Forums > General Industry > online modeling sites

Model

Drew Foxwell

Baltimore, Maryland, US

anyone heard of onesourcetalent.com? well i have my second interview with them today...basically im skeptical since they want 400$ to create my digital comp card and to market my image and get me jobs. and its 30 bucks a month to maintain your card.
so im thinking come on is this crap? i mean obviously they have some success stories...and blah blah blah people have gotten signed to agencies and thats great. but how many people do they take money from and how many people actually get work? they have over 1,000 clients they work with in the industry so its great exposure...whats the guarantee that my pic is actually going to get sent out? if i get signed to an agency, they don't get paid until I do right? and i mean shit its free to maintain and update my modelmayhem site each month if i wanted. ya know?

May 23 06 10:56 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

ripoff. dont sign anything.

May 23 06 10:56 am Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

https://www.modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=46133

and there are others if you search the forums for onesource

May 23 06 10:57 am Link

Photographer

Doug Lester

Atlanta, Georgia, US

You already know the answer, of course it's a rip off.

May 23 06 10:58 am Link

Photographer

Ivan Aps

Miami, Florida, US

Here is a good background check on them:

http://www.easybackgroundcheck.com/onesourcetalent.html

May 23 06 11:00 am Link

Model

Jakki Browne

Los Angeles, California, US

Modeling is much like acting in the sense that you don't need to pay anyone to represent you.  You should take that $400 (or less) and shoot with an awesome photog and put together your own card/book to submit to agencies.  $400 plus 30 dollars a month sounds pretty crazy since no one can guarantee that you'll get work. I hope this helps.

May 23 06 11:02 am Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Screw'em! Because they are trying to screw you tongue

What they are is like MM only they ask for $400.00 to give you a 5-image card then send the link to photographers and agencies.

Most photographers toss’em like SPAM and most agencies don't even bother with unsolicited comps.

IMHO:
You're better off spending the $400.00 on a pro photographer to get awesome images and working the agencies yourself.

May 23 06 11:03 am Link

Model

Drew Foxwell

Baltimore, Maryland, US

THANKS GUYS! thats all i needed. im too old to fall for this crap and i knew it. im in san diego so its not hard to go straight to the agencies! people shouldn't get paid until you do. this online stuff seems just like those awful conventions that steal people's money. only its online. and you pay to get seen by....well who knows?? have a great day everyone. time to catch some rays....

May 23 06 11:57 am Link