Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What are your FAVE Foundations and why?

Makeup Artist

XXXLFIHi IHFI

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey guys! Whats your FAVE foundation and why? Why do you like it? What do you use it for? What aspects about the foundation cause it to work so well? Ingredients that you like and dislike? What tools do you prefer to use with it?

Viseria... pretty much all their foundation for me

Jun 01 06 11:54 am Link

Makeup Artist

ChristyR

Los Angeles, California, US

My favorite's are Ben Nye, Era Face, CS, Lancome.

Jun 01 06 12:01 pm Link

Photographer

BGJ Freelance Photo

Brentwood, Tennessee, US

For my Photography work I recommend Dan Read Cosmetics it stays on up to 18 hours check out my website www.gibbsphotography.net his link is on my front page. You may have seen his logo on One Model Place.

Jun 01 06 12:05 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Margoux Le Roux

Washington, District of Columbia, US

Black Opal cream stick.  Great coverage and perfect for african american skin tones.

Jun 01 06 12:11 pm Link

Jun 01 06 01:54 pm Link

Makeup Artist

UkMakeupArtist

Liverpool, Illinois, US

RCMA for me.  I use it with the thinner, sometimes a moisturiser or revlon skinlights.  I also like kryolan.

Jun 01 06 01:55 pm Link

Makeup Artist

DreadDoll

RCMA is great.  It goes on evenly and stays on for hours.

Jun 01 06 04:48 pm Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

RCMA for professional use.

On myself, I love Paula Dorf Perfect Glo, Lola Liquid foundation or Revlon Skinlights.

xo.

Jun 01 06 09:01 pm Link

Model

Micheline X Love

Fullerton, California, US

Revlon skin lights? Why do you like this product, I have never used it. smile

Jun 02 06 02:49 am Link

Photographer

name name

New York, New York, US

Micheline  X Love wrote:
Revlon skin lights? Why do you like this product, I have never used it. smile

I don't like wearing heavy foundation, and I have really great skin (after years and years of terrible skin, it's finally clear, so I'm very proud of it).

The Skinlights product that I use (Diffusing Tint Foundation) is very translucent and has a lot of illuminating particles in it, so it makes my skin look all glowy/dewy. I usually just apply my own foundation with my fingers and find that the creamy liquid blends very well.

I've never used it on a shoot, so I'm not sure how it would look in a photograph, but I could guess that it would probably make the skin look very shiny or even greasy, because of all the light reflecting particles in it.

xo.

Jun 02 06 10:13 am Link