Forums > General Industry > Following Photog Links?

Photographer

Mark Fortenberry

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

I have photos on several model pages here. I have the same models on my page. The models get all the comments. "Great Shot" "wonderful look" "Nice lighting" "love your port"

Does anyone follow the photog link and check out the photog's work? I am not looking for comments, just wondering if anyone cares what  the photographer does or is it all about the model.

Personally, I check both ways. If I see a nice shot I want to see more work either by the model or photog.

May 31 06 07:14 am Link

Photographer

Ransomaniac

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

If I'm looking in a model's port and I see a picture that was really well done photographically I normally will follow the photographer link and see the rest of the shooter's work.

I like looking at nice pics, what can I say?

May 31 06 07:37 am Link

Photographer

WingedPower

Cupertino, California, US

Same here. Good photos in a model's portfolio will tend to lead to good photos in the photographer's portfolio. smile I tend to follow links as I'm wondering, "Are his/her other photos as nice as that one?"

May 31 06 07:02 pm Link

Model

Oriental Silk

London, England, United Kingdom

If I see a particularly beautiful and intelligent image on a model's portfolio, I think, "I wish that was me in the picture." In that case, I follow the link back to the photographer's portfolio and see his/her other pictures. At that point I may give a tag saying how much I like the images or even sent e-mail asking about a possible shoot.

May 31 06 07:12 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

The models get the comments from the men because the models have boobs.

The models get the comments from the photographers because they're models.

Typically, photographers only get comments from models who want to work with them.

This is a huge generalization. Indeed, most people who will bother to respond here likely do NOT fit into this generalization.

May 31 06 07:15 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

Christopher Ambler wrote:

Typically, photographers only get comments from models who want to work with them.

This is a huge generalization. Indeed, most people who will bother to respond here likely do NOT fit into this generalization.

Brutally honest but surprisingly true, Ambler strikes again smile

May 31 06 07:16 pm Link

Photographer

Gary Davis

San Diego, California, US

Mark Fortenberry wrote:
Does anyone follow the photog link and check out the photog's work?

Yes, I do smile

May 31 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mark Fortenberry

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Well that clears it up........ Thanks.

Jun 01 06 10:41 am Link

Photographer

Jack North

Benicia, California, US

I follow the links if an image is intriguing. from model to photographer and photographer to model or makeup artist or stylist.

esp. if I am going to work with someone -> to see who they know.

Jun 01 06 06:57 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I always check models I have shot to the comments on their shots that I took.  I usually follow them to the commentors portfolio (model or photographer).  I usually drop them a line thanking them for the compliment.  Perhaps they go, "Oh, yeah, I guess someone did TAKE that shot, huh?"

Jun 01 06 07:02 pm Link

Photographer

Fade To Black

Baltimore, Maryland, US

Pardon the analogy, but....

You go to a high dollar steakhouse, order a nice Filet,
how often do you go to the kitchen and admire the chef?
It's the piece on the plate that you're impressed with.

Same thing with "You have a lovely home" instead of "I adore your house, who built it?" I guess.

Then again I could be talking out of my ass. I thought it might be sort of fitting. The creator has a huge part, I think we should recieve some credit instead of a thankless job, but you can't change people smile

Jun 01 06 07:04 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Works for me. LOL

Jun 01 06 08:51 pm Link

Photographer

Bill Gunter

Daytona Beach, Florida, US

I am only looking for models, why waste time checking out photographers?

Jun 01 06 08:53 pm Link

Photographer

VRG Photography

Tallahassee, Florida, US

Mark Fortenberry wrote:
I have photos on several model pages here. I have the same models on my page. The models get all the comments. "Great Shot" "wonderful look" "Nice lighting" "love your port"

Does anyone follow the photog link and check out the photog's work? I am not looking for comments, just wondering if anyone cares what  the photographer does or is it all about the model.

Personally, I check both ways. If I see a nice shot I want to see more work either by the model or photog.

I check them both. If I see a model that I like, and the photographer is listed, I like to see what kind of work he does and/or if there are other pics that he/she has of the model in their online portfolios.

Usually, in my "profile jumping," I'll find models that are in my area or an area that I frequent, that I otherwise wouldn't have found. I could be jumping all day if I'm not careful.

People have some unique approaches to their shooting, and it's good to see a model through the eye of different photographers.

Jun 01 06 08:57 pm Link