Forums > General Industry > Just shot with film for the first time in 2 years.

Photographer

Scott Meyer

Cincinnati, Iowa, US

Now I have to wait until tomorrow afternoon to see my pics.

Jun 01 06 05:07 pm Link

Photographer

Tim Baker-fotoPerfecta

Portland, Oregon, US

I have a Nikon F5 and the poor thing just sits there.  I feel the need to get it out and shoot with it now-and-again, but just enjoy the digital age (and PS) so much, I just have to have that instant gratification it gives me.  I look forward to seeing how the images turn out.  Caio, Tim

Jun 01 06 05:10 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

You should already know what they look like...

Jun 01 06 05:56 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

'course, those of us with darkroom facilities - (yes, that still exists) - can see a bit more quickly; even then, the "instant gratification" generation is heading off by leaps & bounds to areas of which we may not have dreamed ...

get better light control with my meter & film, but yes, i do shoot digital too ...

FML

Jun 01 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

JBPhoto

Belleville, Michigan, US

Sorry to hear that...hope your digital is fixed soon!  :-)

Jun 01 06 08:08 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

JBPhoto wrote:

ROFLMAO!!!!!!!

https://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d63/420APRIL/FUNNY%20PICTURES%20AND%20COMMENTS/bigjoke.gif

Jun 01 06 11:44 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

I shoot both ... but more and more shooting with digital.  Tim, let me know if you want to sell your F5 ... it's best damn film camera ever made!  But you'd give me a good deal, right buddy? 

Really I hope that people see that there are reasons to use film or digital depending on the project. Although film use wont go away completely, it is becoming more of an elite "art" form for classes and such.  I wouldn't want to ever forget how to use a film camera.

Jun 01 06 11:49 pm Link

Photographer

Fade To Black

Baltimore, Maryland, US

JBPhoto wrote:

I love you tongue

I tried getting back into 35mm for a while, I just continued to dislike it. I'm going to get a used Med. Format camera to play around with. They're cheap enough now, why not?

Jun 02 06 12:02 am Link