Forums > General Industry > Is there a market for short and ethnic?

Model

Taryn Lee

Flint, Michigan, US

hi
i am new to modeling. Before i spend any more time and money on my modeling hobby, I would really appreciate some feedback. I am 5'0" and 110 lbs and asian and want to do like glamour type modeling. But from what i have read there is no work for people like me. I am NOT an idiot, i am not trying to get into fashion or anything like that. I know that there are Asian girls who do print work and stuff for liek car import magazines and maxim/playboy kinda work. Am i too short even for that? thanks

May 14 06 08:24 pm Link

Photographer

Foto di Giacomo

Las Cruces, New Mexico, US

I would love to do a shoot with you.  My model wife is 4-11 and she is a terrific model you look great also.  To bad you are almost on the other side of the country
Jim

May 14 06 08:27 pm Link

Photographer

StevenNoreyko

Austin, Texas, US

Realistically you might be able to do some promotional modeling... You should be able to find something in your area around the big auto-shows.. no idea how they cast those though.

If you are interested in doing something other than glamour (which is a very small market segment) - there's a pretty high demand for Ethnic lifestyle stock photography... you just need to find the photographers doing that work.

-steve

May 15 06 03:00 am Link

Photographer

Thom Bourgois

Tucson, Arizona, US

This industry is like any other industry in that, to get ahead, one must be aggressive.  One of my favorite models is Darkdesire (MM 774).  Stephie is also 5.0.  She is a busy model because she marketed herself to photographers and other model users in Arizona.  Then there is Jen Amber (MM 131329).  I photographed Jen early in her career.  She’s now an “in demandâ€? model working coast to coast simply because she marketed herself.  Oh, yes, both these girls and other successful models are super professional in their work ethics…beginning with attitude.

May 15 06 03:19 am Link

Photographer

Torrence Williams

Dallas, Texas, US

Taryn Lee wrote:
hi
i am new to modeling. Before i spend any more time and money on my modeling hobby, I would really appreciate some feedback. I am 5'0" and 110 lbs and asian and want to do like glamour type modeling. But from what i have read there is no work for people like me. I am NOT an idiot, i am not trying to get into fashion or anything like that. I know that there are Asian girls who do print work and stuff for liek car import magazines and maxim/playboy kinda work. Am i too short even for that? thanks

Nah I have a few model friends that are short. One of which who is 4"11 and she was on the cover of a natinal publication.  Is was Black Men' sMagazine.. Butr there are plenty of other Ethnic publications that would feature a shorter model like your self.  SO YES, THERE IS A MARKET

May 15 06 03:31 am Link

Photographer

Dr Molly Black

Cleveland, Ohio, US

Well, if you ever wanted to get into rated-R type modeling I know I would shoot you in a heart-beat (that's topless, but no spread type styling). You're pretty and I think you should do well.

I'm adding you to my friends list, btw. You're attractive and I would shoot you in a heart beat. Heck I would probably even do a TFP (and I don't do TFP with women anymore due to my schedule being overwhelming).

-- Molly

May 15 06 11:31 am Link