Forums > General Industry > Fashion shows online and tips walking the runway

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Anyone know where I can find sites that showcase the Victoria's Secret and other fashion shows to watch online?

I'm doing my biggest fashion show to date and I got 3 weeks to perfect my walk. I just thought it would help a lot if I could watch some examples of other models.

By the way, whose walked the runway having to carry handbags before? I was told I need to make sure I showcase the bags as I walk down the runway. (I already told the boutique owner I have dibs on the new Marc Jacobs croc bag but we'll see smile

May 27 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

That Look Photography

Clearwater, Florida, US

This might be good...I hope you have a high speed connection...

http://www.ryoni.com/

Mike

May 27 06 05:47 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

I'll have to check it out later when I can get to another computer. (I got Dial-up-still living in the dark ages, I know)

But thanx

May 27 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

Richard Tallent

Beaumont, Texas, US

Try to find the Style channel on cable TV. I think they regularly have shows that are just runway clips. If you don't get it in your area, ask someone you know who has DISH or DirectTV, they might.

May 27 06 10:37 pm Link

Photographer

John Landers

Miami Beach, Florida, US

May 27 06 11:25 pm Link

Model

Ellynyn

Bristol, Connecticut, US

Richard Tallent wrote:
Try to find the Style channel on cable TV. I think they regularly have shows that are just runway clips. If you don't get it in your area, ask someone you know who has DISH or DirectTV, they might.

Yup, that channel is all catwalk, all the time. (Bloody boring after about 15 mins!) Great to learn from!

May 28 06 10:19 am Link

Model

MaryPetiteModel

Los Angeles, California, US

AJ Bella wrote:
Anyone know where I can find sites that showcase the Victoria's Secret and other fashion shows to watch online?

I'm doing my biggest fashion show to date and I got 3 weeks to perfect my walk. I just thought it would help a lot if I could watch some examples of other models.

By the way, whose walked the runway having to carry handbags before? I was told I need to make sure I showcase the bags as I walk down the runway. (I already told the boutique owner I have dibs on the new Marc Jacobs croc bag but we'll see smile

First off: congratulations!
Try watching E!s Fashion Television show (which showcases the runway shows in all the top fashion capitals of the world).  I'm sure the E! website has some clips.

Best of luck and be sure to post some pics of you strutting your stuff when it's all over ;-)!
Mary

May 28 06 03:13 pm Link

Photographer

Garry k

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

AJ Bella wrote:

You should get yourself a full lenght mirror , and find a long hallway to pratice . Seeing that you are black - my guess is that you will fiigure it out pretty quiclky . oh and dont forget about strikin poses at the end of the runway . Give those photogs what they want t see. Play to the cameras .....

May 28 06 03:34 pm Link

Model

Josie Nutter

Seattle, Washington, US

While I was getting fitted for a fashion show yesterday, the designer had some runway DVDs playing that she'd gotten from Netflix.  Didn't even think that they had stuff like that...

May 28 06 05:06 pm Link