Photographer

Julia Gerace

Monroe, Connecticut, US

Hey -

I don't think this qualifies as a want ad but if you need to change it, go ahead...

I'm doing a 8-10 person class on beauty and fashion photography with another photographer in South Dakota in August.  The host of the weekend swears that there aren't any models or makeup artists in this area...

O.k. - so, if I want an artist and a model, how do I go about finding one? 

thanks,

Julia

May 19 06 09:38 am Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

launch a search in the "Casting Calls" area ...

May 19 06 09:46 am Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

Julia Gerace wrote:
Hey -

I don't think this qualifies as a want ad but if you need to change it, go ahead...

I'm doing a 8-10 person class on beauty and fashion photography with another photographer in South Dakota in August.  The host of the weekend swears that there aren't any models or makeup artists in this area...

O.k. - so, if I want an artist and a model, how do I go about finding one? 

thanks,

Julia

What part of South Dakota? It's one HUGE state. If you're shooting on the eastern side, I would think you would have no problem -- you can draw from the Sioux Falls area, which will have at least a few models and MUA, and from Sioux City Iowa, which is just about an hour away. You may also find that there are models and MUA in Omaha, NE who are willing to drive up to work with you. Omaha's a pretty big, self-sufficient town, and people on the great plains are used to driving a bit to get things done.

I'm not as familiar with the western part of the state -- it's definitely sparsely populated and will be more of a challenge if that's where the class is. But even there, I'll bet you find what you need.

Regards,
Paul

May 19 06 09:52 am Link