Forums > General Industry > Going to the same ports...?

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Is it me or does anyone else find themselves consistently returning to the same portfolios over and over?  Granted that's not a bad thing since I like to see updated work.  Just wondering why that is.  Is it just a question of who's the most active on the site therefore generating frequent avenues to their work?

May 26 06 05:54 pm Link

Photographer

BCI Photo

Indianapolis, Indiana, US

There are certain people who's ports I keep an eye on, because I like to see them grow and develop.

May 26 06 06:04 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Yes,  I noticed this in my own habits.  And I surf this site not just the boards a large amount.

This does happen in the favorite threads also. 
New members seem to just recite what others have said.

There really is a great amount of talent out there on MM.

Many of my favorite ports. 
Do not post in the forums.
Do not use the shout box.
Do not use the look at me box(announcement box).

I did start this thread as a way to share new cool members that we all come across.
Feel free to add when conveniant.

Cool new members. Joined within last 3 months
https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=44086

May 26 06 06:06 pm Link

Photographer

Chip Miller

Brooklyn, New York, US

I love going back to certain peoples portfolios over and over again.  Weither it be for insperation or I just like to see what people are up to.  Often someone will change their av and when I click on them it is like.."oh yeah I saw this person before"  and I am glad to check in again.  I often leave tags just telling people that I stopped by again if I reallly like their work.

May 26 06 06:08 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

BCI Photo wrote:
There are certain people who's ports I keep an eye on, because I like to see them grow and develop.

I do love to check out certain ports that I know change images often.

Suzyinatutu
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=13280

Is a member that does not seem overly concerned with comments.  Having changed her whole portfolio several times over.

I have done it twice but need to switch images off more often.
Once people have seen it twice, even if they are your fans then what is the point of going back.

I think many people are held in artist prison by the need to hold on
to the precious,  PRECIOUS comments and views.

I do give kudos to Brian Rawson who had an image with the most comments that he deleted in order to show new work.

May 26 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

BCI - yeah I like watching the changes / development as well.

Chip- The avatar change, do ya think that's done by people to entice new visits?  I did notice that when I changed to my current avatar views & comments went up a little.

May 26 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

MHana wrote:

I do love to check out certain ports that I know change images often.

Suzyinatutu
https://www.modelmayhem.com/member.php?id=13280

Is a member that does not seem overly concerned with comments.  Having changed her whole portfolio several times over.

I have done it twice but need to switch images off more often.
Once people have seen it twice, even if they are your fans then what is the point of going back.

I think many people are held in artist prison by the need to hold on
to the precious,  PRECIOUS comments and views.

I do give kudos to Brian Rawson who had an image with the most comments that he deleted in order to show new work.

You know I've wondered about that too.  How important do you think it is to hold onto those comments/views?  I'm starting to think that you can use them to see which pictures generate the most interest, etc to hone your port down to the best number of images.

May 26 06 06:15 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Colford Studios wrote:
BCI - yeah I like watching the changes / development as well.

Chip- The avatar change, do ya think that's done by people to entice new visits?  I did notice that when I changed to my current avatar views & comments went up a little.

Many people change them out of bordom,  but many people do use this as a signal that they have new work.

At one point I had images up that I would change based on my current mood.   And those that knew,  knew what I was up to that day.

May 26 06 06:15 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

stylist man

New York, New York, US

Colford Studios wrote:

You know I've wondered about that too.  How important do you think it is to hold onto those comments/views?  I'm starting to think that you can use them to see which pictures generate the most interest, etc to hone your port down to the best number of images.

Well Susi is beautiful but not going to be a top model nor even in my area.
No naughty images so I go back again and again for I know I will likely see something beautiful and new.
Brian R is well known here but I was bored going to his profile.
I am glad he deleted everything to start over.

May 26 06 06:18 pm Link