Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > how to temp hiding tattoo

Model

hotsnakegirl

Victoria, Illinois, US

i'll go to a 2 week long summer conferences... for personal reasons, i want to hide my tattoo on my right-hand wrist...bec the foundation & concealer don't last so lond, and it's too hot for long-sleeve, i'm brain dead...so if someone has good ideas, please help...REALLY APPRECIATED

May 30 06 04:18 pm Link

Photographer

Harry Young

Los Angeles, California, US

understand your position. best I can think of is theatrical makeup ... supposed to last all day and maybe even longer.

good luck to you!

May 30 06 04:28 pm Link

Photographer

Fotographia Fantastique

White River Junction, Vermont, US

I can say that theatrical makeup does last a lot longer than cosmetic counter stuff.

I do a lot of film/video and when we have to cover tattoos, we use what is called a "tattoo cover kit" a wheel of skin tone makeup by Ben Nye.

Maybe ask the stylists?

May 30 06 04:37 pm Link

Model

_catherine

Santa Cruz, California, US

i'd go with the theatrical makeup too.. ben nye of course =]

but theres this one foundation... outlast by covergirl, i think, that's supposed to last a reaally long time (it has a primer and then a colored foundation) .. they tested it by having women put it on and go salsa dancing, and supposedly, it lasted the whole night^^

May 30 06 06:15 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

Dermablend. Its practically impossible to get off without mineral oil.

May 30 06 06:28 pm Link

Photographer

bubbaclicks

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, US

buy a stylish leather bracelet and don't take it off unless you have to...when you do, apply some make-up...

this is the dilemna of tattoos folks...you never know what the future will bring....a tattoo in a very obvious spot can cost you a job. Stay away from the parlors when you are out drinking...LOL

May 30 06 06:35 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

Doing a forum search for "tattoo" brought up these:

Tattoos? To make-up or not?
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=41102

Question about covering up tattoos...
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=2790

tattoo cover?
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=48619

What Should I Use To Cover My Tattoo's For Shoots?
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=48029

May 30 06 07:10 pm Link

Photographer

ChrisCorbettPhotography

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, US

Go to colortration.com. The stuff works better than most.

May 30 06 08:25 pm Link

Model

hotsnakegirl

Victoria, Illinois, US

thx guys... sorry about the double pose and late reply... my comp has some problems... and i lost the orignal one... but anyway.... i found now:)..thx J

May 30 06 08:34 pm Link

Makeup Artist

EmElle Makeup and Hair

San Jose, California, US

Cinema Secrets will cover, generally without need for concealor as well.  Stipple it on, don't rub or drag.  It's best to apply it with fingers or brush, because a sponge will absorb.  Be sure to powder well.  If you can get the dermacolor waterproof powder, that will help you keep it safely covered even when washing your hands.  Also consider a bracelet or group of them, or watch, to be extra sure.  People will look at the jewelry, not looking for tattoos. 

The bracelets trick is what they did on Charmed!

May 30 06 09:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Robin Rodriguez

Los Angeles, California, US

Good Work EmElle!!!
I would have to agree with cimema secrets...know that you have to counter act the colors....if it's a green/black tattoo go with a red base (grease Paint may not work) and lightly start to coat it with natural colors of the skin you are dealing with.  If it has colors like red oranges you have to coat it with a green base to X out the red and you can go from there....

Stippling is the KEY!!!

Cheers!!
~Robin

May 31 06 11:04 am Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

White shoe polish and dermablend by Ben Nye. Sounds crazy but it will work, Taught to me by a Drag Queen smile
Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

May 31 06 11:51 am Link

Makeup Artist

Cristen Troop

Howell, New Jersey, US

Cool trick Mandy! But the shoe polish doesnt get cracky looking? esp in a bendable place? ....This is why I love this board, finding and sharing lil tricks of the trade!Thanks Mandy

Cristen~

Jun 01 06 05:39 am Link

Photographer

Mann Made Imagery

Lubbock, Texas, US

what you can do is find like a liquid foundation with a really orange tint to it put that on directly over the area (it really works better if you can find one of those in the huge giant stick,for things with the red, orange or yellow, anything warm it's better to use a green instead of orange). a THICK coat but not too thick, you'll know what i mean when you do it. let it dry a bit and put a bit of foundation that is the same color as your skin tone over it then powder with loose powder.  This works for almost any skin tone. This will actually hide anything. It even hides very deep dark bruises on super light skin, I do this on my arms and legs sometimes because I have a tendancy to run into things like the dining room table and the coffee table and the doorway frame when I'm not watching, LOL. and the list goes on and on and on... LOL I'm just a clutz that's always in a hurry to be everywhere at once. LOL

Jun 01 06 05:58 am Link