Forums > General Industry > Locations in San Diego - Tijuana

Photographer

Glamour Haus

San Francisco, California, US

Has any members shot in the Tijuana area ? I will be down in the San Diego area June 10th through the 17th and wanted to shoot south of the boarder. Looking for something like an old desserted town or a town like you would see in the movie Desperado.

May 28 06 08:39 am Link

Photographer

sdsteve

Spokane, Washington, US

you dont want to shoot in tj. Go further south. tj is just nasty

May 28 06 08:43 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Haus

Any suggestions ?

May 28 06 09:42 am Link

Photographer

CurvyPixels Photography

Saratoga, California, US

Glamour Haus wrote:
Any suggestions ?

Ensenada has a couple of nice beaches nearby and it is pretty straight forward to get to, just take the toll road along the coast about 60 miles.  There are also a couple of blow holes and beautiful bays nearby.  Hope it helps...

PS. Don't forget to buy the insurance before driving in...

May 28 06 09:47 am Link

Photographer

Glamour Haus

Thanks neighbor ( Castro Valley )! I was going to go that direction and was hoping to find a rustic old town to shoot in. Searched MM for models but none really in the area. Recognize the train station on Mission and the tracks in Sunol !

May 28 06 12:48 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Yes, get auto insurance!!

Just forget Tijuana  unless you're doing a photojournalism piece on grime.

You might consider the border town of Tecate, a little further east. Much smaller and easier to deal with. Lots of good stuff nearby and a heck of alot less chaos and traffic. The main road that leads west out of town towards Tijuana would be better to explore. Also, the border wait coming back across is MUCH shorter but still avoid it on a Sunday.

There's actually a really cute little town square just a few blocks after you cross the border.

Do you have any experience in Mexico? It's great, but different. Keep an eye on your gear but at the same time, stickers and posters will make you more friends than you can handle.

Also, if you're going to do any risque stuff, just be real careful. (I only mention this after looking at your port.) Very Catholic and if someone calls the cops, . . .  well, it ain't like up here.

May 28 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Haus

May 28 06 07:23 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Haus

Chip Morton wrote:
There's actually a really cute little town square just a few blocks after you cross the border.

Is this in tecate or Tijuana ?

May 28 06 07:27 pm Link

Photographer

Mortonovich

San Diego, California, US

Tecate.

You know, I just looked around using Google Earth. That thing is bitchen!! Holy smokes!! Give it a whirl.

May 28 06 08:07 pm Link