Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > How long for full face??

Makeup Artist

Freelance MAC Artist

Denver, Colorado, US

I was just curious how long it takes for other artists to do a full face??  Nothing detailed to the extreme because I know that could take long!  I recently did a show and they expected me to whip out all MU to the extreme in 20 min. per model!!  Do you all think that is enough time?  Again, I know it just depends on what they are asking for-- but any feedback on this subject would be greatly appreciated!! MUAH!

May 30 06 09:14 pm Link

Makeup Artist

EmElle Makeup and Hair

San Jose, California, US

It is possible, because remember that with a show, and moving objects (models), you do not have to be exact with application.  Good yes, but not exact.

May 30 06 09:32 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

Los Angeles, California, US

Yeah 20 minutes per face is pretty generous for a fashion show (assuming thats what you are talking about). It's ususally like a nonstop mill of models. It's not unusual to be given less time than that.

May 30 06 10:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

yup 20 is the norm unelss you have to do hair as well and the hair isnt to fussy, i have been the key in a bunch of fashion shows and i usually do hair and make-up in about 30 min so long as they wasnt simple or easy stle of hair, with a "moving" face people are mostly looking at the clothing  but the make-up should still work and look good, lots of time i will do a quick conceal and foundation a touch of powder EYES, lips and some blush, I can do a run way face in less than 15 min, lots of times you can get everyone done, then "fix " what you need to "fix" like add some lips or more blush.
In my port I have a picture of  a model and her hair was reall stlyed up too and that took me 25 min and I had time to spare so i was able to "redo" another models hair beasue it didnt look like the rest of the girls hair and mostly you want you work and the others that you are working with to look cohesive, they wont be exactly the same but close is good enough smile
Have fun and keep smiling.. Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry.

May 31 06 12:02 am Link

Makeup Artist

Freelance MAC Artist

Denver, Colorado, US

Thanks for the feedback!  Now I know to just expect it to be that way all the time smile

May 31 06 09:37 pm Link