Forums > General Industry > Is this a for real agency?

Model

TYMESHA

Carson, California, US

hey has anyone heard of mgi agency or mgi management? I was just wondering because I talked to the guy and his assistant sent me an email but I just don't want to hop on something I haven't heard about. This story is what made me suspicious and this is the mail that a model sent to me from mm.

Subject: Magazine shoot
Ms Lady Luck
05/09/06 4:35 PM
Hi my name is Pam AKA Ms. Lady Luck from St. Louis and I just came across your page here on MM. I had an upcoming shoot for Smooth Magazine in New York that my agent got for me but I cannot make it due to being booked in London. He asked me to find a possible replacement to go in my stead and I think you would be great. Anyway, if your interested just give him a call at (I ERASED THE NUMBER) about arranging a meeting at Smooth for you. His name is Lexx and the agency is mgi - www.mgi-nyc.com. If you can do it I would really appriciate it!

Pam

May 10 06 07:36 pm Link

Photographer

Brewer35MM

Biddeford, Maine, US

MGI? No I have not heard of.
IMG. Yes I have heard of.

May 10 06 07:40 pm Link

Photographer

Hoodlum

Sacramento, California, US

It would probably kill ya to give us a location, website or contact info wouldn't it.

Also posting it in the site related forum is the wrong forum. This forum is for MM issues.I will move it to the GM  forum.

What you want is either the General Mayhem Forum, or the Model Maters Forum.

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/0803/danhood/modelmayhem/info-link.gif

May 10 06 07:46 pm Link

Photographer

Mikell

San Francisco, California, US

May 10 06 07:48 pm Link

Photographer

DANACOLE

Oslo, Oslo, Norway

scam agency

May 10 06 08:16 pm Link

Photographer

Nick Ryder

Walnut Creek, California, US

It's bogus...

First, Smooth does everything in house, they are not going to depend on an outside agency to "find the a model to go to London" or whatever ... it's not the way the game is played.

You can verify this with ;  Sean Cummings at;  [email protected]  he was the editor for Smooth until just recently, his new magazine will be coming out in the next month or so.

If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to assist you.

Run, Forest, Run !

Nick Ryder

May 10 06 08:24 pm Link

Model

Ieshah Williams

Brooklyn, Indiana, US

Actually I am a model for them and I can say that they are legit so far. I have done a few assignments for them and I just recently shot with KING Magazine and Smooth. The other stuff I have done I did get paid for and haven't had any problems yet.

May 10 06 08:36 pm Link

Model

TYMESHA

Carson, California, US

Ieshah Williams wrote:
Actually I am a model for them and I can say that they are legit so far. I have done a few assignments for them and I just recently shot with KING Magazine and Smooth. The other stuff I have done I did get paid for and haven't had any problems yet.

WELL UNFORTUNATELY I'M GETTING BAD VIBES. MAYBE THEY KNOW YOU PERSONALLY.

May 10 06 09:04 pm Link