Forums > General Industry > Creepy Farmhouse

Model

DeannaSB

Saint John, New Brunswick, Canada

Shooting in a creepy farmhouse...any suggestions on what to wear inside and outside the house???

May 19 06 08:10 pm Link

Photographer

Twisted Light

Miami, Florida, US

Oh if you can find an old Milk maid outfit. Just my .02. Which with inflation isnt worth much, but I cant wait to see what you do come up with.

May 19 06 08:13 pm Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Overalls, a straw hat and a wheat sprig between your teeth. Cow boy boots and a Cowboy hat. My favorite of course, nothing at all.

It really all depends, but what type of feel do you want. You can do a white summer dress covered in blood with an ax, or maybe an expensive ball gown with an utter look of siuprise on the models face.

Hell. Go there with a few outfits and see which turns out best.

May 19 06 08:19 pm Link

Photographer

Chris Macan

HAVERTOWN, Pennsylvania, US

Nothing,
Just wear nothing and look innocent and vulnerable.
And shoot it in black and white.
It will be old school.

May 19 06 08:23 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

Oh Deanna you have opened up a can of worms on this one.....

May 19 06 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Cyberhawk Studios

Mount Vernon, Washington, US

If I was the photographer, I would say wear nothing because your just so smoking hot! big_smile
But seriously if you have enough light, a black trenchcoat and maybe a fedora would look really cool.

May 19 06 08:25 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

I guess Jorgen was right about what he said.....I don't know about this...I do like that idea though, trench coat...very cool

May 19 06 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

Michael Kirst

Los Angeles, California, US

You should make it different....Sure the overalls and stuff come to mind but what's the overall feeling you want to envoke for this shoot? Does the shoot revolve around a theme? I would say shooting an aged sepia tone while wearing tight black clothing and thigh high black lace-up boots. I would suggest the makeup to be on the heavy side as well as the hair. A bit of a gothic feel meets farmhouse. Of course a bit of partial nudity can never hurt either. If you decide to go color, I would keep it very low toned. Good luck and I hope this helps and make sure when you are looking into that camera you are conveying a message!!

May 19 06 08:31 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

It's not that creepy...it has tonnes of potential

May 19 06 08:35 pm Link

Photographer

Morbid Rockwell

Fresno, California, US

Michael Kirst wrote:
You should make it different....Sure the overalls and stuff come to mind but what's the overall feeling you want to envoke for this shoot? Does the shoot revolve around a theme? I would say shooting an aged sepia tone while wearing tight black clothing and thigh high black lace-up boots. I would suggest the makeup to be on the heavy side as well as the hair. A bit of a gothic feel meets farmhouse. Of course a bit of partial nudity can never hurt either. If you decide to go color, I would keep it very low toned. Good luck and I hope this helps and make sure when you are looking into that camera you are conveying a message!!

Basically what I was saying. It depends on what you want out of the pics.

But it seems most are going to say what I would shoot. You, in that loverly B-day suit. LOL

May 19 06 08:36 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

Maybe something ghostly perhaps? Long black or white gown and flowing translucent shawl. Maybe ask the photog to rent a smoke machine for added effects.  If you want to do something more risqué, then maybe get 3 or 4 yards of black lace fabric and wrap it around your nude body with dramatic side lighting.  If I were doing the shoot, I would have you bring a bunch or black and white things for contrast. Those kinds of setting look so cool under dramatic lighting. - Just some ideas smile

May 19 06 08:39 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

San Diego, California, US

Try doing the shoot in IR.

May 19 06 08:52 pm Link

Model

DeannaSB

Call me stupid...but what is IR???

May 19 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Benjamen McGuire

Portland, Oregon, US

Try vintage pajamas

May 19 06 09:14 pm Link

Model

Jay Dezelic

Seattle, Washington, US

DeannaSB wrote:

Search Infrared photography on google

May 19 06 09:17 pm Link

Photographer

David Birdsong

Pontiac, Michigan, US

DeannaSB wrote:

infrared

May 19 06 09:19 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

DeannaSB wrote:

Infrared.  For film it requires expensive, special film, for Digital, it requires a special expensive filter.

http://www.pbase.com/ziggers/image/49967592

This is an example of someone elses IR image. I have some, but they are not as good.

May 19 06 09:21 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

you can do this in Photoshop, just shoot raw and then you can do it

May 19 06 09:24 pm Link

Photographer

Mikel Featherston

David Connell wrote:

Of course you can.... but it's kind of cool to do things in the camera. You don't even need to shoot RAW.

May 19 06 09:25 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

Yeah, but raw gives you more control

May 19 06 09:39 pm Link

Photographer

SKPhoto

Newark, California, US

Be avant-garde...scuba gear.

