Forums > General Industry > taking forever to send my pictures!!!!! AAAARG!!!

Model

Audra Isadora

New York, New York, US

ok, so basically, about 6 weeks ago I had a TFP shoot with someone in a different city than my own.   It was a really good shoot as far as artistic chemistry with the photographer and I left on a very good note with him.

We've been communicating a little bit but he STILL hasnt sent me my CD!!!
He keeps saying he is going to and that he just wants to perfect it...but 6 weeks is ridiculous.....

am I the one being ridiculous?
What should I do?

May 26 06 06:05 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

If you know photoediting make agreements based upon this fact.

Computer problems happen.   TF situations are not paid though getting away with this would not be tolerated with agencies.

I have made people wait and people have made me wait, 
the past is past so being nasty rarely fixes a problem such as this one.

Though not sure what new revelation you expect out of this question.
You have read enough of these threads but I know you just want to vent.

I give you a hug.

May 26 06 06:39 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Audra Isadora wrote:
ok, so basically, about 6 weeks ago I had a TFP shoot with someone in a different city than my own.   It was a really good shoot as far as artistic chemistry with the photographer and I left on a very good note with him.

He keeps saying he is going to and that he just wants to perfect it...but 6 weeks is ridiculous.....

What should I do?

Did you set a time restraint? Did you agree to a certain time frame in the model release?

May 26 06 06:41 pm Link

Photographer

area291

Calabasas, California, US

It is usually one of (3) reasons why pictures are not submitted to a model following a TFP.

1)  The photography sucked and images aren't worth releasing;
2)  The model sucked and images aren't worth releasing;
3)  The photographer is either too lazy or too busy to concern himself with providing images due to the hunt being more important than the capture of the game.

Not much one can do but move on to the next.  Chalk it up to a bad barter and remember what goes around comes around.

May 26 06 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

Jose Luis

Dallas, Texas, US

Audra Isadora wrote:

What should I do?

Hire someone next time- so when they dont perform you can stop your check or sue.

May 26 06 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

CameraSight

Roselle Park, New Jersey, US

Audra Isadora wrote:

What should I do?

Why don't you ask him to at least email you a few photos (low res for web posting)?

May 26 06 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

bazillion and one

https://i.imgur.com/m8TQi.png

May 26 06 06:47 pm Link

Model

Audra Isadora

New York, New York, US

thanks everyone!

So far I have kept my cool and been very calm and professional with him.

The good thing is, he does respond to my calls so its not like hes avoiding me.
I'll try to give him the benefit of the doubt and wait it out a little longer...

May 26 06 06:56 pm Link