Forums > General Industry > Those who use this site as a "personals site"

Photographer

Envy - Art

Kansas City, Missouri, US

I just came across yet another "profile" of a guy saying he is either a model or a photographer when it is obvious from the photos and what is said in the introduction that they are just using the site to try to hit on women.  I know there probably isn't much to be done about this, but it really is sad that so many "dirty up" the site by saying they are something they aren't.

So...I have to say this for those who are less than professional.  Yes I am a female photographer...NO I DON'T want to take nude photos of men...NO I don't want to "meet you to discuss how we can work together" and finally...NO I am NOT interested in "trading out" my photography for what you can "offer me"....

Sheesh....just flat out nasty!

Jul 16 05 02:17 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

eh thats life, unless there are strict guidelines ( enforcible at that ), the site could possibly become another MySpace or something.

But if you do see a profile that is clearly not a part of the industry and such, and treating this like a dating service, then report him/her to Tyler, he'll take care of the rest. Rather than bitch abut it, better to just report it and get it over with.

Jul 16 05 02:25 pm Link

Photographer

40 Digital Photography

Tarpon Springs, Florida, US

Posted by Toria: 
I just came across yet another "profile" of a guy saying he is either a model or a photographer when it is obvious from the photos and what is said in the introduction that they are just using the site to try to hit on women.  I know there probably isn't much to be done about this, but it really is sad that so many "dirty up" the site by saying they are something they aren't.

So...I have to say this for those who are less than professional.  Yes I am a female photographer...NO I DON'T want to take nude photos of men...NO I don't want to "meet you to discuss how we can work together" and finally...NO I am NOT interested in "trading out" my photography for what you can "offer me"....

Unfortunately what you’re seeing is very common.
The more members Model Mayhem gets, the more flakes.
I know of a model on here that regularly has to delete comments made on her pictures because of the nasty language. It will only get worse, and if MM tries to restrict membership in any way, then there'll be those that will scream out about losing their "freedom".
Sites like MM, OMP and the like are in a no win situation.

Robert

Jul 16 05 02:26 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Eh, when are people gona learn there is no real freedom of speech, or that they have "rights" on the site and such. Talking on a message board, is like walking into a bar, you get too loud or roudy, the bartender is liable to kick your arse out.

Jul 16 05 02:44 pm Link

Photographer

p h o t o f a s h i o n

London, England, United Kingdom

I am free Tuesday night, but not really looking for anything too serious.

Jul 16 05 02:46 pm Link

Photographer

Hugh Jorgen

Ashland, Oregon, US

Welcome to Model Mayhem!
This website is just getting off the ground, to read more click here! This website is a place for models and photographers to post their pictures and chat with each other. Kind of like a portfolio website with a Friendster/Myspace feel to it. It is completely free... so check it out now.

Jul 16 05 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

Karl Blessing

Caledonia, Michigan, US

Posted by Hugh  Jorgen: 

Welcome to Model Mayhem!
This website is just getting off the ground, to read more click here! This website is a place for models and photographers to post their pictures and chat with each other. Kind of like a portfolio website with a Friendster/Myspace feel to it. It is completely free... so check it out now.

isnt there something in the signup that says you should only join if you are a serious member of the industry (course how would you prove it tongue )

Course then again the rules we have

[3] THIS IS NOT A DATING WEBSITE! Do not join ModelMayhem.com unless you are involved in the industry in some way. If you look like you do not belong, you will be banned without notice. And if you are in the industry, please keep it professional. Like I said, this is not a dating website.

Jul 16 05 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Gundelach

Hamburg, Hamburg, Germany

Posted by Karl Blessing: 
Eh, when are people gona learn there is no real freedom of speech, or that they have "rights" on the site and such. Talking on a message board, is like walking into a bar, you get too loud or roudy, the bartender is liable to kick your arse out.

The real freedom of speech is that your can say anything about something, but you don't have to...
but I have the strangest feeling, these people don't care ;o)

Jul 16 05 03:20 pm Link

Photographer

photoguy42

Toledo, Ohio, US

I guess that's the nice thing about being unattractive...it's so much easier to keep things on a professional level. smile

But then, not everyone has it as easy as I do.

Jul 16 05 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

Boho Hobo

Santa Barbara, California, US

Posted by Toria: 

This must happen to a lot of female photographers.   I've had this happen to me more than a times the last few years, all offers from guys I might add.  So far, I haven't had a female model contacting me to (wink wink) take nude photos (wink wink) of her so we can get to know each other better.  So far it's just been guys offering up those kind of goods.    I should probably put a self-portrait of myself up so as to squash the behaviour...

Jul 16 05 06:02 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

are you single ?????

Jul 16 05 06:05 pm Link

Photographer

Envy - Art

Hmmm...don't think I was "bitching" about it...TRUST me...If I wanted to "bitch" about something...I could get a LOT worse!  *wink*

Jul 16 05 09:59 pm Link

Photographer

Valkyrur

Nelsonville, New York, US

what are you drinking ?

Jul 17 05 05:12 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Long Beach, California, US

Toria -

Does this mean we are not going to the movies?  sad

Jul 17 05 05:19 pm Link

Photographer

- null -

Yo, Toria. I loves me a hot biznatch who be speakin' her mind. You got it goin' ON girl. Holla if ya'll gets to da wes' coas' and we'll hook up, yo.

Er, um, what I meant to say was, yeah, that's just plain silly.

Jul 17 05 05:33 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

NO profanity, NO vulgarity, NO threatening others,  NO loooooooooooooooooooong words,  No hookups,  No dating,  Eat your greens, 

NO FUN ALLOWED,  I want my money back

Jul 17 05 07:22 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

Mark,

LOL...funny comment.

And hey - no making fun of leafy greens.  They might save your life someday.

Jul 17 05 07:25 pm Link

Photographer

New York, New York, US

Posted by Seth: 
Mark,

LOL...funny comment.

And hey - no making fun of leafy greens.  They might save your life someday.

prolong and make my life better but SAVE my life.   Are you LETTUCE man in disguise?  Or is it SALAD MAN? 

What are your super strengths?   

And for the last time stop putting your head on pics of my body.

Jul 17 05 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

Envy - Art

Yep Seth!  Pick me up at 8!  wink

Jul 17 05 07:39 pm Link

Model

Seth Mitchell

LOL...Mark, I refuse to answer that question on the grounds I may incriminate myself - now where is my arugula?

Taria - See you at 8pm smile

Jul 17 05 07:43 pm Link