Forums > General Industry > Creepy messages and sharing ports with nonmembers

Model

Less Than Two

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

I know my port is on the internet, and therefore public. And I know I made the choice to put my IM on my port.
But I recently was IMed by a random person who had seen my port, including the nudes. And they refused to give me a MM number, claiming that they were using another person's port (which they refused to give me).
The whole thing made me rather uncomfortable as they kept asking me questions, and refused to give me any information about themselves.
After trying to find out more about them and failing, I asked them not to contact me again.
How should I respond to this in the future?

EDIT: This thread was lame.
I cannot believe I started one of these.

May 28 06 07:15 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Eilispidh_ wrote:
I know my port is on the internet, and therefore public. And I know I made the choice to put my IM on my port.
But I recently was IMed by a random person who had seen my port, including the nudes. And they refused to give me a MM number, claiming that they were using another person's port (which they refused to give me).
The whole thing made me rather uncomfortable as they kept asking me questions, and refused to give me any information about themselves.
After trying to find out more about them and failing, I asked them not to contact me again.

Just like that. Ask questions, when you don't get an answer, drop it like it's hot.

May 28 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

Rich Mohr

Chicago, Illinois, US

Eilispidh_ wrote:

I think there is some blocking feature no?

May 28 06 07:19 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Out of curiosity, why did you choose to put your screen name on your profile?

May 28 06 07:23 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

So all the cool kids can find her?

That's clearly why I did it...

May 28 06 07:25 pm Link

Model

Less Than Two

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Rich Mohr wrote:
I think there is some blocking feature no?

*nods* I did block them in the end.

May 28 06 07:29 pm Link

Model

Less Than Two

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

Brian Diaz wrote:

I don't know, networking.  I figured it might be helpful.

May 28 06 07:31 pm Link

Photographer

500 Gigs of Desire

New York, New York, US

Most models are here for professional reasons and don't realize there are TONS of slimeballs out there (with or without cameras.... with or without portfolios here) who view this site as another "adultfriendfinder.com" rather than a professional networking venue for models and photographers.

May 28 06 07:33 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

Eilispidh_ wrote:

May 28 06 07:34 pm Link

Photographer

LeDeux Art

San Ramon, California, US

sounds like you handled it well, Jonathan

May 28 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Mike Cummings

LAKE COMO, Florida, US

Eilispidh_ wrote:

Block them and eat some popcorn.

May 28 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Joe Koz

Lititz, Pennsylvania, US

Eilispidh_ wrote:

Use the "Block" featuer. I think all the IM clients have the feature. Use it as often as you have to. You're not under any obligation to talk to anyone you don't want to ... and if they're prying for information about you while refusing to give you any information about themselves ... you very probably don't want to talk to them .... ever .... about anything!

May 28 06 08:26 pm Link

Model

BendyMimi

Portland, Oregon, US

My poor creature! 

I guess blocking is the best that you can do, although it would be nice if there was a mechanism to see who was looking at your port.  Just hope it doesn't happen again, perhaps remove your IM and only give it to REAL MM members who have messaged you!
*hugs*

May 28 06 08:29 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

You know....

Out of the thousands of members that are on here, there's about 20 that I have on my messenger list that I talk to on a regular basis. Most of them... Ok, all of them were on my list before I came here.

Somewhere there's a message.

May 28 06 08:40 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Pazza_x_Trucco

El Centro, California, US

Nemi wrote:

Just like that. Ask questions, when you don't get an answer, drop it like it's hot.

Agreed...when ppl contact me on messenger I ask the questions and if they don't answer on how they found my SN or their name...They're Blocked.

May 28 06 09:30 pm Link