Forums > General Industry > Whats the best time of year to shoot in NY.

Photographer

Frisson

It's so obvious that I will have to go there at some point (Katie and Kita are there for a start) so I might as well begin planning.

Please say why when you give your answer.

Thanks

Terry

May 28 06 11:29 am Link

Photographer

J. Newton

COLLEGE POINT, New York, US

Hate to make you choice harder but all year round is great.  Mother Nature provides wonderful backdrops in every season.

JN

May 28 06 11:32 am Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

It really depends on the type of image that you are trying to create.  Ultimately I love NY all year long.  :-D

May 28 06 11:36 am Link

Photographer

J. Newton

COLLEGE POINT, New York, US

It really does depend on what effect you are looking for in your shoots.  The generalities are that spring and fall are the most conducive times to shooting outdoors.  The background colors are abundant and the temperatures are not so extreme as to make the shoot uncomfortable no matter what level of attire you are looking to capture.  The weather during those times can be a little unsettled however and you need to watch for periods of wind and rain.  Still anytime of the year is a "good" time for outdoors in NY.

JN

May 28 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

IBR

Fall by far is the bast.

May 28 06 12:44 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

I think Autmn in NY is beautiful and its very...New York. I mean spring and summer in NYC doesn't offer as much in my opinion. Autmn in NYC especially around Central Park is beautiful.

May 28 06 01:09 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Electra T wrote:
I think Autmn in NY is beautiful and its very...New York. I mean spring and summer in NYC doesn't offer as much in my opinion. Autmn in NYC especially around Central Park is beautiful.

I like that movie...

May 28 06 01:14 pm Link

Photographer

URP

New York, New York, US

Fall is the best. It's not too cold and not hot. The sun stays out until 7 or so. And the colors are beautiful.

May 28 06 01:16 pm Link

Photographer

Craig Thomson

Tacoma, Washington, US

Frisson wrote:
It's so obvious that I will have to go there at some point (Katie and Kita are there for a start) so I might as well begin planning.

Please say why when you give your answer.

Thanks

Terry

Depending on what part of the State you’re going. Manhattan could be brutal in winter.

I'd say anytime you have light, you'll be ok.

May 28 06 01:17 pm Link

Photographer

Samantha_Gatt

Brooklyn, New York, US

Colford Studios wrote:
It really depends on the type of image that you are trying to create.

Exactly. Overall, I would say April/May/October just because the weather is *usually* perfect.

May 28 06 01:23 pm Link

Photographer

qphotonyc

New York, New York, US

skip november thru april if you shoot outdoors.
its too damn cold!

May 28 06 01:53 pm Link

Photographer

Robert Perez

Catasauqua, Pennsylvania, US

Hi,

It depends what you are going for now if you what bright blue skies then end of August is best.
Also this time of year you can shoot till close to 8:00pm.

If you want fall colors then the last weekend of October is best.

May 30 06 11:55 am Link