Forums > Hair, Makeup & Styling > What would be perfect for smoothing/covering scars

Model

Joycelynn K

Detroit, Michigan, US

When I was younger, I got into an accident which resulted in my face being scarred under my nose... You can kinda see it here

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060513/21/ … 84656f.jpg

I would like to know what products can I apply to cover them up without the makeup looking caked on?

May 14 06 04:23 pm Link

Model

Little Miss Lady

Los Angeles, California, US

Bare Minerals

May 14 06 04:39 pm Link

Makeup Artist

Picture Perfect Makeup

Hesperia, California, US

Joycelynn K wrote:
When I was younger, I got into an accident which resulted in my face being scarred under my nose... You can kinda see it here

https://img4.modelmayhem.com/060513/21/ … 84656f.jpg

I would like to know what products can I apply to cover them up without the makeup looking caked on?

I really can't see very well what type of scaring it is. The Dermaceal by Joe Blasco is great for covering a lot of different things, it has 85% pigment and a good coverage. Tattoo cover is also good for filling in and smoothing out. 

I use either Joe Blasco pre-base (clear filler) or MAC foundation primer to fill in the large pores to keep the makeup from settling inside. Then use the foundation.

May 15 06 01:58 pm Link

Makeup Artist

MP Make-up Artistry

Prince George, British Columbia, Canada

ok so an older scar will be much more difficult to get rid of. if you had rubbed vit. E on it when it was new you probably wouldnt have much of a scar, but becasue its old I am not sure of any products that will remove it, some people might say mederma but this is more for new scars.
Make-up wise try ben nye's cover fx, I have used this product to cover tattoo's and I once coved a scar on a leg with this product, but I cant really see the scar from the link you have included. It's on your face so you see it more than any one. I understand complactly, I have some neve dammage in my face so when i smie my smile is a little unsymmetrical. but its alot better than it was smile
The easierst way to "cover it up" is to photo shop it out. I know that there are lots of procust out there, but the worst thin you can do is over make-up it. dont fill in the area, try not to hightlight it. and angel your face in differnt manners.
I personally like things like scars and things that make you unique. smile heck Cindy Crawford has a big ol mole on her face and everyone thinks she beautiful smile.... Mandy of Deadly Design Make-up Artistry

May 15 06 02:34 pm Link

Photographer

Cassandra Panek

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, US

i had an ick scar on my stomach from a navel piercing gone wrong, and i've been using mederma on it religiously... i was really skeptical about spending 16 bucks on a tube of something i wasn't positive would work, especially since the website only said useless things like, "pleasant fragrance!" but i've been using it for about a month now, and there's been a VISIBLE reduction in the amount of discoloration i can see... i wish i took 'before' pictures... sad

granted, my scar is only about 6 months old, but if you treat it religiously, it might work for you too. and really what have you got to lose?

May 15 06 03:11 pm Link

Model

Yamiley

Lansing, Illinois, US

Dermablend is my cover up of choice. You can use it as light or as heavy as desired. If the scar is uneven you can camouflage it with Dermablend and pose different ways, photshot the rest etc. You can purchase it at Ulta, or Sephora.

May 16 06 11:14 am Link

Model

Joycelynn K

Detroit, Michigan, US

Thanks everybody for responding...I really appreciate it!

May 16 06 06:17 pm Link