Forums > General Industry > Was there a nudity bandit?

Model

luv2bfitt

Merrimack, New Hampshire, US

I recently posed a similar question, Here are some the responses:

https://modelmayhem.com/posts.php?thread_id=45913

May 16 06 01:34 pm Link

Photographer

Habenero Photography

Mesa, Arizona, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
The work you have on there now is awesome. Nothing sleazy about it.
I wish those bible-thumpers would stay in churchinstead of getting online to bother the rest of the real world.

Of course if they were serious bible thumpers, they would have to wash their eyes with lye to atone for viewing the decadent shots.  One can hope thats the case anyway!

May 16 06 02:53 pm Link

Model

Claire Elizabeth

Exton, Pennsylvania, US

Not that I know of. I still love doing nude. Maybe I missed something? Wouldn't be the first time lol.

May 16 06 03:00 pm Link

Photographer

Christopher Hartman

Buena Park, California, US

Claire Elizabeth wrote:
Not that I know of. I still love doing nude. Maybe I missed something? Wouldn't be the first time lol.

Have you seen my camera? big_smile

May 16 06 03:06 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

DigitalCMH wrote:

Have you seen my camera? big_smile

...i think it went into this cheap motel room? big_smile

May 16 06 03:09 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

Ami S wrote:
I have stated clearly that I have and will do nudes depending on the situation...

But I am going to be removing the nude work I have done after having been told by one of the photographers here on MM that my nudes... well basically my entire collection of pictures look like "internet sleaze" and that my chance at a career is ruined by the work I have done.

Lovely people and compliments such as that might be among the reasons for people being less willing to do nudes...

Ami,
Surely you don't listen to the that crap.  Your stuff is far from "sleaze".  You have worked with good photographers also.  If people don't hire you because you shoot nudes or others styles that is their problem.

I myself do keep the risque topless or nude pictures to certain sites though.  I don't refer people to those images unless I thank they are smart enought to know that I can photography what they need with out judging them.

peace
john

May 16 06 03:10 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

Chili wrote:
well

as i expounded in several threads, unless the model likes doing nudes (some people like to wrestle alligators, some poeple like to pose nude), and is into doing nudes, or is doing nudes merely to make a few bucks, or thinks she has a future in adult material, whats the point of doing nudes with the caliper (i always liked that word, and so rarely do i get to use it in a sentence, and it makes me feel like Dr Evil) of MM photographers

cal·i·per or cal·li·per (kl-pr)
n.

An instrument consisting essentially of two curved hinged legs, used to measure thickness and distances.

Chili wrote:
there are very very few MM photographers that are going to give them awesome, (i'd pay hard money to own that photograph) images.

so whats the point of having anything less than that in your portfolio if you are a model? with the exception of the several reasons i just noted

lets face it, 95% of the MM photogs shooting nudes (or trying to shoot nudes, of any genre) are not bob coulter, et al

Perhap you are right but part of sites like MM is getting to work with others, and improve the skills, portfolios etc....  Most the models are not Monroe, Klum, etc....  but there are very many lovely models, both experienced and beginners. 

With your logic most of us probably shouldn't work with each other if at all.

peace
john

May 16 06 03:23 pm Link

Photographer

Chili

Brooklyn, New York, US

John W Cochran wrote:
cal·i·per or cal·li·per (kl-pr)
n.

An instrument consisting essentially of two curved hinged legs, used to measure thickness and distances.

Perhap you are right but part of sites like MM is getting to work with others, and improve the skills, portfolios etc....  Most the models are not Monroe, Klum, etc....  but there are very many lovely models, both experienced and beginners. 

With your logic most of us probably shouldn't work with each other if at all.

peace
john

yes i know, caliber, same difference to Dr Evil, i was making some kind of joke

by my logic:

an experienced model has NOTHING to gain/learn/improve skills/etc by posing nude with an inexperienced photog, or a photog that consistently cant produce a decent image, (nude or otherwise) unless he is paying her, or he happens to be a good friend of George Clooney..

a beginner model has NOTHING to gain/learn/improve skills/etc by posing nude with an inexperienced photog, or a photog that consistently cant produce a decent image, (nude or otherwise) unless he is paying her, or he happens to be a good friend of George Clooney.

there is nothing worst than wasting time with someone who isnt going to be able to do 'anything' for her, especially if a model is trying to balance a day job and modeling career and school

not to sound cynical, but making new 'friends' is really over rated

May 16 06 04:30 pm Link

Photographer

Adam Chilson

Hesperia, California, US

One of the few threads I actually spent the time to read. . . noiticed the trend myself.

