Forums > General Industry > American agencies

Photographer

SARAH LOUISE JOHNSON

London, England, United Kingdom

Hi there I am a photographer/model/promo girl from the uk. In october i am going to the USA to visit my friend who is travelling the world. I would ideally like to get some work out there doing promotional/modelling work and if I was succesful would stay for as long as my visa could allow as one day I would love to live in the states. In the uk we have a site called.

www.stuckforstaff.com which, lists all the promotional agencies in the uk, allows you to post a profile and mark off days you are available. I was wondering if there was anything like this site in the usa as it would be a fantastic resource for me before i go and during my stay.

Any comments/tips/advice would be much appreciated.

thankyou in advance

sarahlouisex
www.sarahlouisephotography.com

May 29 06 11:41 am Link

Photographer

Emeritus

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

-sarahlouise- wrote:
I would ideally like to get some work out there doing promotional/modelling work and if I was succesful would stay for as long as my visa could allow . . .

Does your visa allow you to work within the US?  If not, you will have trouble finding agencies to get you work.

May 29 06 11:48 am Link

Photographer

SARAH LOUISE JOHNSON

London, England, United Kingdom

I dont have one, i would just get a three month one before i go, i think they are £100 or something and they allow you to work in the usa, i need to research it more...i do know that! its just really early planning stages right now.

May 29 06 12:16 pm Link