Forums > General Industry > I know I know a repeated question...

Model

Ami S

Maysville, Georgia, US

Kick me now if you must...lol

I know this has been no doubt asked a million times, but after reading so many forums searching for it my eyes are in danger of being crossed... wonder if I could get a job as a siamese cat???

How would I go about finding listings, information, etc about if a photographer or agent is legit and licensing information if they have any?

Even when people give you references you know they are never going to give you any that they know are not going to be bright and shining. So I would like to be able to find some legal information when needed.

Thanks smile

May 15 06 08:11 am Link

Photographer

Tog

Birmingham, Alabama, US

If they're coming from an agency, I would imagine the agency has a reputation to protect and keeps some tabs on whether a photog has caused any bad experiences for clients..

Freelance, or amatuer (raises hand)..  You're pretty much on your own..  Short of offering you the names of people I've worked with..  I'm not even sure what else one could offer as proof..  And, yeah, I have to imagine everyone cherry picks their references..

Hopefully someone will swoop in to correct me if I'm wrong..

May 15 06 09:20 am Link

Photographer

john knight

Farmington, New Mexico, US

Ami, I would say check then out by talking to models they have worked with in the past......and if they dont link to the models they have worked with ask the photog for contact information and references....if a photog has nothing to hide then he will hide nothing

john

May 15 06 09:31 am Link