I actually appreciate models who are up front about the "No Nudity" thing on their profile description---that way neither of us ends up wasting each other's time and there's no misunderstanding. In fact, if I go through a model's portfolio and don't see some level of nudity, I don't even bother contacting them. I'm not out to push someone into doing anything they aren't comfortable with. Either they're down with nudes, or not. Respect.

I shoot nudes. I'm very clear about it. If models want to work with me, fantastic. If not, no hard feelings. There will always be models who enjoy shooting nude works. I will always work with models willing to shoot nudes over those who don't, even if the project doesn't involve nudity.

May 16 06 04:51 pm Link

Photographer

John W Cochran

Auburn, Alabama, US

Chili wrote:
yes i know, caliber, same difference to Dr Evil, i was making some kind of joke

by my logic:

an experienced model has NOTHING to gain/learn/improve skills/etc by posing nude with an inexperienced photog, or a photog that consistently cant produce a decent image, (nude or otherwise) unless he is paying her, or he happens to be a good friend of George Clooney..

a beginner model has NOTHING to gain/learn/improve skills/etc by posing nude with an inexperienced photog, or a photog that consistently cant produce a decent image, (nude or otherwise) unless he is paying her, or he happens to be a good friend of George Clooney.

there is nothing worst than wasting time with someone who isnt going to be able to do 'anything' for her, especially if a model is trying to balance a day job and modeling career and school

not to sound cynical, but making new 'friends' is really over rated

I agree with you in a sense, but if people are only out for what they can gain, and not for what they can bring to a project then the concept of art etc.... get screwed up IMHO. 

I could ramble on about people sharing and working together to elevate each other, but it would be a waste of my time, and I need to get back to picking images from my shoot today.

peace

May 16 06 05:18 pm Link

Photographer

One Eye Blind

San Martin, California, US

Ami S wrote:
I have stated clearly that I have and will do nudes depending on the situation...

But I am going to be removing the nude work I have done after having been told by one of the photographers here on MM that my nudes... well basically my entire collection of pictures look like "internet sleaze" and that my chance at a career is ruined by the work I have done.

Lovely people and compliments such as that might be among the reasons for people being less willing to do nudes...

WOW, whoever said that must have been on the wrong combination of drugs. I've said it before and I will say it again ... I think you have an absolutely lovely portfolio. It would be a shame to change it. But!, alas,  that's only my opinion...

May 16 06 05:29 pm Link

Photographer

SLE Photography

Orlando, Florida, US

Anjel Britt wrote:
shes GORGEOUS and i wish her all the luck but the style that she has up, some still IS definatly sleazy - imho
its may be common to pose that way but it's very OTT GLAM Blatent sex-y and thats maybe what drew the remarks
its NOT that is nude - its the poses, expressions, so if thats what she wants to avoid then look to shoot with more artistic or fashion type style
She no doubt could do anything at all with advice from other styles of shooters maybe

Overly done stereotyped glamour/Playboy poses aren't really SLEAZY
Just not great POSES
I agree she could use some better variety smile
The only one that comes close to sleazy is the butt shot tho

May 16 06 11:13 pm Link

Photographer

MannyDesalamanca

Orlando, Florida, US

Darque ..... Start shooting more nudes and stop complaining ..... Women realize that they have a gorgeous body and a professional photographer will make them look like a dream come true..... A model shoots with a blanket, next shoots Pretending to take the bathing suit off, or showing a thong, the next shoot with handcuffs, the next topless, and finally butt naked, It's fun and If you work with professionals it could become lucrative and even more fun creating bad ASS images ........ The human body was made to reproduce and attract others, I shoot nudes and believe it or not I never got a single woody, why because I have 1 (one) intention and that's making the best Images possible, Woody or No Woody  ........

Manny D.

May 16 06 11:24 pm Link

Photographer

Kentsoul

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

Darque wrote:
I was looking at various ports and I'm noticing a growing trend among some models and "models" about shunning nudity and implied nudity.  Now yes I know not everyone is looking to do nudes and I know that there are pervs out there but as some who does tasteful (at least I think so) nudes I am finding it harder to find models to work with.

So was there this massive scandal that went on while I was sleeping?

Darque

You can't find nude models in New York?

Come on now.

May 17 06 09:04 am Link