Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Ponytail Holders on the wrist are evil.  I keep missing them sometimes when doing shoots and it sucks.   I'm not quite good enough with photoshop to edit the wrist area and make it look natural.   So in conclusion, ponytail holders are evil when not holding a ponytail.  Thank you.  This has been a public service announcement.

May 23 06 02:19 pm Link

Model

Wynd Mulysa

Berkeley, California, US

This is not off-topic at all.

May 23 06 02:27 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Oops I clicked the wrong topic, meant to put it in general mayhem lol wink

May 23 06 02:49 pm Link

Photographer

S W I N S K E Y

Saint Petersburg, Florida, US

i have edited more then one "skrunchie" off a wrist....

May 23 06 02:56 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

David Scott wrote:
Ponytail Holders on the wrist are evil.  I keep missing them sometimes when doing shoots and it sucks.   I'm not quite good enough with photoshop to edit the wrist area and make it look natural.   So in conclusion, ponytail holders are evil when not holding a ponytail.  Thank you.  This has been a public service announcement.

Make print monochrome.  Edit arm at and below scrunchie completely out of photo.  Placing demon image into shot at that location.  Tell models that's the way you handle scrunchies worn on wrists because they are evil. 

My version of evil is someone bringing and using a silver 3'x7' reflecting panel in full sun on a model at a group shoot.  It drives the color temperature so high that film and digital images can't be compensated together.  It also does a good job of blinding the model.

May 23 06 03:24 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Evil:  When you have the perfect wind blowing and then just as you are about to take the picture it shifts and then....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/subsandwich/100_3933.jpg

May 23 06 03:36 pm Link

Photographer

Pat Thielen

Hastings, Minnesota, US

What is evil (besides me of course): 

* Non-air cushioned light stands
* Marks from clothing when trying to photograph nudes
* GWCs wanting to collaborate with me
* Boyfriends, friends or husbands that do whatever they can to prevent "their" girl from modeling
* Private outdoor locations that lie about being truly private
* Canon users... I kid I kid!
* Krappy Nikon sofrware... I do not kid!

These are a few of my favorite things! Woohoo!

May 23 06 04:15 pm Link

Model

Just AJ

Round Rock, Texas, US

David Scott wrote:
Evil:  When you have the perfect wind blowing and then just as you are about to take the picture it shifts and then....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/subsandwich/100_3933.jpg

But I like it David.  Makes it more. . .welcoming.

May 23 06 07:59 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Thanks Jayne.   Thats actually a picture right fromt he camera.  It was lightly raining that day   *gasp* a photographer posted an unedited picture!  wink

May 23 06 08:12 pm Link

Photographer

Pacific Beach Pictures

Love, Saskatchewan, Canada

David Scott wrote:

How about editing out bandages and stitches from the model punching a window? It's a long story...

May 23 06 08:51 pm Link

Model

Mandie

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

I recently made several photographers edit out enormous bruises on the inside of my arm from donating blood the week before.  I felt so bad!

May 23 06 08:57 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Pacific Beach Pictures wrote:

How about editing out bandages and stitches from the model punching a window? It's a long story...

That's a story I'd like to hear.   *grabs popcorn and sits in a comfy chair*

May 24 06 10:07 am Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Mandie wrote:
I recently made several photographers edit out enormous bruises on the inside of my arm from donating blood the week before.  I felt so bad!

Oh Mandie I'd do anything for you ;-)      Bruises and such aren't as big of a deal to me, I don't mind doing that.  If I notice it i try to cover it non-obviously or take pics from different angles.  Plus yours were for a good cause!  Rock on Mandie!  (I gotta get up there sometime, geez.  been wanting to shoot with ya forever lol)

May 24 06 10:09 am Link

Model

Amira West

Los Angeles, California, US

Pat Thielen wrote:
* Boyfriends, friends or husbands that do whatever they can to prevent "their" girl from modeling

>=/
Grr.

May 24 06 12:43 pm Link

Photographer

Dave Krueger

Huntsville, Alabama, US

I don't use photoshop, but I know how you feel.  Every now and then a model just needs to have her pitted finish buffed out, the wrinkles pulled tight in the ol' ragtop, the dents banged out of her fenders, and a generous application of filler to those creases.

I don't call it Dave's Studio and Body Shop for nothin'.

May 24 06 02:40 pm Link

Model

StacyJack

New Orleans, Louisiana, US

Dave Krueger wrote:
I don't use photoshop, but I know how you feel.  Every now and then a model just needs to have her pitted finish buffed out, the wrinkles pulled tight in the ol' ragtop, the dents banged out of her fenders, and a generous application of filler to those creases.

I don't call it Dave's Studio and Body Shop for nothin'.

LOL

May 24 06 05:28 pm Link

Photographer

Michael J

Rustburg, Virginia, US

David Scott wrote:

That's a story I'd like to hear.   *grabs popcorn and sits in a comfy chair*

Gee, hope I didin't miss that one . . .  sounds much too interesting.

May 24 06 05:45 pm Link

Model

Karine_

Ottawa, Illinois, US

I forgot to take off my watch once (it's kind of old and not very pretty looking) but I remembered soon after and it only showed in a couple of frames.  But it got in the way in what otherwise would be fairly nice photos.  sad

May 24 06 06:03 pm Link

Model

_ALMUR_

San Francisco, California, US

i'm guilty!!! i wear a rubber band on me at all times, either on my wrist or in my hair. but always one or the other. i forget!!! i hate it too, i will toss it if i can remember in time! they need to make little poles with orange flags for them....

May 24 06 06:07 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Yeah these days, I take the time to look for small things like that which could look weird.. as if I am looking the model up and down and checking her out.  lol   But sometimes I just get in a groove taking pictures and well 12 great pictures later... crap! ponytail holder on your wrist.  so i take out the rifle and.... well never mind.   evil  smile

May 24 06 10:13 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Ames wrote:

>=/
Grr.

Luckily I haven't had to deal with that.  But I am sure it will come up one day. Its a shame the guy thinks he OWNS a woman.  Like he got her off eBay or something

May 24 06 10:14 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Karine_ wrote:
I forgot to take off my watch once (it's kind of old and not very pretty looking) but I remembered soon after and it only showed in a couple of frames.  But it got in the way in what otherwise would be fairly nice photos.  sad

SOmetimes watches can work, depending on the outfit.  I usually just have them stick with necklaces and earrings, not a big fan of lip piercings, bracelets can work too sometimes.

May 24 06 10:16 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Oh another evil thing that just happened today.. so I am shooting a picture, clearly, I am looking right thru the camera so I don't know someone is coming and....

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v720/subsandwich/100_4746.jpg

May 24 06 10:20 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Karine_ wrote:

There's a famous case when they filmed "Ben Hur" that one of the extras in the big battle scene had on a huge watch & no one noticed, so the movie goes out & in the middle of the scene this guy's arm is righ in the middle of the camera as he throws a spear and there's a modern watch in the middle of Ancient Rome.

May 24 06 10:29 pm Link

Photographer

David Scott

Marion, Iowa, US

Maybe he was a warrior from the future.  Obviously a man ahead of his time wink    Thank you, thank you, I;ll be here all night.  Try the veal.

May 25 06 07:35 am Link

Photographer

Charlie Schmidt

Kansas City, Missouri, US

Doug Swinskey wrote:
i have edited more then one "skrunchie" off a wrist....

I think We all Have!

Charlie

May 25 06 09:48 am Link