Forums > General Industry > male model photographers nude or not?

Photographer

Photos By Deej

Tumwater, Washington, US

I am in the process of having a website created for me.  I don't know whether or not I should post nude pics in addition to my other work.  I find that when I am soliciting models if some know that I've done nude work they want nothing to do with me however, I am looking for male models who are open to it as well.  It's not a requirement.  I also found that agencies won't let me work with their models if I inquire about implied nude work even if I tell them won't do any nudity, just mentioning it turns them off.  I feel if they see nude work on my website then I'll never get a chance to work with their models.  Do I stifle my artistic expression in favor of the masses or do I stay true to my self expression and the smart ones who understand that I do more than nudes will get it?  Any feedback from male photographers who experienced something similar would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
Deej

May 24 06 07:17 pm Link

Photographer

JBPhoto

Belleville, Michigan, US

I guess it depends on what you shoot and how it's presented.  If you're shooting/posting playguy-style cock shots, my guess is you would scare off the masses.  However, there's no shame in well-done artistic physique work, and a lot of working models (male and female) have shots like that in their books.

May 25 06 08:48 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

make two websites. one for fashion/commercial work (to be presented to agencies or conservative clients) and one for art (to be presented to galleries or liberal clients). unfortunately, nudity is not highly accepted here (and male nudity is not highly accepted anywhere), and it is something that you have to be willing to work around....

May 25 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

Phoenix E

stupid double posts....
some poetic justice here....two responses as well....

May 25 06 09:08 pm Link