Forums > General Industry > Not what I am looking for

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

Now this person was very polite, but I wonder if they have looked at my port before we started IMing each other on working together. This was from an MUA after we tagged back and forth and I contacted her for a deconstructionalist TFCD shoot.

"hi star,

thanks for considering me, but unfortunately the models don't have the look or the build that i need for my book. good luck and hope we can work together on another project. "

Now, I am not frustrated, angry or annoyed. But I am a bit confused. Much of my book is "alternative" photography with "alternative" models. This month I am shooting a kabuki set up, a deconstructionalist set up, a fantasy beauty, and 1960's mod. All of them have a variety of different styles. I try to pair up mua's with models that I think they can work with.

When setting up several shoots at once do you ever have people get upset as to what you think they would be good for?

Now again, she wasn't upset. And I am perfectly cool to keep looking. I shoot alternative models, that is something I do. Just confused as to why someone would... hard to explain,

I am feeling confused, not angry or dissapointed.

Star

May 12 06 05:34 pm Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

i've had this type of experience myself. sometimes I think people just don't look closely enough.
I'm obviously a size 10 or 12 and I had a lady try to book me for a NASCAR event and when I got the models requirements, she told me the largest size I could be was a 7. I was very confused also. She obviously hads to look at my portfolio and stats before she emailed me the assignment!

May 12 06 05:57 pm Link

Photographer

Alluring Exposures

Casa Grande, Arizona, US

If all the girls at NASCAR looked like you, I'd have to start going to the races!!!

dee740 wrote:
i've had this type of experience myself. sometimes I think people just don't look closely enough.
I'm obviously a size 10 or 12 and I had a lady try to book me for a NASCAR event and when I got the models requirements, she told me the largest size I could be was a 7. I was very confused also. She obviously hads to look at my portfolio and stats before she emailed me the assignment!

May 12 06 06:24 pm Link

Model

Dara_w

Atlanta, Georgia, US

Carlos Arturo Velarde wrote:
If all the girls at NASCAR looked like you, I'd have to start going to the races!!!

thanks for the compliment

May 12 06 06:42 pm Link

Photographer

Vector 38

Austin, Texas, US

Star wrote:
contacted her for a deconstructionalist TFCD shoot.

uh, for those of us for whom English isn't the first language, what do you mean by "deconstructionalist"? is that standard photography vocabulary? don't recall seeing it ...

fml

May 12 06 06:44 pm Link

Photographer

Star

Los Angeles, California, US

FML-Photography wrote:

uh, for those of us for whom English isn't the first language, what do you mean by "deconstructionalist"? is that standard photography vocabulary? don't recall seeing it ...

fml

It is an art movement, I call it unmade clothing if that helps

Star

May 12 06 08:14 pm Link