Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > fall makeup trends 2006

Makeup Artist

Chelsea Allen

Los Angeles, California, US

Hey my fellow artists.  I have an editorial shoot coming up next week and I have to utilize what I think will be the fall makeup trends this year for the beauty story.  I have a general idea of what I want to do but I thought I would get other artist's opinions.
So....what do you guys think it's gonna be this year?

Thanks so much for your input.

All the best,
Chelsea

May 18 06 12:01 am Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Miss Anthropy

Portland, Oregon, US

Look for photos of the fall fashion week shows which were held rather recently. find designers that you like the look of or are close in tone to the wardrobe that you'll be shooting. If you had access to a fashion/trend forecasting service...I did when I was in design school and I kick myself for not pimping it out more, you'll have more options than you can shake a stick at.

May 18 06 05:19 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Chelsea Allen

Thanks I appreciate ONE of your guys input.  What does it take to get anyone to respond on these threads?  I guess I have the wrong question......
Chelsea

May 19 06 12:00 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Chelsea Allen

Thanks I appreciate ONE of your guys input.  What does it take to get anyone to respond on these threads?  I guess I have the wrong question......
Chelsea

May 19 06 12:01 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Liz Dungate

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada

It isn't exactly make-up forecasting, but it is fashion colour palette forcasting from Pantone, which is the colour standard for colours for design/home/fashion. Should have some hints of what colours are big this fall.

http://www.pantone.com/articles/pdfs/Fa … l_2006.pdf

Cheers,
Liz

May 20 06 01:52 am Link

Makeup Artist

Rayrayrose

i dont think there are any make-up trends... thats probably why not a lot of artists responded to you. every week there is a new trend. as make-up artists we create the trends, so its anyones guess.

May 20 06 11:16 am Link