Forums > General Industry > Comments Give n Take

Photographer

Brian Hillburn

Las Vegas, Nevada, US

You ever wonder why some of the folks who spend the most time on forum asking for comments, are some of the worst for returning them? Just my observation. Discuss amongst yourselves...

May 14 06 01:38 pm Link

Model

Rachel Dashae

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, US

It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

It's the internet. You can never take the internet seriously!

May 14 06 01:50 pm Link

Photographer

Brian Diaz

Danbury, Connecticut, US

Yumemiru wrote:
It shouldn't be that big of a deal.

It's the internet. You can never take the internet seriously!

I think you're awesome.

But you may not want to take that seriously.  tongue

May 14 06 01:54 pm Link

Model

A BRITT PRO-AM

CARDIFF BY THE SEA, California, US

i leave lots....

but only started asking last week
as i notice no on else does any more!!

May 14 06 01:56 pm Link

Model

Becka Noel

Canaries, Canaries, Saint Lucia

Brian Hillburn wrote:
You ever wonder why some of the folks who spend the most time on forum asking for comments, are some of the worst for returning them? Just my observation. Discuss amongst yourselves...

Hahaha!  Many are just comment whores, thats why!  I don't feel like asking for a comment would improve me in any way.  The comment would only be there because I TOLD people to make it.  A comment means much more if someone does it on their own, because they actually liked or didn't like your work so much that they felt compelled to leave a comment.  Thats just my two cents.

-Becka

May 14 06 02:02 pm Link

Photographer

Ryan Colford Studios

Brooklyn, New York, US

Becka, that's a great way to look at comments.  I may have to think about that some more.  :-D

May 14 06 02:05 pm Link

Model

Nemi

Jamaica, New York, US

I don't expect people that I leave comments for to answer and I hope they don't take it personally when I don't reply to theirs.

I leave a comment because I see something that catches my eye. I would hope others do the same. If I get a comment that is JUST because I left one, it feels fake.

May 14 06 02:07 pm Link

Model

K-A

Healdsburg, California, US

Rebecka wrote:
Hahaha!  Many are just comment whores, thats why!  I don't feel like asking for a comment would improve me in any way.  The comment would only be there because I TOLD people to make it.  A comment means much more if someone does it on their own, because they actually liked or didn't like your work so much that they felt compelled to leave a comment.  Thats just my two cents.

-Becka

I totally agree with the above, however,  one can't just sit idly and hope to network by doing nothing.  I leave comments if I truly mean them, if people like my work, fine; if not, that's fine too.

May 14 06 02:08 pm Link