Forums > General Industry > Supermodels of the Century..Who's the BEST!?!?!?

Photographer

Brad Starks

New York, New York, US

Imagine a graduating class in which ever member was voted Best Smile, Most Likely to book a job at 10,000 dollars or more , or "Most Likely To Beat Their Personal Assistent Loopy With A Cell Phone!!" 

(Hahahaha! Just kidding Naomi, dont come for me! Please!!)

Of this list who do you like the most and why? Who workds the camera the best? Who makes the most of the runway? Who's changed their look the most and for the better? Who shoots the best editorial of the bunch?
Who's got the best body? Who's made the best business moves to make the most money?

Linda Evangelista

Naomi Campbell

Christy Turlington

Stephanie Seymour

Cindy Crawford

Amber Valletta

Helena Christen

Tatjana Patitz

Isabella Rossellini

Nikki Taylor

What do you think...Let's hear it.......

May 16 06 05:40 pm Link

Model

Emil Dostovic

Jacksonville, Alabama, US

Cindy.. she is just amazing .. and hot as hell:)

May 16 06 05:43 pm Link

Photographer

Luther

Arlington, Virginia, US

this centry or last one?

May 16 06 05:46 pm Link

Photographer

R. Olson (RO)

Seattle, Washington, US

William Hung tongue

May 16 06 05:48 pm Link

Model

Naureen

Astoria, Illinois, US

i liked Gia Carangi.... i think she had an awsome look!!! short life but awsome look... "something different"....

May 16 06 05:56 pm Link

Model

Angelus

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Maybe not the best of the best supermodels.
But, certainly my favorite...

Rebecca Romijn (Ramon)

May 16 06 06:01 pm Link

Photographer

Olaf S

Allentown, Pennsylvania, US

Brad Starks wrote:
Imagine a graduating class in which ever member was voted Best Smile, Most Likely to book a job at 10,000 dollars or more , or "Most Likely To Beat Their Personal Assistent Loopy With A Cell Phone!!" 

(Hahahaha! Just kidding Naomi, dont come for me! Please!!)

Of this list who do you like the most and why? Who workds the camera the best? Who makes the most of the runway? Who's changed their look the most and for the better? Who shoots the best editorial of the bunch?
Who's got the best body? Who's made the best business moves to make the most money?

Linda Evangelista

Naomi Campbell

Christy Turlington

Stephine Seymour

Cindy Crawford

Amber Valleta

Helena Christen

Tatjana Patitiz

Isabella Rossellini

Nikki Taylor

What do you think...Let's hear it.......

Not my faves, but worthy of being on the list...Elle Macpherson, Claudia Schiffer, Eva Herzigova, Kate Moss,  and Tyra Banks.

My faves?  Probably Shalom Harlow and Laetitia Casta

BTW, you might want to check your spelling on some of those names!

May 16 06 06:11 pm Link

Photographer

Brad Starks

New York, New York, US

Luther wrote:
this centry or last one?

This one or if you know of another add them to the list.

Carmen, Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton, Iman, Dalma, Maureen Gallagher......These were great ones too..

May 16 06 06:46 pm Link

Photographer

Brad Starks

New York, New York, US

Olaf S wrote:

Not my faves, but worthy of being on the list...Elle Macpherson, Claudia Schiffer, Eva Herzigova, Kate Moss,  and Tyra Banks.

My faves?  Probably Shalom Harlow and Laetitia Casta

BTW, you might want to check your spelling on some of those names!

Yikes ! Sorry about the spelling.

May 16 06 06:49 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

Z D E S I G N S

Sarasota, Florida, US

Angie Everhart, hands down. I don't think she gets enough credit.

May 16 06 06:50 pm Link

Photographer

Olaf S

Brad Starks wrote:

This one or if you know of another add them to the list.

Carmen, Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton, Iman, Dalma, Maureen Gallagher......These were great ones too..

