendall A Salon

Ohio, Illinois, US

I see what your saying w/ TIGI & Bibo now you mention it. But I have used Sebastian and several shoots and It holds up well an has a great color spectrum. You just have to know what is foundations are quality for shoots and what is good for every day wear.

Jun 01 06 08:38 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Ashley Elizabeth

Miami Beach, Florida, US

I use a lot of TiGi's make-up.  Especially the shadows (cream and powder)  Their eyeliners are amazing.

I love Trucco's lipglosses, but haven't tried much else from them.

edited to add -  I disagree with EmElle about those lines not reading.  The TiGi reads true to color.

Jun 01 06 10:13 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

I actually really don't care for the TIGI beadhead line... It's poorly made in my opinion, I dont know Ashley, if thats the line you were talking about or just the plain Tigi line.  I haven't seen much of the actual TIGI line in a while, it seems better though, kind of hard to find. Very basic. I remember buying a red eyeshadow from Trucco a couple years ago, but I didn't care for it. 

I do have one of those click-up eyepencils, in white and it is by far the best white eye pencil i have found. I have also been tempted to buy some of their cream blushes.

Jun 01 06 11:20 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Freelance MAC Artist

Denver, Colorado, US

I actually worked in a supply house that distributed Bibo and Trucco for a few years, and now work in a salon that uses TIGI MU-  so of course i tried it all--- just a quick rundown here

So, when I first started- I gave a make-over with TIGI MU-- and will never touch the stuff again!!  Nothing more to say about that lol

*Bibo Mascara-- actually pretty good-- leaves nice lengthy nonclumpy buildable lashes
*Bibo Eye Shadow/Blush-- no way, colors just don't show and stick very well on anyone- not     long lasting at all!!
*Bibo Foundation--- not enough skin tone selection, seems very oily!!
*Bibo lipstick--- not too bad actually- applies very smoothly, could work out ok.

Now with Trucco
*Mascara--- decent, personally thought Bibo was better of the two
*Eye Shadow---  Color's actually stick and show up well- good color selection
*Divinyls lipgloss--  Great-- but for some reason every one always leaked (poor packaging)
*Lipstick--- Not too bad
*Blush-- Good smile
*Foundation- liquid--- very sheer coverage-- not good for photos- great for the natural non-wearing make up gal (also have higher coverage cream found-  but very heavy and thick)
*Liners--  eye/liquid-- awesome,eye pencil--very smudgy, lip--- smile

Now if I had to choose one, I would say Trucco is definetly better to work with-- but there is a noticable difference between these lines and other MU lines--

Personaly I would prefer to use Others (smashbox, Steela, Bobbi, MAC, Sephora, Ben Nye)for sure!!! And I'm sure most would agree also  smile

Jun 01 06 11:51 pm Link

Makeup Artist

EmElle Makeup and Hair

San Jose, California, US

To Ashley:  I played with Trucco years ago.  I wasn't impressed but I did like their glosses.  The rest may have been reformulated since I tried them.

Jun 02 06 12:29 am Link