Forums > General Industry > Why is it so difficult?

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

In checking out many of the portfolios on MM, it is nice that most everyone credits the photogs or models they've included, but so few use the link feature.

It is a little confusing and more time consuming to use that, but it seems like the reasonabe thing to do.  If a model or photog working with you is good enough to include on your portfolio, why would you not include the link to their page too?

Common courtesy and professionalism only takes a bit more effort.

And now let the comments flow!

May 29 06 01:30 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

It actually has nothing to do with common courtesy or professionalism.  The site doesn't permit text links on our profiles.  The best we can do is list the people we've worked with and their Model Mayhem numbers.

May 29 06 01:35 pm Link

Model

Envy

Nashville, Tennessee, US

Shyly wrote:
It actually has nothing to do with common courtesy or professionalism.  The site doesn't permit text links on our profiles.  The best we can do is list the people we've worked with and their Model Mayhem numbers.

He may mean they credit the person in their profile in "credits" but not on the image itself. Correct me if I'm wrong.

May 29 06 01:39 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Shyly wrote:

There is a spot on the bottom of the screen where you can include the MM number of anyone involved in the pic, from mua's to the model to anyone else with an MM number. Check my port and you'll see the highlighted name and link at the bottom of each model with an MM #.  And that's a link to their profile.

May 29 06 01:41 pm Link

Model

Shyly

Pasadena, California, US

Thank you for the clarification.  I misunderstood where you were talking about.  smile

May 29 06 01:45 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

I use it, does that help?

May 29 06 01:46 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Craig Thomson wrote:
I use it, does that help?

Yes it does. And now let's get everyone else to do the same thing.  Maybe Tyler can make it a bit more straight forward to use.  That would be da' bomb!

May 29 06 04:55 pm Link

Model

_Blip_

Tampa, Florida, US

The feature is only usable if the person you've worked with is also on MM. I include a link-back to portfolios of everyone I've worked with if they are on MM. If they aren't, I give them credit for their roles in producing the images, but that is all I can do.

I will note that I have visited profiles where not only are link-backs not used when available, but NO credit is given as to name of the model, or the photographer who owns copyright, let alone anyone else involved with production. I find that annoying, to say the least.

Oh, and should a mod read this, can we PLEASE include categories here on MM for freelance art/creative directors (i.e., photo stylists), and one for prop/set stylists? The categories here leave other important people involved with the creative process on a shoot completely out of the loop. This has bugged me for a long time. I've made several requests, but they've gone unanswered.

Also, what about linking to multiple people in a category (e.g, three stylists who worked together on a shoot)? Can this be done? I don't recall seeing this on any ports here on MM.

Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth. ;-)

May 29 06 09:12 pm Link

Photographer

Art Schotz

Lima, Ohio, US

Andrea-Anderson wrote:
The feature is only usable if the person you've worked with is also on MM. I include a link-back to portfolios of everyone I've worked with if they are on MM. If they aren't, I give them credit for their roles in producing the images, but that is all I can do.

I will note that I have visited profiles where not only are link-backs not used when available, but NO credit is given as to name of the model, or the photographer who owns copyright, let alone anyone else involved with production. I find that annoying, to say the least.

Oh, and should a mod read this, can we PLEASE include categories here on MM for freelance art/creative directors (i.e., photo stylists), and one for prop/set stylists? The categories here leave other important people involved with the creative process on a shoot completely out of the loop. This has bugged me for a long time. I've made several requests, but they've gone unanswered.

Also, what about linking to multiple people in a category (e.g, three stylists who worked together on a shoot)? Can this be done? I don't recall seeing this on any ports here on MM.

Just my $.02. Take it for what it's worth. ;-)

Thank you. That's the kind of dialog I was hoping for.

May 29 06 09:31 pm Link

Model

_Blip_

Tampa, Florida, US

Art Schotz wrote:
Thank you. That's the kind of dialog I was hoping for.

You're most welcome Art! =-)

May 29 06 09:37 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

On the one hand you may have a talented, yet rather self-absorbed photographer who feels like everything revolves around him or her, who will never appreciate the people who help create those images...

...on the other hand, you may simply have someone who shoots with models who belong to a very large group of people who -waitforitwaitforitwaitforit- aren't members of this site. 

It's even possible that those people who aren't members of this site have no interest in the thousands of members knowing their names and seeking them out to bombard them with nude TFP requests.

Just a thought...

May 29 06 09:50 pm Link