Forums > General Industry > TFP, no phone call??

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Ok, so what does it mean when the photog doesn't call you back?l This photographer approached me on MM about doing TFP. I spoke to her once and the phonecall went very well in my opinion, and I phoned the photog again to set up a meeting b/w her myself and my guardian which was her plan. That was yesterday and she hasn't called me back or written back to a message I sent her 3 days ago. When it comes to these types of things, I'm very Type A, I work on a schedule, I'm impatient and I call people right* away..So is it rude on the photographers part, or am I just taking TFP too seriously? The photog, approached me so I dunno....

This may have been done to death BUT, I at least did a search..I can't go through all 3000 so i went through the first two pages smile

I find it worth while to work with her so thats why I keep at it.

May 16 06 08:45 pm Link

Photographer

Samantha_Gatt

Brooklyn, New York, US

I would say call her again in two days or so. If she doesn't pick up, leave another message and end it there. If she doesn't contact you back, forget about it. Models do it, photographers do it, MUA's do it. I've had models say "call me" and I would call them on the day we spoke about, only to leave a message, and an email on MM saying "oh i'm sorry i missed you i'll call you tomorrow" and never hear from them again.

May 16 06 09:02 pm Link

Model

Angel Tara

Charlotte, North Carolina, US

Sometimes people are traveling, or really busy on a project. I have asked this question myself, but in the end, the photographer was just swamped. I know it seems like a long time but for someone who may be immersed in the middle of a project, it is not.

Try to give it some time...

smile

May 16 06 09:03 pm Link

Photographer

Samantha_Gatt

Brooklyn, New York, US

Angel Tara wrote:
I know it seems like a long time but for someone who may be immersed in the middle of a project, it is not.
Try to give it some time...

I would agree, but I think it's only fair for WHOEVER to say "hey, i've been really busy lately so it may take me a few days to get back to you"

May 16 06 09:08 pm Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Yup, thanks you both! I'll give it a few more days..patience is a virtue ;/

P.S-_Negatives I sent you a PM!

Thanks again smile

May 16 06 09:22 pm Link

Model

NC17

Baltimore, Maryland, US

I try REALLY hard to give people the benefit of the doubt, particularly since I know my own schedule can be really nutty. Maybe she's out of town, sick, in the middle of another project, etc etc etc. The reasons could go on, and all of them can be valid at some point.

Until you know for sure that she's blowing you off, try to be patient.

Its definately something that I have to work on every day.

May 17 06 08:10 am Link

Model

Electra T

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Well! Patience pays off! The photog called me back..She was busy!

May 17 06 05:25 pm Link

Photographer

Daniel Rivas Photo

Lancaster, California, US

Electra T wrote:
Ok, so what does it mean when the photog doesn't call you back?l This photographer approached me on MM about doing TFP. I spoke to her once and the phonecall went very well in my opinion, and I phoned the photog again to set up a meeting b/w her myself and my guardian which was her plan. That was yesterday and she hasn't called me back or written back to a message I sent her 3 days ago. When it comes to these types of things, I'm very Type A, I work on a schedule, I'm impatient and I call people right* away..So is it rude on the photographers part, or am I just taking TFP too seriously? The photog, approached me so I dunno....

This may have been done to death BUT, I at least did a search..I can't go through all 3000 so i went through the first two pages smile

I find it worth while to work with her so thats why I keep at it.

I feel the same as you, but I guess we need to be a little patient for those that are busy. If we could seperate those that just aren't serious and pass on them that would be great. Just keep contacting a lot of people, its a numbers game.

May 18 06 04:51 pm Link

Model

Amanda Padilla

New York, New York, US

Yeah give her a call again, if she does not get to you.  just leave it alone
dont go bugging her.

but there could be many reason why she has not wrote u back or called.

May 18 06 04:56 pm Link

Photographer

Bryce Productions

Dallas, Texas, US

Dont assume, some people take vacations or go out of town a lot like me.  But I dont make it everyones business to tell them I am going somewhere.  Be patient because in this industry patience its required.

May 18 06 05:01 pm Link