Forums > General Industry > is there another site like photobucket.com?

Photographer

Scott B. Quammen

Oak Ridge, Tennessee, US

Does anyone know a site that's like photobucket.com but that doesn't have limits about what can be posted? I need to have something that I can load thumbnails from my shoots up to, so the models can see their work. I thought about yahoo and deviant art, but on yahoo you can only upload 5 images at a time and on d.a. it's only one at a time. Photobucket at least lets you upload 19 at a time... and when you're talking uploading 250 images, that's important.
In case you're wondering, I'm feuding with photobucket right now. I uploaded some pictures of a shoot that I did and some of the images were "topless". Nowhere on photobucket does it say that those types of images aren't allowed... it only talks about "nudity". Yet they took off EVERY image in that folder... even the ones that weren't topless! Not only that, they went into other folders to look for more "objectionable images." They took off some stuff that didn't show a single thing... and no one in their right mind would have objected to it.
Anyway, if you'll know of something... let me know too... alright?

Till next time,
Scott B. Quammen

May 21 06 05:24 pm Link

Photographer

vanWingo

Lawrenceville, Georgia, US

May 21 06 05:34 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

www.briandiazphotography.com gives me complete ftp access.  But you can't have it.

Maybe www.scottbquammen.com will let you do it.

May 21 06 05:38 pm Link

Model

MelissaLynnette LaDiva

Leawood, Kansas, US

www.picturetrail.com  I have no idea how what the limit is on there, but........

May 21 06 05:40 pm Link

Photographer

Patrick Walberg

San Juan Bautista, California, US

Brian Diaz wrote:
www.briandiazphotography.com gives me complete ftp access.  But you can't have it.

Maybe www.scottbquammen.com will let you do it.

Yes, I hear that domain name is still available, maybe I'll buy it and sell it back to him? 

..................    LOL    Just kidding! ..............

May 21 06 05:44 pm Link

Photographer

Papa-Rotzzi Photography

Ladson, South Carolina, US

I use fotki.com. They just ask you to mark those folders with a warning.. and/or password protect.

Some of my stuff is here... http://public.fotki.com/joeizuzu/papa-rotzzi/

(And for $30 bucks a month, unlimited storage and they even allow you to sell the photos and they just take their little commission and send you a check or connect it to you paypal.)

May 21 06 05:49 pm Link

Photographer

AndrewG

Mesa, Arizona, US

Scott B. Quammen wrote:
Does anyone know a site that's like photobucket.com but that doesn't have limits about what can be posted? I need to have something that I can load thumbnails from my shoots up to, so the models can see their work. I thought about yahoo and deviant art, but on yahoo you can only upload 5 images at a time and on d.a. it's only one at a time. Photobucket at least lets you upload 19 at a time... and when you're talking uploading 250 images, that's important.
In case you're wondering, I'm feuding with photobucket right now. I uploaded some pictures of a shoot that I did and some of the images were "topless". Nowhere on photobucket does it say that those types of images aren't allowed... it only talks about "nudity". Yet they took off EVERY image in that folder... even the ones that weren't topless! Not only that, they went into other folders to look for more "objectionable images." They took off some stuff that didn't show a single thing... and no one in their right mind would have objected to it.
Anyway, if you'll know of something... let me know too... alright?

Till next time,
Scott B. Quammen

Scott..

Best bet is to buy yourself a domain name (you can get them as low as a few bucks, then get it hosted somewhere..).

I have a few domain name that I dont even have hosted.. but it isnt that expensive.. I use www.godaddy.com for hosting and have had no problems even with nudes. I decide what I want on my site.. no problem.

May 21 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Papa-Rotzzi Photography

Ladson, South Carolina, US

AndrewG wrote:
Scott..

Best bet is to buy yourself a domain name (you can get them as low as a few bucks, then get it hosted somewhere..).

I have a few domain name that I dont even have hosted.. but it isnt that expensive.. I use www.godaddy.com for hosting and have had no problems even with nudes. I decide what I want on my site.. no problem.

This is wonderful, in theory.. but if you are not a computer geek, prepare to spend your time trying to figure out web software instead of taking pictures. If you are very comfortable with web software.. then by all means! Have at it!

May 21 06 06:13 pm Link

Photographer

Scott B. Quammen

Oak Ridge, Tennessee, US

Hello everyone... and thank you very much. Between the answers I got here and the ones sent to me in e-mail, I have some very good choices. I appreciate your assistance.

May 22 06 08:31 am Link

Photographer

1972 Productions

Cebu, Central Visayas, Philippines

If it's just picture hosting you want you can also look at:

www.photo.net  and  www.pbase.com

May 22 06 08:32 am Link

Photographer

nathan combs

Waynesboro, Virginia, US

Darren Green wrote:
If it's just picture hosting you want you can also look at:

www.photo.net  and  www.pbase.com

i use photo.net but after x amount you pay a yearly subction i think 25$ or so so not bad

May 22 06 08:41 am Link

Model

Savvy1007

I love Image Shack -> http://imageshack.us/

May 22 06 08:48 am Link

Model

A.Fox

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

I highly recommend you getting your own site and hiring a webmaster if you have lot of images you'd like to share for some time to come. Image hosting sites are always drifting in and out and changing their rules. It's not that expensive. If you have a domain, hosting for something like a simple photo site shouldn't be more than $10/month. If you're paying more, you probably have tons of space that you don't need.

May 22 06 10:15 am Link