Forums > General Industry > Ever feel guilty..

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

About a shot you are about to post that you know is cliche and overdone? I am torn about whether or not to selectively color a new image. I have edited it to a full color image and I have a selective color copy. I like the desaturated one better. But I know there will be a backlash if I post it. hmmm... Frankly, if done well and with purpose I enjoy selective color photos. Maybe I just shouldn't give a rats ass what others think.

Anyone else?

May 24 06 11:36 am Link

Model

Aleta Pardalis

Oceanside, New York, US

If you like the photo & think it looks great why not post it? Then again I've always been a bit of a non-conformist so I don't generally let what other people say or think dictate my actions :p Besides, the truth is almost everything has been done before.

May 24 06 11:43 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

John Jebbia wrote:
But I know there will be a backlash if I post it.

That would be the whole reason I'd post something I'm not 100% sure about, to receive MM backlash then use it to improve, change or stabilize that realm of my imagery.

May 24 06 11:49 am Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

Post them both here first, we can be your test audience.

May 24 06 11:51 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Jeb, you turn models into hotwings and post self portraits of yourself with a chubby..?! 

You are a man who should not be concerned with cliche..

Go with it.. Don't worry.. We'll cover Brian's eyes..

May 24 06 11:55 am Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

WG Rowland wrote:
Jeb, you turn models into hotwings and post self portraits of yourself with a chubby..?! 

You are a man who should not be concerned with cliche..

Go with it.. Don't worry.. We'll cover Brian's eyes..

Oh brother. I didn't have a chubby. I'm bigger than that little knob you folks pointed out.

May 24 06 12:09 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

John Jebbia wrote:

Oh brother. I didn't have a chubby. I wasn't wearing underwear and I am a gifted man.

I would have had a chubby..  On the other hand, I'm not a gifted man.. So, probably, no one would have noticed.. wink

May 24 06 12:13 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

WG Rowland wrote:
I would have had a chubby..  On the other hand, I'm not a gifted man.. So, probably, no one would have noticed.. wink

Oops. I guess I edited my post too late.

May 24 06 12:14 pm Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

Heh..

Oh, and thread hopping cuz I'm lazy.. But sorry about the compact flash.. That DEEPLY sucks..

May 24 06 12:15 pm Link

Photographer

Arizona Shoots

Phoenix, Arizona, US

WG Rowland wrote:
Heh..

Oh, and thread hopping cuz I'm lazy.. But sorry about the compact flash.. That DEEPLY sucks..

Yeah. I'm bummed out.. I had the rushing water blurred perfectly to a milky white. She held perfectly still so as not to blur her...  And my vantage point was perfect for perspective and framing. On the bright side, I have 400+ studio images of her that are safe and sound.

May 24 06 12:18 pm Link