Jean Shrimpton!  Oh man...how could I forget her?  The shot of her that David Bailey took in the hallway of his house is one of my all time fave images.  Nice one.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsite … id=im00021

Remember..this was taken in 1961!!

May 16 06 09:27 pm Link

Photographer

A J Kahn

Ann Arbor, Michigan, US

From the list, I always liked Cindy the best.  They are all so beautiful though.

May 16 06 09:35 pm Link

Model

PlusModelNikki

Pontiac, Michigan, US

I personally love Cristal Renn big_smile

May 16 06 09:44 pm Link

Wardrobe Stylist

KiwiBikinis

Phoenix, Arizona, US

Elle MacPherson
Milla Jovovich
Angelina Jolie (though technically an actress)

May 16 06 10:40 pm Link

Model

ANNABELLA

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Though most would scoff I always admired Janice Dickinson-her look was so different when she stepped into the modeling scene

May 17 06 12:29 am Link

Photographer

Brad Starks

New York, New York, US

Olaf S wrote:

Jean Shrimpton!  Oh man...how could I forget her?  The shot of her that David Bailey took in the hallway of his house is one of my all time fave images.  Nice one.

http://www.vam.ac.uk/vastatic/microsite … id=im00021

Remember..this was taken in 1961!!

Wow!

She looks amazing!!! I was lucky enough to have met one of David Bailey's assistents a few years back while he was working on the "Models:Unedited & Closeup" He showed me some AMAZING shots Bailey did of Angelica Houston!!! She was awesome looking!!!!

May 17 06 03:59 pm Link

Photographer

Brad Starks

New York, New York, US

AJ Bella wrote:
Though most would scoff I always admired Janice Dickinson-her look was so different when she stepped into the modeling scene

Youre right about that AJ.

Janice Dickinson and also I would say Gia are important as well. They were both good models in there day and both are evidence of what can happen to anyone that runs a bit wild with resulting fame in this industry.

May 17 06 04:02 pm Link

Model

KatieK

Lawrence, Kansas, US

Linda Evangelista was my IDOL in the 90s.  The "Freedom" video with George Michael.....WOW!  If I could pic anyone to look like, she would be IT!  Makes me want to dye my hair red again. Then platinum blonde, then brunette......smile

May 17 06 04:49 pm Link

Model

Vera van Munster

Belmont, North Carolina, US

Iman!
I absolutely adore the woman.Gorgeous body and face.

May 17 06 04:50 pm Link

Photographer

Olaf S

Brad Starks wrote:

Wow!

She looks amazing!!! I was lucky enough to have met one of David Bailey's assistents a few years back while he was working on the "Models:Unedited & Closeup" He showed me some AMAZING shots Bailey did of Angelica Houston!!! She was awesome looking!!!!

That is WAY cool.  David Bailey is one of the main reasons I started shooting...

May 17 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

Rick Edwards

Wilmington, Delaware, US

I'm on the list to get a copy of the handmade Bailey/Rankin book.  I've been waiting 2 years and now I'm debating whether to pay the approximately $700 to get a book that is essentially close-ups of female genitalia.  the cool thing is I get a print from each of the artists, the weird thing is having a book of crotch close-ups...hmmm? what to do

May 17 06 08:50 pm Link

Photographer

Brad Starks

New York, New York, US

Rick Edwards wrote:
I'm on the list to get a copy of the handmade Bailey/Rankin book.  I've been waiting 2 years and now I'm debating whether to pay the approximately $700 to get a book that is essentially close-ups of female genitalia.  the cool thing is I get a print from each of the artists, the weird thing is having a book of crotch close-ups...hmmm? what to do

As strange as the subject matter is, you might want to buy that as a collectors item and resell it in another 8 years or so. The subject matter is out there but but when you consider what some of the other strange books that are out there like Joel Peter Witkin takes photos of body parts and sells 30 x 40 prints at $1,500 to $6,000 bucks. Have you seen the Terry Richardson book?

May 17 06 10:38 pm Link