Forums > General Industry > For Photographers

Model

Anthony Ciccarelli

Dallas, Texas, US

Alright guys and gals, be honest with this one just wondering what other's opinions are with this one, which do you prefer to shoot with male/female models, then who do you think is easier/more open to shoot with and why do you think that???

May 18 06 02:58 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Rivas Photo

Lancaster, California, US

Honestly, I perfer to photograph women because I enjoy seeing a beautiful woman in my images, but I am a professional and I'm in this to make money so I photograph anyone that is willing to pay my rates. I also offer TFCD to both because they both need my services and I need both in my portfolio. The way I think of it is that if I could use their image in my portfolio I would love to photograph them.

Danny

May 18 06 03:47 pm Link

Photographer

Taryn Lindsey

Columbus, Ohio, US

I prefer to photograph women. I feel more comfortable and I can put them in clothes and poses that I can't be!

May 18 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Michael J

Rustburg, Virginia, US

The Picture Place wrote:
Honestly, I perfer to photograph women because I enjoy seeing a beautiful woman in my images, but I am a professional and I'm in this to make money so I photograph anyone that is willing to pay my rates. I also offer TFCD to both because they both need my services and I need both in my portfolio. The way I think of it is that if I could use their image in my portfolio I would love to photograph them.

Danny

Couldn't have said it better!

May 18 06 03:52 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

I have to agree in that both male and female are needed in my portfolio.  That being said I think that men have a tendency to be more definitive as to whether or not they are going to show up and I think more open to trying new things.  At least for me so far (that being said a male model flaked for me yesterday).  A female model tends to be more creative and involved with the shoot.  Wide generalizations of course but only what I've experienced so far.  There's of course good and bad to both.  I really try to take it on a case by case basis as we're all individuals.  :-D

May 18 06 03:54 pm Link

Photographer

Analog Nomad

Pattaya, Central, Thailand

AnthonyCicc wrote:
Alright guys and gals, be honest with this one just wondering what other's opinions are with this one, which do you prefer to shoot with male/female models, then who do you think is easier/more open to shoot with and why do you think that???

Interestingly, when I'm shooting models, I prefer to shoot women. However, most of my paying work these days is musicians and politicians. Truthfully, I don't really care one way or the other for these folks-- I enjoy shooting both sexes about equally.

May 18 06 03:55 pm Link

Photographer

C Hansen Photography

Clarksville, Tennessee, US

Michael J wrote:

Couldn't have said it better!

I third this!!

May 18 06 04:04 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Rivas Photo

Lancaster, California, US

Also I see that you're a model and your work is great, just be as professional as you should be (be on time, return calls quickly and be prepared for the session). If you do this photographers will want you photograph you and refer you.

May 18 06 04:09 pm Link

Photographer

T H Taylor

Milwaukee, Wisconsin, US

Men (model shoots).
In and out in 1  1/2 hours tops in a 3 look shoot.
Women... In and out in about 3 hours.
Getting $400.00 / shoot
Earning much more per hour shooting men.

Prefer sleeping with women though (just in case you wondered!!)  wink

May 18 06 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Jay Bowman

Los Angeles, California, US

I like shooting both men and women.  Individually.  Couples.  Groups.  Doesn't matter to me at all...

May 18 06 04:33 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Chicks!

Because dudes stink tongue

May 18 06 04:37 pm Link