Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > Humidity- help

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

Los Angeles, California, US

I am doing a month long shoot in the jungle and have to deal with humidity (hair and makeup) and treking around with (hopefully) just my belt after initial setup. I have both caucasian and africanamerican hair and skin to deal with. This is going to be a challenge. Anyone know of (especially hair) any wonder do-it-all product?
Also will Ben Nye's dirt products show up on dark skin tones?
And why have I gotten myself into this mess?

May 24 06 02:20 pm Link

Hair Stylist

Olivier

Hairgomine by Barex ( no frizz gel )mixed with a soft mousse works wonders , specially if you will have access to electricity at least at the start of the day .
Have fun in your jungle trip sounds like a great experience !

May 24 06 02:29 pm Link

Makeup Artist

ROSHAR

Jessica Steele wrote:
I am doing a month long shoot in the jungle and have to deal with humidity (hair and makeup) and treking around with (hopefully) just my belt after initial setup. I have both caucasian and africanamerican hair and skin to deal with. This is going to be a challenge. Anyone know of (especially hair) any wonder do-it-all product?
Also will Ben Nye's dirt products show up on dark skin tones?
And why have I gotten myself into this mess?

WOW! In the jungle!
Where?

I know silicone based foundation is good for humidity. Possible a silicone primer as well to keep face dry. Then again if they have great skin just avoid foundation.

I havent used Ben Nye so I dont know how that performs.
Bring lots of water though.

I went camping in the jungle in the Northern Marianas Islands and learned 2 things.
Drink water even if you dont feel thirsty and dont eat a whole papaya....I spent half of my day sitting in a river...wasnt fun.

Good luck- would love to hear about the shoot when you get back!

May 24 06 02:35 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

O yes- "sittin in a river" did that in Costa Rica. HAHA
I'll be in Kauia so it will be a little less drastic than I make it sound.
Thanks for the tips- I'm afraid to be stuck there without the proper products- that would make my job 10x harder.

May 24 06 02:50 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Jessica Steele

bump

I can't find Barex around here anywhere- any other suggestions? anyone?

May 25 06 12:00 pm Link

Model

Naomi Jay

New York, New York, US

For African American hair (and I use it on myself too) I use Queen Helenes' coconut hair  stuff mixed with equal parts pomade. Not a whole lot- just like if you were using serum. I find it softens while gaining control.

May 25 06 12:53 pm Link