May 19 06 10:24 pm Link

Photographer

Vintagevista

Sun City, California, US

Vintage white nightgown - in the empty rooms - about a size too big, for loose- off-the-shoulder shots.

Shot, so that you might have been just caught out of the corner of somebody's eye - and then when they looked back you were gone.

Find a vintage baby bassinet to lean over - and you'll have it made.

VintageV

May 20 06 12:58 am Link

Artist/Painter

jerantino

Kirkland, Washington, US

A gothic scarecrow? Definately a floppy straw hat and boots. A miner's cap and dwarf fruit-- -wait, that's another kind of shoot...

May 20 06 01:12 am Link

Photographer

Fade To Black

Baltimore, Maryland, US

David Connell wrote:

Shooting with an R72 filter versus PS time that gets you an end result that doesnt look like true IR irks me, but of course, it's up to the photog. Nothing can replace good camera technique.

May 20 06 09:00 am Link

Photographer

MMDesign

Louisville, Kentucky, US

Dress as a tattered old scarecrow that's been abandoned there.

May 20 06 09:07 am Link

Model

melaniesk

Well Deanna...yep....everyones got the creative juices flowing now!!! I cannot wait to see what our photogs come up with......

May 20 06 05:37 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

High Fashion. Call me crazy (and every photog thats agreed with me on this) High fashion dreopped in the middle of any dilapitated area shoots amazing. Or go for partial nudity. I wouldnt go all the way nude, to much necraphelia for me. But a corpse bride spoof could work.

May 20 06 06:17 pm Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

Ivy Bressler wrote:
High Fashion. Call me crazy (and every photog thats agreed with me on this) High fashion dreopped in the middle of any dilapitated area shoots amazing. Or go for partial nudity. I wouldnt go all the way nude, to much necraphelia for me. But a corpse bride spoof could work.

I agree with this 100%, really anything thats out of place

May 20 06 06:19 pm Link

Photographer

James Graham

Brooklyn, New York, US

You should wear whatever the person shooting it wants you to.
I know what I'd ask you to wear, but I'm not gonna be there...

May 20 06 06:24 pm Link

Model

DeannaSB

The photographer told me to bring whatever I wanted...If you were going to be there what would you ask me to wear...please keep in mind that I dont do nudes

May 20 06 06:33 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Just bring the entire Louis Vuitton Fall 06 ready to wear line.  It's nice.  You'll find something.

May 20 06 06:34 pm Link

Photographer

AZELESSAR

San Francisco, California, US

something with lots of lace...try the 2nd hand shops
also ..this might sound weird have the photog shoot you thru a screen door.

May 20 06 06:43 pm Link

Photographer

Kurt Schlatzer

Bug repellent.

May 20 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

All models should shoot nudes!!!!

May 21 06 08:54 pm Link

Photographer

Craig A McKenzie

Marine City, Michigan, US

Potato Sac...boots rope belt...mmmm...I could go on...

May 21 06 09:07 pm Link

Model

Ivy Jo

Amarillo, Texas, US

David Connell wrote:
All models should shoot nudes!!!!

Gotta disagree with that. I've known plenty of model who've been succesful without them. And if a model makes the choice to pursure a carrer based on talent rather than biology, more power to her.

I used to know a real pretty girl, real skinny girl. Horrible cheerleader though. But she looked great fuckin the football team. No one ever did respect her though. Kinda felt sorry for her.

May 21 06 10:26 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

David Connell wrote:
Yeah, but raw - gives you more control

Mmmmm THAT WAS EROTIC.
can i just quote this for any SITUATION???

;-)

May 22 06 01:47 am Link

Photographer

Pacific Beach Pictures

Love, Saskatchewan, Canada

A white frock dress, something that will look "ghostly" could be nice. Vintage clothes. Like a ghost lingering as the house decays. I shoot IR sometimes too, but it's challenging. Even conventional black and white with a red filter can look really neat for stuff like that.

May 22 06 01:54 am Link

Photographer

Bounddreams

Largo, Florida, US

Pacific Beach Pictures wrote:
A white frock dress, something that will look "ghostly" could be nice. Vintage clothes. Like a ghost lingering as the house decays. I shoot IR sometimes too, but it's challenging. Even conventional black and white with a red filter can look really neat for stuff like that.

Excellent suggestions! But may I add the always popular "Daisy Duke" look. Must include pantyhose with the shorts for that authentic "redneck look". They forgot that in the movie. Blasphemy! Trust me on this, I live in the middle of redneck country and, belive it or not, have seen this combination many times (lol).

May 22 06 12:28 pm Link

Photographer

David Connell

Pictures up from the Creepy Farmhouse...what do you think??  Or are you going to be a DBAW person....which means...drive by and wave

Jun 07 06 09:34 pm Link