Forums > General Industry > New Verification Website

Photographer

David Diptych

Dunellen, New Jersey, US

Hey guys.

I'm putting together a website that would let people check the credibility of models, photographers, and others in the industry. It would serve as another avenue for people doing reference checks on people before working with them.

Right now, I'm looking for people that might be interested in helping out with the site, either as beta testers or as future moderators. Send me a message if it piques your interest.

David

May 10 06 12:35 pm Link

Photographer

Glamour Boulevard

Sacramento, California, US

Wow, you must have a REALLY good attorney on retainer. How much did THAT cost?

May 10 06 12:36 pm Link

Photographer

Sophistocles

Seattle, Washington, US

There have been three attempts at this in the past five years. Only one appears to still be online, and gets a message every few months, at best, as far as I can tell.

It's your time to waste, I suppose.

May 10 06 12:38 pm Link

Photographer

C R Photography

Pleasanton, California, US

Kudos to your idea and huge nads.

That'll take a shit load of liability big_smile

May 10 06 12:41 pm Link

Photographer

udor

New York, New York, US

Photopiece Productions wrote:
I'm putting together a website that would let people check the credibility of models, photographers, and others in the industry. It would serve as another avenue for people doing reference checks on people before working with them.

Good luck!

Seriously... you will need a ton of luck and hope for accurate "reporting".

Reputations are destroyed easily, there are always two sides to a coin/story!

As a moderator of MM, I can tell you that we receive a tremendeous amount of complaints and accusations, just to find out after investigating that there was either a misunderstanding, miscommunication or, as we had it in several cases, a complaint filed by another photographer who is competing in the same market, or a fake profile tries to hurt another competitor etc.

Or pre-MM internet feuds between "colleagues" are spilling over into MM...

This is the reason we don't allow to "name names" in the fora, too often, it's false alarm and the few real cases... we handle those.

You'll be up for a surprise... possibly costly surprise...

Good luck!

UdoR

May 10 06 12:50 pm Link